Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this will be deleted because of the "M" word, but anyway

I found myself getting aggravated about people wearing their masks below their noses, at chin level, or even removing them on rides (Buzz Lightyear and TOT). Then I had to remember, I am at WDW. I can only control MY actions. And, why does it really even bother me that someone is breaking the rules? I really really tried not to let all that bother me. I am not the mask police. I did not like it when the party behind me in line (group of 6/7) kept getting within inches of me-but again, I had my mask on. I wash my hands and use antibacterial wipes after each ride and before eating-

I did drink my water while in line a couple of times. I would take a quick sip and put my mask back up. I followed the que markers and I did not take my masks off on rides or for pics.

My main issue was at Oga's. We were a party of four adults. We ordered the Charcuterie and chip appetizers and four drinks. The server said we had EXACTLY 45 minutes from the time we placed our order. It was HOT and we wanted to relax and enjoy our drinks and apps, but the time restriction was a annoying. We only got one drink each. We almost finished our food. Server was not rude about it and I can understand that with limited seating they needed a time limit. So, do they give everyone a 45 minute time limit ? what if there are only 1/2 people? what if there are six or more in a group?
The 45 minute limit has been in place since Ogas opened.

We are here now, crowds are like a normal October VERY busy and mask compliance is not the best. Entire families with the masks off or below noses. Lots of announcements about being asked to leave but no cast members enforcing. One ride at least 5 cast members and nothing said. That said we are making the best of it and having a great time!!

The 45 minute time limit has been in place since it opened. There are way too many people that want to experience it and it’s such a small bar. So they need the time limit to keep the tables turning.
I have been there a few times and this was the first time they said that. I just thought that with less seating available due to covid that is why they said 45 minutes. I think before they said 2 drinks max per person if I remember correctly. Either way, we will go back every time we visit. There is always something new to discover.

I have been there a few times and this was the first time they said that. I just thought that with less seating available due to covid that is why they said 45 minutes. I think before they said 2 drinks max per person if I remember correctly. Either way, we will go back every time we visit. There is always something new to discover.
I have a friend who has to do Oga’s every time he goes to HS, and he’s been complaining about the 45 minute time limit since it opened. He went mid August and was actually allowed to stay in longer since it wasn’t fully booked that day, I was getting lots of “this is amazing!” messages from him because he was able to stay for a little over an hour. Now he knows it’s picked up and is fully expecting to chug his drink and leave as usual. My DH and I will be doing Oga’s for the first time next month, after my friends many reports we are only ordering one drink each so we aren’t too rushed finishing them. Maybe one day in the future they won’t be as strict, but I don’t think that day is anywhere in the near future.

In my experience, the 45 minute time limit at DLR wasn’t really enforced as long as you were actively eating or drinking. The two drink max was enforced.

The 45 minute limit has been in place since Ogas opened.

In addition, the location was not destined for you to sit 90 mins and have unlimited cocktails. There are PLENTY of places around WDW for that, this is an attraction. If they did not have this rule, Star Wars fanboys would line up at open and not leave until closing time. You know it’s true.

Probably sick of doing it. Probably see it and roll their eyes and think to themselves, "Oh jeez, not again... I don't get paid enough to be a mask cop. Maybe I'll just pretend I didn't see it....."

CM's are not sick of doing it, people just don't listen or pull it up temporarily and turn around and walk away and it's back down. You can't control everyone all the time. Please don't blame CM's or assume to know what they are thinking.

We are here now, crowds are like a normal October VERY busy and mask compliance is not the best. Entire families with the masks off or below noses. Lots of announcements about being asked to leave but no cast members enforcing. One ride at least 5 cast members and nothing said. That said we are making the best of it and having a great time!!
I think I'd have to ask to see a manager in that scenario. Its a bit of a farce to have taken the wording of their rules up to the next level yet have CMs that cant be bothered to enforce the rules.

I have a friend who has to do Oga’s every time he goes to HS, and he’s been complaining about the 45 minute time limit since it opened. He went mid August and was actually allowed to stay in longer since it wasn’t fully booked that day, I was getting lots of “this is amazing!” messages from him because he was able to stay for a little over an hour. Now he knows it’s picked up and is fully expecting to chug his drink and leave as usual. My DH and I will be doing Oga’s for the first time next month, after my friends many reports we are only ordering one drink each so we aren’t too rushed finishing them. Maybe one day in the future they won’t be as strict, but I don’t think that day is anywhere in the near future.

Try going just before closing. We had three drinks there and nobody was rushing us out with an ADR 30 minutes before close. The bartender was the one who asked if we wanted a third drink, too.

Try going just before closing. We had three drinks there and nobody was rushing us out with an ADR 30 minutes before close. The bartender was the one who asked if we wanted a third drink, too.
Crazy how much this depends on the CM. We had a closing ADR and our server was practically pushing us out the door from the moment we sat down.

Right, which is why I said it's all CM dependent at closing time.
I feel like that rule is in place to keep you from sitting in there and taking a table up for a long time. I feel like we were there for longer than 45 mins, but that’s mostly because it took a while for our drinks to come and for the waitress to take care of the bill. Like you said, it’s largely up to the cast member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter