Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy to see you’re able to make this observation for the first time in almost 3 months. I know how much it means to you

When do DHS and AK close for 2 days a week again? Just wondering since you were certain that was happening.
I never said they were going to close 2 days a week.

If demand was so high, how come more resorts aren't open and hours are being cut Jan 1st

Last edited:
We are just back and I can tell you it was regular October crowds as far as I could tell! Very busy, not great social distancing especially in MK and HS! Wait times even during weekdays were long and mask compliance at about 80 percent. Anyone want specific questions answered just message me! Still had an awesome trip but those videos are very deceiving!
I second this entire post!

I never said they were going to close 2 days a week.

If demand was so high, how come more resorts aren't open and hours are being cut Jan 1st

No one said the demand was “high”, doesn’t mean it’s non existent as you claim it to be.

If demand was so low, why has Disney cut hours, and then extend hours for those same dates? On numerous occasions I may add. “Cutting” hours for January in October is like in September when they cut hours for November and December. They’re placeholder hours

There’s a reason there’s been arguing whether or not Chapek is lying about the parks only being at 25% capacity. If there’s questioning whether you’re beyond an allotted number of people, that’s what demand is.

Last edited:

We’ve been swimming at Stormalong bay all day and the Epcot park reservations for the AP & resort buckets were gone at noon. 😞

Here now and I’d love to have dinner in Epcot tonight but I went to Hollywood Studios today...can’t they satisfy our food cravings by letting us park hop for dinner reservations...at least DVC & APs...sorry just venting

Nighttime shows/ fireworks can be done safely, sea world proved it this summer and now universal. This is the only issue that i will say with certainty Disney is dragging its feet solely because of money

Respect the heck out of your knowledge and insight, but I think it’s way more complicated than that.

Disney is trying to demonstrate that they are doing they most they can for safety. Everyone is watching them with more scrutiny than UO and SW, and DW shows seem infinitely more popular. They are clearly trying to send messages to California that safety is key.

Policing a huge crowd in the dark is not easy. Unless they make HEA and F! a ticketed event, you just can‘t do it. It’s just going to make guests angry.

Epcot is the place to pull it off because you can space people. But Epcot is a strange park right now. Demand is lower then than the other 3 parks, especially while Remy remains dark.

I think once they get can get Park Hopping back, EF will be back.

Respect the heck out of your knowledge and insight, but I think it’s way more complicated than that.

Disney is trying to demonstrate that they are doing they most they can for safety. Everyone is watching them with more scrutiny than UO and SW, and DW shows seem infinitely more popular. They are clearly trying to send messages to California that safety is key.

Policing a huge crowd in the dark is not easy. Unless they make HEA and F! a ticketed event, you just can‘t do it. It’s just going to make guests angry.

Epcot is the place to pull it off because you can space people. But Epcot is a strange park right now. Demand is lower then than the other 3 parks, especially while Remy remains dark.

I think once they get can get Park Hopping back, EF will be back.
And I respect your opinion :) just my personal thoughts.
Happy Sunday everyone!!

And I respect your opinion :) just my personal thoughts.
Happy Sunday everyone!!

I'll also add...

In some ways, it will always come down to money at some level.

If capacity is 25% at the parks, there is a even a lower % that they could make something like HEA and F! safe. What % would that be? 5% or 10% at MK? 10% at HS?

Do you allow 25% capacity in MK for the day but kick out 15% before the show because they missed their opportunity getting a HEA reservation? From a financial perspective, will it be worth it to kick off fireworks to such a low crowd? That's where the finance part of it comes into play IMO.

I'll also add...

In some ways, it will always come down to money at some level.

If capacity is 25% at the parks, there is a even a lower % that they could make something like HEA and F! safe. What % would that be? 5% or 10% at MK? 10% at HS?

Do you allow 25% capacity in MK for the day but kick out 15% before the show because they missed their opportunity getting a HEA reservation? From a financial perspective, will it be worth it to kick off fireworks to such a low crowd? That's where the finance part of it comes into play IMO.

Well from a finance standpoint they cant make a profit so they may as well shut it all down, right? If its 25% of attendance and restaurant restrictions dont allow you to have more than x people, may as well not sell food either. The pools also lose money and serve even less people now so may as well shut them down too.

Fantasmic previously could only fit x amount of park capacity. People missed out regardless. Id imagine with reduced show capacity, that % would be about the same.

At some point you have to deliver a product.

Well from a finance standpoint they cant make a profit so they may as well shut it all down, right? If its 25% of attendance and restaurant restrictions dont allow you to have more than x people, may as well not sell food either. The pools also lose money and serve even less people now so may as well shut them down too.

Fantasmic previously could only fit x amount of park capacity. People missed out regardless. Id imagine with reduced show capacity, that % would be about the same.

At some point you have to deliver a product.

It's not about "delivering a product".

Having too many people congregate to watch a show with the lights off is problematic right now. They could certainly kick out everyone at MK and run the show for you exclusively and make it safe, but that's not going to happen.

It's not about "delivering a product".

Having too many people congregate to watch a show with the lights off is problematic right now. They could certainly kick out everyone at MK and run the show for you exclusively and make it safe, but that's not going to happen.

If the other parks are able to do it and it works, why can't Disney? It really comes down to that. If it's for the appearance/illusion of being the best, safest, cares the most about the people in the world - then people are going to start to question why on earth everyone else can manage it, but Disney can't. They already have a park reservation system in place to deal with capacity limits. If you can't get in, you can't get in.

I also think it's a money issue, otherwise I agree they need to start bringing some of these things back sooner rather than later if it keeps working for other parks. They can't keep expecting people to say "oh Disney cares about us so it's okay".

(obviously if Covid goes crazy again in florida, this would be a different discussion)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter