Crowds ..

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
K so I’m still hopeful for May and maybe October next year . I just watched a video live from universal and the “crowds “
For the past 7 months I’ve avoided them at all costs , drive to multiple grocery stores to find the least crowded etc
Is anyone else worried about anxiety in crowds after ten pandemic winds down ? I just saw that video and was like panicked and it’s not normally a thing , but We’ve avoided public transportation , malls etc
I just wonder how we transition back to crowds and events ?

I don't do well with crowds on a normal day so post Covid 19 will certainly be a challenge
for me. I think Post Covid the parks will be super crowded and busy.
I figure a Vaccine has to be developed first , then mass vaccine production ,,followed by mass inoculation.
Getting on a plane in a small confined space would be super hard for me right now.

I'm just not sure that 7 months (May 2021) to 12 months (October 2021) is enough time to do all of that.

Everyone is different in their comfort levels and I am sure many will travel before a Vaccine is even developed. (Just not me).

I've sold 1 of my 4 DVC contracts and will probably lose a few points this year.
I am hopeful for March 2022 (17 months from now).
Next years points will either get
1. banked over
2. book & rent out a dedicated reservation
3. transfer points
*(As long as I recoup enough to cover the dues I am ok as I bought a long time ago and paid cash,, so no monthly payments).

**My Oct 25 2020 Halloween trip coming up next week ,,,I ended up renting it out and while I am thankful I recouped the money I am sad that I will not be trick or treating in Disney this year.
I'm Dreaming of a Oct 2022 Halloween Trip to Universal Orlando
with Harry Potter & the Gang!!

Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:
Agree. And think I’m making payments and haven’t even stayed once. Went two weeks before riviera opened and had two trips cancelled so far .. it sucks lol

I just never even thought about crowds ( and I mean it was a light crowd ) but I avoid the grocery store when it looks crowded . I wonder if one can just shut that off ..

I don't do well with crowds on a normal day so post Covid 19 will certainly be a challenge
for me. I think Post Covid the parks will be super crowded and busy.
I figure a Vaccine has to be developed first , then mass vaccine production ,,followed by mass inoculation.
Getting on a plane in a small confined space would be super hard for me right now.

I'm just not sure that 7 months (May 2021) to 12 months (October 2021) is enough time to do all of that.

Everyone is different in their comfort levels and I am sure many will travel before a Vaccine is even developed. (Just not me).

I've sold 1 of my 4 DVC contracts and will probably lose a few points this year.
I am hopeful for March 2022 (17 months from now).
Next years points will either get
1. banked over
2. book & rent out a dedicated reservation
3. transfer points
*(As long as I recoup enough to cover the dues I am ok as I bought a long time ago and paid cash,, so no monthly payments).

**My Oct 25 2020 Halloween trip coming up next week ,,,I ended up renting it out and while I am thankful I recouped the money I am sad that I will not be trick or treating in Disney this year.
View attachment 533099
I'm Dreaming of a Oct 2022 Halloween Trip to Universal Orlando
with Harry Potter & the Gang!!

Hugs to you
Mel

K so I’m still hopeful for May and maybe October next year . I just watched a video live from universal and the “crowds “
For the past 7 months I’ve avoided them at all costs , drive to multiple grocery stores to find the least crowded etc
Is anyone else worried about anxiety in crowds after ten pandemic winds down ? I just saw that video and was like panicked and it’s not normally a thing , but We’ve avoided public transportation , malls etc
I just wonder how we transition back to crowds and events ?
I think I am too used to the "new" normal of social distancing that when I watch shows or movies when everyone is at a party or sharing food I freak out inside.

Its going to be so weird to transition back to "not" wearing a mask at public places. I cant even fathom what its like to be in a crowded room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!