Crowd Levels When Parks Reopen

For most people it takes some time to plan a trip to Florida. For that reason alone I would expect two things:
1. Disney will announce the opening date at least two weeks before that actual date.
-They need time to get cast members back, clean, test, prep everything anyway, so it might be longer than 2 weeks.
2. That will give people time to plan so I would expect it to be packed from day-1

If they re-open sometime this summer, that means that C-19 will still be active with no vaccine, though perhaps better understood and managed. With that significant levels of social distancing will be needed so the crowds may not be limited by demand, but rather set to the levels needed for social distancing. Similarly what is open at the parks will in part be based on the practicality of social distancing in specific cases.

I have suggested that on site guests only at the parks is a likely scenario at restart.
The virus might dissipate by summer as most respiratory viruses do, but even if that is not the case, the kind of social distancing that is mandated now would be impossible at Disney World. As long as social distancing is mandated, Disney World will remain closed.

Disney would never open only to resort guests. That just isn't enough visitors to be profitable to them.

Last edited:
I think it will be a mad house. And I base that on the fact that it was a mad house right before they closed.

Disney would never open only to resort guests. That just isn't enough visitors to be profitable to them.
The resort division would be profitable and DVC sales could restart which generates profits. No the parks would likely not be profitable but would likely loose less than a full close

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!