Cribs

Coqui0818

Earning My Ears
Some time ago, I read hear that there is a company that rents cribs and delivers them to the hotels/DVC. Can someone give me their web address or phone? Unfortunately, my 9 month-old twins are not accepting their pack and play nor have I succeeded using and airmatress. :confused3 Our trip is coming up in 2 weeks! :cool1:

I know they have cribs available at OKW because we had one two years ago for our gd. However, the one we had was more like a hospital crib and she hated it and it wasn't till the last few nights that we discovered she was better off in the pack and play. I do remember someone else saying that they now have more modern cribs so I would give MS a call and request them, but make sure you call the day before you are going to confirm because although I reconfirmed several times the crib was not in the room when we arrived and I had to be very emphatic but nice and insist that they deliver the crib that day. They did and everything was fine except for the fact that she didn't like it. She was 1 yo at the time. Good luck and have a great trip.

I'm in your situation. My 10-month-old will need a full-sized crib (not even the ones that come in hotel rooms work--they're too small) and a pack-n-play just ticks her off since she's so close to the ground and wants out to crawl and play on the floor.

I called MS back in May and they said that they have a company that we can call. I didn't take the number down (because I wasn't sure back then what she'd accept sleeping in come Dec.), but I will have to call MS soon and get that number.

I'm hoping someone on the DIS boards can give us some options as well. Thanks for posting this question.

Coqui0818 said:
Some time ago, I read hear that there is a company that rents cribs and delivers them to the hotels/DVC. Can someone give me their web address or phone? Unfortunately, my 9 month-old twins are not accepting their pack and play nor have I succeeded using and airmatress. :confused3 Our trip is coming up in 2 weeks! :cool1:

When we stayed at the VWL with my sons and their families, one used the lodge's crib (metal and hospital-like, but 2 yr. old had no trouble sleeping in it) and the other rented one. The company came in and set it up. I believe he got the name and phone number from the Family Board.

Thanks for the suggestion to post in the Family Board. Most people there suggested A Baby's Best Friend... abbf.com Hope this helps everyone else.

Coqui0818 said:
Thanks for the suggestion to post in the Family Board. Most people there suggested A Baby's Best Friend... abbf.com Hope this helps everyone else.
Thanks for following up on this post. It makes it easier not having to hop all over these boards looking for the info!

The other commonly recommended place is Children's Furniture Rental, 407-522-0233 -- see this Family board thread discussing CFR and ABBF. CRF does not have a website, but I've seen posts about them for a few years now. I have used ABBF three times in the past year (12/04, 5/05, 5/05) and our experience has been good/okay -- see my thread here for more information.

For our upcoming trip I plan to try CFR and see how we like having the crib pre-set up for us in the unit. Cost does not factor into our decision to try CFR though it in fact comes out a bit cheaper because (1) we bring our own linens and CRF has a rental price for crib only or one for crib and linen and (2) with ABBF cribs we usually tip around $5 to $10 extra each way for bell service to pick up and drop off. I'm just ready to try a different rental company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter