Creating a list and budget on things that we will need to outfit our RV... Help needed! Please and Thank you...

We bought a 22" Blackstone griddle with the stand and find as long as the weather is good, we rarely cook inside. Much more elbow room outside and a nicer view. I also have an electric kettle. Besides the obvious for tea, I use it to get hot water boiling, propane can take forever, as well as use up your propane. And usually bring the instant pot, provided you have electric.

Most of my suggestions are for cooking. Also, command hooks are your best friend to hang up items on the walls.

Ok , my 2 cents, worth even less then that. Once you buy it, do a camp driveway. Camp at the home and make a list of what you forget and or have to have. Add pen and paper to the list! Lots of stuff you think you need, you end up not using, and lots of stuff you never thought about you need. Outfit with the basics. The rest will come. Water hose ,sewer, pressure reducer for water hose, ems protecter if you dont have one built in, bedding, sheets , soap , cooking gear, broom, keep ot simple then add stuff as tou see what type of camping you do ,and what you need for that. Everyone is diffrent.

We bought a 22" Blackstone griddle with the stand and find as long as the weather is good, we rarely cook inside. Much more elbow room outside and a nicer view. I also have an electric kettle. Besides the obvious for tea, I use it to get hot water boiling, propane can take forever, as well as use up your propane. And usually bring the instant pot, provided you have electric.

Most of my suggestions are for cooking. Also, command hooks are your best friend to hang up items on the walls.

For Christmas I was planning on getting DH a new portable grill, for the boat. We have a small gas table top one that is okay for just the 2 of us...but when we bring the kids and grandkid's it's difficult to get everything on at once and not have to cook in batches... so I have been looking for a alternative.. I need something that folds up. I'm not familiar with Blackstone, so I will check it out. ... I agree it's so much fun to cook outside, and on top of it why does the food always taste so much better. ? LOL - thanks for the idea for the Christmas gift...

Aren't command hooks the greatest things ever!

Ok , my 2 cents, worth even less then that. Once you buy it, do a camp driveway. Camp at the home and make a list of what you forget and or have to have. Add pen and paper to the list! Lots of stuff you think you need, you end up not using, and lots of stuff you never thought about you need. Outfit with the basics. The rest will come. Water hose ,sewer, pressure reducer for water hose, ems protector if you don't have one built in, bedding, sheets , soap , cooking gear, broom, keep to simple then add stuff as you see what type of camping you do ,and what you need for that. Everyone is different.

I appreciate your thoughts very much, and worth way more than 2 cents.. For the first couple/several years, most likely it will be set up somewhere for the whole summer, along with our boat.. So we can play/relax/enjoy more time the water and outdoors and haul less which cuts into our play time. After the summer we would use it for long weekend getaways up in the bend of Florida, for fishing and lounging around...maybe a week or two in the mountains.. Once DH retires then we are going to do some big cross country road trips... Another reason we are wanting one is because of the hurricanes here in Fl... We have been without power many many times, having a RV to retreat to would be a huge help..

... I am going to have to get a binder tomorrow to start keeping all the great info...
Good idea. We have a rather large 3" binder that we secure ALL owner's manuals and warranty cards for everything in the RV so it's in one place. All the individual manuals for all the appliances and accouterments in the RV plus everything we've added get 3-hole punched and placed into the binder. Warranty info cards as well. Things like the water heater, furnace, electric fireplace, TV's, "one pot," the surge protector, the kuerig, alarm clock, new grill, etc. All info on how to operate or get warranty service is in that book. The only one that's not in there is the manufacturer's manual (Jayco) as it's too fat to punch holes in.

Unless I missed it, the most important item if your unit doesn't come with it when you purchase it, is a surge protector. Either a portable or hardwired one work. They are expensive depending on the one you get but it is cheaper than replacing electrical systems if you get zapped by bad campsite wiring or lightning.
That's DEFINITELY a must have.
I would also add a must have, especially for TT or 5ers, is a set of good wheel chocks. You might think a 12,000 lb 5th wheel won't move, but we've camped in some serious wind (Glacier NP area) and glad to have them as the RV was really rockin'!

I agree a driveway camping event is required. However, it's hard to avoid the temptation of running into the house to retrieve something. I suggest a very local campground knowing its only purpose is to accommodate your "shakedown" cruise. Then take your list to your favorite retailer(s) for flushing out your inventory.

Happy camping!

Good idea. We have a rather large 3" binder that we secure ALL owner's manuals and warranty cards for everything in the RV so it's in one place. All the individual manuals for all the appliances and accouterments in the RV plus everything we've added get 3-hole punched and placed into the binder. Warranty info cards as well. Things like the water heater, furnace, electric fireplace, TV's, "one pot," the surge protector, the kuerig, alarm clock, new grill, etc. All info on how to operate or get warranty service is in that book. The only one that's not in there is the manufacturer's manual (Jayco) as it's too fat to punch holes in.

That's DEFINITELY a must have.
I would also add a must have, especially for TT or 5ers, is a set of good wheel chocks. You might think a 12,000 lb 5th wheel won't move, but we've camped in some serious wind (Glacier NP area) and glad to have them as the RV was really rockin'!

I agree a driveway camping event is required. However, it's hard to avoid the temptation of running into the house to retrieve something. I suggest a very local campground knowing its only purpose is to accommodate your "shakedown" cruise. Then take your list to your favorite retailer(s) for flushing out your inventory.

Happy camping!

More good info... Wheel chocks going on the list...

Unfortunately camping in the drive is a no go... We have a rear load garage, and a alley behind us, and its one way... So a no go for sure.

Since we live so close to Disney our Maiden Voyage... will be to Fort Wilderness for sure... :cool1:

If we really need something, we could go home and back within like 45 minutes...

For Christmas I was planning on getting DH a new portable grill, for the boat. We have a small gas table top one that is okay for just the 2 of us...but when we bring the kids and grandkid's it's difficult to get everything on at once and not have to cook in batches... so I have been looking for a alternative.. I need something that folds up. I'm not familiar with Blackstone, so I will check it out. ... I agree it's so much fun to cook outside, and on top of it why does the food always taste so much better. ? LOL - thanks for the idea for the Christmas gift...

Aren't command hooks the greatest things ever!

I have the 17" Blackstone. We love it.

For mold control in out fifth wheel we use a Davis air heater unit. They are usually used to dry out boat cabins. Uses less energy than running AC, and no need to worry about draining like a dehumidifier. Also no need to worry about it running out like damprid. We leave it in a cabinet when we travel then set up when we strore. It does require that trailer be plugged in but only to a regular extension cord.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!