Create a Disney Theme Park Attraction

You know, while it is fun coming up with these individual ideas for attractions, I might try something a little bigger myself. I might try writing up an idea for a whole Disney park (in its own thread, of course). It could make for a fun challenge, and offer some room for trying to create attractions rather than just writing up random thoughts. Of course, I'd like to see what people think of the theme I'm considering for the park.

That theme? Imagination.

Imagine a Disney park themed around the myriad of ways that imagination is expressed. Science, music, literature, just to name some examples. All the ways that we let imagination run free and find new outlets, and thus in turn inspire others in their own dreams and pursuits.

So, what do people think of the idea? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Tangled boat ride! Yes technically there's a tangled area but a Tangled ride would be great. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, but with Corona and the floating lanterns. Animatronic Rapunzel and Eugene in the boat would be amazing!
Good news for you. They are apparently building a Tangled boat ride.

Admittedly, it'll be over at Tokyo DisneySea, as part of a new FantaSea Springs land they're building.

Also, I rewatched Coco yesterday, and I could easily see a dark ride for it. Not one that runs through the plot of the film, but rather capturing the mood of the film by taking riders through the Land of the Dead during Dia de los Muertos.

I think I'd go back to an idea I came up with when someone asked about our hopes for the new Mary Poppins attraction that was rumored. Here's my quote from that thread:

What I'd love is something that fronts like a carousel, but then the horses "jump off" into a dark ride, similar to what they do in the jolly holiday scene. (So what we would see from the air is a building with a bit of "carousel" sticking out.) The horses would really be ride vehicles that seat 4 across, but have the outsides carved to look like horses running abreast. The track, of course, would bounce up and down a lot.

And here's the thread, if anyone wants to read more peoples' ideas:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/mary-poppins-attraction.3768830/page-2#post-61053394

Puppy Dog Pals has an episode at the dry cleaners that is clearly meant to become a ride.
Puppy Dog Pals in general needs representation in the parks with merchandise and a ride... If I have to watch it, it needs to be made.
I’m not a big fan of Vampirina but she seems to need at least an overlay at the Haunted Mansion every once in a while.

Okay, so I was thinking about it today, and I have another great idea but with an already existing ride.

So here's what we're gonna do. We're going to take Rockin' Rollercoaster and move the pre-show part all the way up to just before you get on the ride, and we'll move the queue back so it fits where the pre-show was, so when the manager calls for a super stretch limo and tells you to get going, the doors open up and you go right into the loading area and onto the ride.

But wait! There's more. It's not Aerosmith. Well, it could be Aerosmith, or it could be one of 3 other bands randomly chosen for your experience. So whatever band you see in the pre-show portion, that's the music you'll be hearing on the ride. Maybe it's Aerosmith, or maybe it's, say, My Chemical Romance, or maybe The Eagles, Def Leppard, etc.

The queue could have posters of the different bands, the ambient music could be a pre-recorded and looped radio DJ playing songs from each of the 4 artists.

Same ride, different music. Waddaya think? :scratchin:music:

I think I'd go back to an idea I came up with when someone asked about our hopes for the new Mary Poppins attraction that was rumored. Here's my quote from that thread:

What I'd love is something that fronts like a carousel, but then the horses "jump off" into a dark ride, similar to what they do in the jolly holiday scene. (So what we would see from the air is a building with a bit of "carousel" sticking out.) The horses would really be ride vehicles that seat 4 across, but have the outsides carved to look like horses running abreast. The track, of course, would bounce up and down a lot.

And here's the thread, if anyone wants to read more peoples' ideas:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/mary-poppins-attraction.3768830/page-2#post-61053394
Mary Poppins would be great for an attraction. Frankly, it's a little surprising how there hasn't been any sort of Mary Poppins ride at all yet, and your ride vehicle sounds like a great fit for a dark ride approach. Maybe even the loading dock for the ride vehicles could be curved, to really look like you're hopping onto a classic carousel.

Last edited:
You know, with Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Epcot and that Spider-Man ride opening up, it will be interesting to see what MCU stuff will become the subjects of rides. Obviously there are a few rides already out there, and there's a bit more options on the West Coast rather than east, but it will still be interesting to see.

For instance, Ant-Man. I can already think of two ideas there. One would be a simulator, shrinking down and going on an exciting flight. The other would be a dark ride, taking some inspiration from Adventure Thru Inner Space as we enter into the Quantum Realm.

You know, with Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Epcot and that Spider-Man ride opening up, it will be interesting to see what MCU stuff will become the subjects of rides. Obviously there are a few rides already out there, and there's a bit more options on the West Coast rather than east, but it will still be interesting to see.

For instance, Ant-Man. I can already think of two ideas there. One would be a simulator, shrinking down and going on an exciting flight. The other would be a dark ride, taking some inspiration from Adventure Thru Inner Space as we enter into the Quantum Realm.

At Hong Kong Disneyland they converted the Buzz Lightyear ride to Ant-Man & The Wasp: Nano-Battle. They also built the Iron Man Experience based on Star Tours (but not replacing a current installation of Star Tours).

I am very much looking forward to GotG Cosmic Rewind. While I was against the conversion of ToT to Mission: Breakout at Disneyland (and I would never want it to happen at WDW) I must say that they made the ride pretty enjoyable. There's just something about GotG that is so fun and charming.

