Create a Disney Theme Park Attraction

BakerStreetBasil

Earning My Ears
Well, I imagine the quarantines have probably got a lot of us feeling cabin fever, and perhaps some of us still have theme parks on the brain. I certainly do, considering I managed to get a Disney World vacation in before the shutdown. So, I thought I'd start this thread as a fun little space for anyone looking to burn through some creative juices.

Namely, what would be some ideas you'd have for a Disney theme park attraction?

I'll start off with one.

Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Clean-Up
(Shooter dark ride)
A whole bunch of computer bugs have gotten loose at Litwak's Arcade, and it's up to rookie Antivirus programs like you to stop them! Armed with Bug Zappers, follow Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz as you blast your way through a series of colorful arcade worlds.

Inside Out: Emotional Support
(Animatronics show)
As EITs (Emotion in Training), you'll take a seat behind a control console alongside five Emotions ready to show you the ropes: Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, and Sadness. With these fives, you'll follow Riley during a school day and see just what an impact our emotions can possess.

(Yes, I fully admit this idea is inspired by Cranium Command, but it's just such a good fit I had to write it down.)

I used to envision a space ride for the Wonders of Life pavilion, where the dome is used as a full-video projection dome, but beneath that is a theater with mechanization so that the seats move with the show though I never got to specific on how. I wasn't picturing a thrill-ride tone, but something like a gentle to moderate level of motion.

In case you haven't seen it yet, check out "Imagineering in a Box" on Khan Aacdemy. It has interviews with imagineers and walks you through creating a land. It's aimed at kids, but I've found it fascinating doing it with DD!

In case you haven't seen it yet, check out "Imagineering in a Box" on Khan Aacdemy. It has interviews with imagineers and walks you through creating a land. It's aimed at kids, but I've found it fascinating doing it with DD!
Thanks for the head's-up. I'll have to look into it.

Fantasia: A Symphonic Voyage
(Log flume)
When Mickey Mouse takes a hold of a magic hat at the concert hall, the hall is filled with more than just the sound of music! From your opera boat, you'll sail through a variety of scenes from the musical classic Fantasia, all set to wondrous music as Mickey tries to set things right and get this free-floating concert back on track.

Tangled boat ride! Yes technically there's a tangled area but a Tangled ride would be great. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, but with Corona and the floating lanterns. Animatronic Rapunzel and Eugene in the boat would be amazing!
A Tangled boat ride would be such a good choice. Yeah, I can only imagine how they'd pull off the "I See the Light" scene with all of those lanterns.

I used to envision a space ride for the Wonders of Life pavilion, where the dome is used as a full-video projection dome, but beneath that is a theater with mechanization so that the seats move with the show though I never got to specific on how. I wasn't picturing a thrill-ride tone, but something like a gentle to moderate level of motion.
Interesting thought. A more gentle, perhaps relaxing form of simulator instead of the more intense thrill ride. Also, neat to hear you considered it for the Wonders of Live pavilion.

Interesting thought. A more gentle, perhaps relaxing form of simulator instead of the more intense thrill ride. Also, neat to hear you considered it for the Wonders of Live pavilion.

I had at one point thought of making that corner of Future World all about Space so you'd have Mission: SPACE, the dome attraction, and Guardians of the Galaxy - the opposite side would have been an "Earth" area with The Seas and The Land so it would have a balance.

Last edited:
I want an Alice in Wonderland dark ride that starts with a floating and a little intense style drop down the rabbit hole where it would look like what Alice saw as she was falling. Inside the ride would be lots of spinning as we encounter all of the major scenes from the film. All the characters would be featured and the music would change per scene.

Greece in World Showcase with a Greek Festival every freakin’ day.
Dancing.
Galactobouriko
Fire roasted lamb
Gyros
Ouzo
Hercules-themed ride across the river Styx and up to the Parthenon to hear some songstresses.

I had at one point thought of making that corner of Future World all about Space so you'd have Mission: SPACE, the dome attraction, and Guardians of the Galaxy - the opposite side woul dhave been an "Earth" area with The Seas and The Land so it would have a balance.
Solid idea. Perhaps that dome attraction could be set up as if it were an advanced observation station. You are there to take part in their research, using a hi-tech research pod that flies among the stars. The screens would present you with stunning visuals of stars and galaxies, while gentle movements in the seats could give a slight feeling of drifting in space. Maybe it could even have a name like...Wonders of the Cosmos.

I want an Alice in Wonderland dark ride that starts with a floating and a little intense style drop down the rabbit hole where it would look like what Alice saw as she was falling. Inside the ride would be lots of spinning as we encounter all of the major scenes from the film. All the characters would be featured and the music would change per scene.
If they can pull off a feeling of that drop down the rabbit hole, it would be cool. Besides that, I could see a trackless dark ride approach for it. Imagine the vehicles going apart as they get caught up in the caucus race, or moving along the table at the Mad Hatter and March Hare's unbirthday party.

Solid idea. Perhaps that dome attraction could be set up as if it were an advanced observation station. You are there to take part in their research, using a hi-tech research pod that flies among the stars. The screens would present you with stunning visuals of stars and galaxies, while gentle movements in the seats could give a slight feeling of drifting in space. Maybe it could even have a name like...Wonders of the Cosmos.

Yeah, I think I thought of calling the area "Wonders of Space." Then you had "Land, Sea, & Air" (Soarin'). The other areas were where Test Track is which would have been "World of Motion" but there would need to be another attraction. Then the other side with Imagination would be it's own area too, possible with yet one more small addition.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I thought of calling the area "Wonders of Space." Then you had "Land, Sea, & Air" (Soarin'). The other areas were where Test Track is whic whould have been "World of Motion" but there would need to be another attraction. Then the other side with Imagination would be it's own area too, possible with yet one more small addition.
"World of Motion" would make sense as a place where Test Track would be, but what if it were the "World of Innovation"? A section that could be devoted to showcasing how technology is constantly moving forward, being updated, refined, and improved. Test Track would definitely fit that theme, especially with that update it had where you design a custom vehicle and it gets tested during the ride.

As for imagination, that does remind me of something. While Journey Into Imagination is still a ride (even if it doesn't have the same punch as it once did), I wouldn't mind if they found some way to bring back Dreamfinder as a character. For instance...

The Dreamatorium
(3D show)
Welcome to the Dreamatorium, where Dreamfinder is ready to use an inspired invention to show how imagination can become reality! When it hits a few setbacks, however, it invites a shadowy specter to enter among us: Doubt. Will Doubt take control, or can Dreamfinder find that one little spark to light the way?

Last edited:
Speaking of Epcot, one Disney IP that I feel would make a good fit for that park would be Big Hero 6. I don't have a definite ride idea yet, but I was thinking some sort of attraction centered around the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Perhaps it could be themed around a scientific showcase or open house.

Also, a Hercules: Zero to Hero dark ride.
Honestly, I could easily see Hercules: Zero to Hero as the name for your dark ride idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter