Cream Cheese Substitutes in Candies

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Hi All! I've always been tempted to try making the crushed Oreo cookie truffles (basically, crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese), but no one in my family/group is a big fan of cream cheese. I thought about substituting frosting or something similar, but wondered it if would be sickly sweet. I've made Cake Pops with cake and frosting and those were pretty popular. Has any tried making Oreo truffles, but using something other than cream cheese? Any suggestions on a substitute?

Hi All! I've always been tempted to try making the crushed Oreo cookie truffles (basically, crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese), but no one in my family/group is a big fan of cream cheese. I thought about substituting frosting or something similar, but wondered it if would be sickly sweet. I've made Cake Pops with cake and frosting and those were pretty popular. Has any tried making Oreo truffles, but using something other than cream cheese? Any suggestions on a substitute?

I haven't tried a substitute but would think that using frosting would be too sweet for me. Maybe if you did half cream cheese and half frosting. I assume they must be covered in chocolate because neither would give enough consistency to stay in a ball by themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!