Crowds the week after Easter????

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide If we should go the week after Easter, and by that I mean a full week so arriving the Saturday after Easter or the first full week of May. Does anyone have any insight I’m not sure when spring break crowds lighten? Thank you so much in advance.

The two weeks surrounding Easter are insanely busy -- second only to Christmas time. The first week of May is a much better choice.

The two weeks surrounding Easter are insanely busy -- second only to Christmas time. The first week of May is a much better choice.
May might well be better, but I'll mention that I was there over Easter weekend in 2017 (Maundy Thursday through Easter Monday) and crowds weren't terrible at all. It wasn't low crowd, but it was better than our non-Easter March spring break trip a few years before. It was no madhouse.

May might well be better, but I'll mention that I was there over Easter weekend in 2017 (Maundy Thursday through Easter Monday) and crowds weren't terrible at all. It wasn't low crowd, but it was better than our non-Easter March spring break trip a few years before. It was no madhouse.
The first week of May is much less busy. Honestly, if I could pick any week to go, that would be the one.

Trying to decide If we should go the week after Easter, and by that I mean a full week so arriving the Saturday after Easter or the first full week of May. Does anyone have any insight I’m not sure when spring break crowds lighten? Thank you so much in advance.

OP is talking about arriving the Saturday AFTER Easter, so that would be Apr 27 through May 4. I honestly don't think there'll be much difference between that week and the following week and would choose the one that is cheaper and/or fits better with my family's schedule.

Just want to say that I went the week you're talking about in 2018. Easter was Sunday, April 1st. I went the week AFTER, starting on Monday, April 9th. Very low crowds. It was awesome.

I’m planning on arriving the weekend after Easter (April 27th) and expect crowds that weekend as I know my kids spring break is the week after Easter. But I think starting that Monday it should be lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter