Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just read a post on wdwmagic that Disney is not letting people in the Mickey Runaway Railway stand-by line today if too big. He said that may be one way they are trying to control lines this weekend. Capping amount of people. He said idea is that if they cap one line, people will go wait in another line....

Oh I would be so mad if now they told me I couldn't even wait in the stand by line... now just a bunch of people are going to be milling about waiting for the line to open.

They did this when we were there on 10/18. The CM at the end of the line was telling guest that the line was closed and to come back because they were out of room to social distance the line.

I've heard a lot of different strategies for riding MMRR (is that right...so many consonants) in the morning for pre-park opening but I haven't heard anyone reporting on park closure strategies?
Is that a thing?

I'm not opposed to early mornings or rope drop strategies, but I am trying to be more chill on this trip with everything. We will be close enough that we can go to HS and then leave and come back later. Has anyone seen the line time die down toward the end of the day?

I've heard a lot of different strategies for riding MMRR (is that right...so many consonants) in the morning for pre-park opening but I haven't heard anyone reporting on park closure strategies?
Is that a thing?

I'm not opposed to early mornings or rope drop strategies, but I am trying to be more chill on this trip with everything. We will be close enough that we can go to HS and then leave and come back later. Has anyone seen the line time die down toward the end of the day?
Closer to park close is definitely a strategy and yes waits tend to decrease the later in the day you go.

Is that a thing?

Honestly, just hop in the line and wait. MMRR is a fantastic ride and worth the time spent in the line. -- Side note, go get a beverage from the Brown Derby Lounge and THEN go get in the line. :earboy2:

Is that a thing?

If you’re fine riding it only once, I’d say make it the last thing you do. The listed wait time right before park close is almost always wrong to deter a massive crowd jumping in line because it’s a short wait and creating a long line in the process. I think I got in line at 7:55 for my 2nd ride on MMRR, the listed wait time was 60 minutes and it was at most 15 minutes.

When we were there last Thursday we arrived around 9:30 (walked from Boardwalk) and were told that the line was already 2 hours long so it was closed (park didn't even open until 10). So I am guessing if you want to ride first thing in the morning, you have to get there around 9?
I’m sorry but the fact that WDW thinks this is an acceptable way to handle lines is BUNK.

When we were there last Thursday we arrived around 9:30 (walked from Boardwalk) and were told that the line was already 2 hours long so it was closed (park didn't even open until 10). So I am guessing if you want to ride first thing in the morning, you have to get there around 9? Once they got through the opening rush of people, the line seemed to fluctuate from about 70 to 100 minutes throughout the day depending on cleaning cycles and breakdowns.

Yep kinda what we saw. The other headliners had long lines right away as well. Not much you can do, we were still very happy to be there though, and it was on an AP so between the great weather escape and atmosphere-it was well worth it.

I’m sorry but the fact that WDW thinks this is an acceptable way to handle lines is BUNK.

What would your solution be given the situation? If they went virtual queue for MMRR, then they would just be diverting people to stand by at the other headliners and have the same problem. If they do VQ at all the attractions, there will just be thousands of people loitering around clogging up walkways, shops, tables etc.

Honestly, it seems like the best most reasonable scenario to me given the current situation 🤷🏻‍♀️

Probably fair to guess this is something that will be there long after the pandemic portion of COVID.
Nice new feature for on-site guests. Have to imagine BBB and others like that will join once they open. But I think the 70-60 day is much better for Disney Planning in general.

Personal opinion Dining at WDW should be in that same threshold of 60-90 days out going forward whenever we get to what we are going to classify as "Normal" operations.

What would your solution be given the situation? If they went virtual queue for MMRR, then they would just be diverting people to stand by at the other headliners and have the same problem. If they do VQ at all the attractions, there will just be thousands of people loitering around clogging up walkways, shops, tables etc.

Honestly, it seems like the best most reasonable scenario to me given the current situation 🤷🏻‍♀️

Its the same issue Universal had at volcano bay. They do not have enough offerings to go all virtual. The only way to do it is mix virtual for some and standby with others. Just capping a line is flat out dumb.

Where were lines being capped? Was it Carpets of Aladdin? I knew it!!

In all seriousness though I think this is a problem that needs some attention. I don't mean to sound ignorant to all the issues presented but it just isn't a good look, especially for non locals, i.e. their "preferred" guests. I'm sure increasing crowds have been on everyone's mind but I personally start getting tweaked realizing my chances of riding their new premier ride, ROTR, are slim to none - even with all the proper planning, MDE test runs at home, etc etc. I mean coming from the Pacific NW, it's a huge investment with a great chance of little to no returns. This might not be as big an issue for locals, or AP holders but for me, it is.
Of course folks can spout off "well then, just don't go" but I'm trying to look at it from Disney's perspective, trying to attract the stay on site gang, (me). At least I hear they are trying to increase the ride capacity at ROTR, that's a start, but now they are capping lines?
And I know it's not just me. One of my once favorite bloggers (who's increasing negativity is becoming a downer) even wrote a piece about possibly skipping HS entirely:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/hollywood-studios-report-skip-strategize/And even ResortTV1 had a piece on it today, asking viewers if fast passes should return. I imagine it's becoming difficult for the vloggers as well - who wants to watch a vlog of some person standing in line for hours on end?
My take on the later is they have an ulterior motive and might be trying to drum up support so their vlogs can return to a semblance of profitable normalcy.
Well, thanks for letting me vent :)

What is the wilderness back trail adventure? I know a lot of Disney stuff but not this. I assume it is at the Fort

Increasing ride capacity on other rides then implement a VQ or BG situation. When I was there it was 70 minutes winding through the blazing heat, I can’t even picture two hours.

Just saw a video of the plexiglass ROTR vehicles...not very good if your in the 2nd row or back, lots of reflections and shaking ..very distracting.
Front row should be better but who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter