Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned they are brother and sister not a couple 🤯. Oops.

I thought they were a couple too. She posted a video earlier this year which makes no sense if they’re siblings.

I don’t have any problem with “influencers“ park hopping or getting fast passes from Disney. It’s basically free advertising for Disney. The vlogs should be posted today or tomorrow.

For those hoping for Harmonious to debut "soon" disney just posted a story on the HUB about testing that occurred last week
"work will continue in the coming months"
so it will be "soon"

I think I read that EF or maybe it was HEA had 6 months worth of testing FWIW.

In other news they have started cross training lots of CM from MFSR into RotR so they can work both, I think this might be in direct relation with not having any CPs this season but I could be wrong

Totally. Maybe also for in case there is a positive covid CM case and CMs need to quarantine or get sick? It would make sense to expand training so they could have more flexibility in attraction staffing in SWGE.

Last edited:
I think i read about boats starting up again between resorts? Is that true?

LIke - Boat from WL to Contemporary - a thing now?

View attachment 528492

View attachment 528493

this is what I meant earlier by it setting bad optics to allow influencers these perks and leaving it as a tease. Now people are under the impression these perks are coming back. Doesn’t seem like the smartest decision from Disney if this is a whole lot of nothing

I know we are all still a little on edge with the way that have handled passholders but that second comment on the first screenshot is unnecessarily rude.
What I'm hoping is this was some kind of (media) event/preview and we will get details in the coming days from reports and vlogs. Which is what normally happens anyway. I don't think they are giving special treatment to influencers.

I thought they were a couple too. She posted a video earlier this year which makes no sense if they’re siblings.

I don’t have any problem with “influencers“ park hopping or getting fast passes from Disney. It’s basically free advertising for Disney. The vlogs should be posted today or tomorrow.

They are siblings! She's married and her husband does vlogs with her sometimes. :)

I have no issue with the vloggers getting perks, makes it more fun for me to watch the videos.

I just don't understand how people can eat as much as the vloggers do! During the tasting videos (allears had a great one) - my stomach, I would have vomited from all the sweet stuff they ate. Maybe they break it up and just wear same clothes on two different days???

I know we are all still a little on edge with the way that have handled passholders but that second comment on the first screenshot is unnecessarily rude.
What I'm hoping is this was some kind of (media) event/preview and we will get details in the coming days from reports and vlogs. Which is what normally happens anyway. I don't think they are giving special treatment to influencers.

I can see both sides of it. I never used to have an issue with the vlogger perks until they canceled people's reservations in Galaxy's Edge to have a media preview in December last year. That really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm happy that they've been able to make a dream come true and I know they work hard. I just wish Disney would communicate that hopping is coming back "soon" before letting the vlogging crowd do it. Tell us that it's a test.

I think i read about boats starting up again between resorts? Is that true?

LIke - Boat from WL to Contemporary - a thing now?
No I haven’t seen that anywhere. Only thing I saw is that GF to MK boat launches have resumed. As far as I can tell, the only boats running on property are (and correct me if there are more):
GF to MK
WL to MK
Friendship boats within Epcot back and forth across WS lagoon

I don’t believe the Poly boat is running yet, but that very well could change in a couple of days when the monorail station there shuts down.

For those hoping for Harmonious to debut "soon" disney just posted a story on the HUB about testing that occurred last week
"work will continue in the coming months"
so it will be "soon"

Everytime I see the word "soon" now I hark back to that quote in "The Princess Bride":

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

It wasn't always this way at WDW. There was a time when "soon" actually meant soon. It all started with Space 220 and has gone downhill from there. Inconceivable.

I can see both sides of it. I never used to have an issue with the vlogger perks until they canceled people's reservations in Galaxy's Edge to have a media preview in December last year. That really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm happy that they've been able to make a dream come true and I know they work hard. I just wish Disney would communicate that hopping is coming back "soon" before letting the vlogging crowd do it. Tell us that it's a test.

I can see that, but then the issue should be with Disney, not the actual vlogger as that person's comment was directed at PCD. People can be down right nasty to vloggers for things they have no control over or for no reason at all really and in cases like this is wreaks of jealousy. Be upset at Disney not the vloggers.

Everytime I see the word "soon" now I hark back to that quote in "The Princess Bride":

It wasn't always this way at WDW. There was a time when "soon" actually meant soon. It all started with Space 220 and has gone downhill from there. Inconceivable.

....i see what you did there...

It started long before Space 220. Almost every attraction for the past decade or more has operated on a soon timeline. Vague seasonal opening dates and then the Disney seasons take over (like when they say Winter 2009 for opening and something doesn’t open until March or April 2010). The Disney soon has been with us for a long time, it’s just more exaggerated now with so much still on the waiting list.

I can see that, but then the issue should be with Disney, not the actual vlogger as that person's comment was directed at PCD. People can be down right nasty to vloggers for things they have no control over or for no reason at all really and in cases like this is wreaks of jealousy. Be upset at Disney not the vloggers.

Vloggers have control in how they present things. It doesn’t have to come across as cryptic or a I’m better than you thing. It’s all in how you present it.

Disney has done the deceptive advertising game forever when it comes to the parks.

It just is more jarring IMO when it goes through influencers, because watching a YouTube video or Instagram story doesn’t feel like an ad the same way a 30 second commercial with a small child holding hands with Mickey and skipping to the castle does. It’s kind of fascinating how Disney has harnessed the power of social media to subtly advertise near 24/7.

Also before we get too annoyed with PCH, others, or Disney again, we have no idea what any of that actually was yet and it could amount to a whole lot of nothing. Could just be them showcasing some of the currently available aspects of the parks.

Update on the influencer/park hopping discussion ...

Dixietravels on Instagram did a VIP tour yesterday and updated her stories with it today. I’m guessing perhaps PCD did the same.

ETA: Dixietravels is a travel advisor so she maybe paid for this herself, and is just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!