At Hong Kong Disneyland they converted the Buzz Lightyear ride to Ant-Man & The Wasp: Nano-Battle. They also built the Iron Man Experience based on Star Tours (but not replacing a current installation of Star Tours).

I am very much looking forward to GotG Cosmic Rewind. While I was against the conversion of ToT to Mission: Breakout at Disneyland (and I would never want it to happen at WDW) I must say that they made the ride pretty enjoyable. There's just something about GotG that is so fun and charming.
I've seen a ride video of Nano-Battle, and it is a solid idea.

I'd say that Guardians of the Galaxy has a fun, irreverent tone to its characters and stories. That definitely helps them to stand out, and also works well for a fun theme park ride. It'll be interesting to see just what they do with Cosmic Rewind.

From the very first time I saw MONSTERS, INC I thought the scene of Sully and Mike W w/ Boo riding the rails on all the doors trying to find Boo's door would be a cool virtual reality attraction.
This would be such a good idea. I could really see something like a rail-suspended dark ride akin to Peter Pan's Flight based around Monsters Inc.

You know, it's a little surprising they haven't tried out the rail-suspended system for any other dark rides.

Last edited:
Well, this has wound up being more difficult than I thought. It has been fun trying to think up that theme park idea I mentioned earlier, but it's also had a fair share of challenges. For instances, trying to strike the right balance between educational and fun. Also, trying to decide on what sorts of IPs to reflect within the different sections.

It's a solid reminder about how Disney has so many talented imagineers who work together to dream up their parks. So, I might just go ahead and some of the ideas I had here, and left the idea rest. Still, it was fun. For instance, of the sections of that imagination-based park would have been centered around art, and these were a few ideas I had for potential attractions:

Rapunzel’s Tangled Gallery
(Walkthrough)
The Kingdom of Corona has a new art gallery, hosting the work of a promising new talent: Princess Rapunzel! Walk along and witness for yourself the extraordinary tale of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, as told through her own paintings depicting their adventures.

The Hercules Muse-Eum
(Animatronic show)
Within these ancient Greek ruins, the Muses have returned with quite the story to tell. Ancient vases, stone statues, and wall frescoes come to life as they tell the legend of Hercules, and how the son of Zeus went from zero to hero.

Goofy’s Art Academy
(Shooter dark ride)
When you have Goofy as your instructor, you’re certain to have a lesson in art that’s anything but ordinary. Hopping in a portable classroom, you’ll make use of paint cannons to bring some color through a new painting technique: the “Splat” method!

Hall of the Living Arts
(Dark ride)
Celeste deTravers has located many strange pieces of art in her travels, none so strange as the Eye of Arc Pluvius. Under its prismatic gaze, your private tour of Celeste’s gallery will turn topsy-turvy as colors abound and the art pieces come to life!

I got some ride ideas for Disneyland, California! I'm gonna list them here:

Disneyland Park

The Lion King: Adventure Through Pride Rock

(Trackless Dark Ride)
Take a ride through the famous moments in the classic animated movie, The Lion King, with the help of the latest trackless ride system.

Universe of Energy: Retold
(Trackless Dark Ride)
Journey through back in time to 66 million years ago, during the last days of the dinosaurs, featuring the most up-to-date and speculative audio animatronic dinosaurs and other extinct beasts, including the feathered bird-like Raptors, the omnivorous Triceratops, and many more. We also talk about the many primary energy sources and cleaner alternatives. A modernized remake of the old Epcot ride.

Lemur Walkabout
(Walkthrough Zoo)
Travel through the lush landscape in the island of Madagascar and meet face to face with your favorite cast of animals that live there, including lemurs! Note: Do not feed or attempt to touch the animals.

Skyway Magic
(Sky Tram Ride)
The sky trams have returned in Disneyland better than ever! Visit Disneyland to take a trip in the Magic Skyway to see a breathtaking view of Disneyland.

Tangled: A Rapids Adventure
(Rapids Dark Ride Hybrid)
Inspired by the classic animated movie, this ride takes you through the unforgettable scenes of the movie, with the help of advanced special effects.

Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland
(Mine Train Dark Ride)
After nearly half a century, the beloved mine train ride is back, next door to Big Thunder Railroad Mountain. Take a trek through the wild west and see the many wild critters and scenery, including the famous Rainbow Caverns.

Disney's California Adventures

DINOSAUR
(Dark Ride)
Travel back in time on a perilous prehistoric race to rescue a dinosaur—before the meteor strikes.

Sinbad's Storybook Voyage
(Dark Boat Ride)
Set sail for adventure with Sinbad and Chandul.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
(Dark Animatronic Show)
A sinister experiment brings a horrifying creature within claws reach of you! An exact clone of the now-defunct attraction at Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World.

Journey to the Center of the Earth
(Roller Coaster Dark Ride Hybrid)
While exploring on a subterranean vehicle, unexpected danger sends you hurling through the caverns.

Aquatopia
(Trackless Water Ride)
Board a watercraft for a whirling ride with unexpected turns.

Venetian Gondolas
(Cano Ride)
Enjoy the views as you ride on the gondola through the romantic canals.

That's all for now. I hope you liked my ideas, and I hope these will become reality one day! :)

Last edited:
Horizons 2.0 - Going more in-depth with the futuristic concepts that the original Horizons had. That attraction was very inspiring to many people, including me, growing up as I was 5 years old when I first went on it.

It gave me a real sense of optimism for the future and I think we could use more of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter