Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not that the actions are a lot different just the wording in the warnings is firmer and, anecdotally, I have seen more reports of CMs being a bit firmer with guests

So not new policy, just seems more strongly enforced policy
Meh I would say the appearance of a more strictly enforced policy. I didn’t see anything different as far as enforcement last weekend vs in July other than the signage.

In addition to increased signage, increased announcements and website verbiage to not come if you can’t wear a mask, CMs are reported to be much more strict about proper mask wearing then they were even last week. And it’s not like they were really lax prior to this. Something changed, we can only speculate on what.

Maybe Disney is having compliance issues since the mask debate is creeping up once again. Lawsuits are being filed against some schools in Florida because they are requiring kids to wear masks all day. Some kids and parents are complaining. And the police are no longer mask cops. So businesses are on their own.

Meh I would say the appearance of a more strictly enforced policy. I didn’t see anything different as far as enforcement last weekend vs in July other than the signage.

I have only been to AK this week but I didn't see any difference other than signage/announcements. A lady in the gift shop had her mask down, drinking water, as she drove her ECV around the store and none of the CMs said a word. Since she was inside, I was annoyed at that and steered clear.

When we were leaving, the woman in front of us was sipping her Starbucks all the way from the Tree of Life out to the parking lot and not a single person said a word. She even stopped to talk to security and they didn't ask her to pull it up.

In my very limited experience post new signage and announcements, CM are as inconsistent as always. I imagine they are weary...

Maybe Disney is having compliance issues since the mask debate is creeping up once again. Lawsuits are being filed against some schools in Florida because they are requiring kids to wear masks all day. Some kids and parents are complaining. And the police are no longer mask cops. So businesses are on their own.

Yeah, I wonder if they are being bolder/stronger with language now just to further make clear that their position is not changing despite the state moving to phase 3

Yeah, I wonder if they are being bolder/stronger with language now just to further make clear that their position is not changing despite the state moving to phase 3
My opinion is they are moving to the stricter language with an eye toward much stricter enforcement in CA when they open. I don’t expect much to change in wdw, but we’ll see I guess.

I have only been to AK this week but I didn't see any difference other than signage/announcements. A lady in the gift shop had her mask down, drinking water, as she drove her ECV around the store and none of the CMs said a word. Since she was inside, I was annoyed at that and steered clear.

When we were leaving, the woman in front of us was sipping her Starbucks all the way from the Tree of Life out to the parking lot and not a single person said a word. She even stopped to talk to security and they didn't ask her to pull it up.

In my very limited experience post new signage and announcements, CM are as inconsistent as always. I imagine they are weary...

I imagine this will be deleted because of the "M" word, but anyway

I found myself getting aggravated about people wearing their masks below their noses, at chin level, or even removing them on rides (Buzz Lightyear and TOT). Then I had to remember, I am at WDW. I can only control MY actions. And, why does it really even bother me that someone is breaking the rules? I really really tried not to let all that bother me. I am not the mask police. I did not like it when the party behind me in line (group of 6/7) kept getting within inches of me-but again, I had my mask on. I wash my hands and use antibacterial wipes after each ride and before eating-

I did drink my water while in line a couple of times. I would take a quick sip and put my mask back up. I followed the que markers and I did not take my masks off on rides or for pics.

My main issue was at Oga's. We were a party of four adults. We ordered the Charcuterie and chip appetizers and four drinks. The server said we had EXACTLY 45 minutes from the time we placed our order. It was HOT and we wanted to relax and enjoy our drinks and apps, but the time restriction was a annoying. We only got one drink each. We almost finished our food. Server was not rude about it and I can understand that with limited seating they needed a time limit. So, do they give everyone a 45 minute time limit ? what if there are only 1/2 people? what if there are six or more in a group?

I found myself getting aggravated about people wearing their masks below their noses, at chin level, or even removing them on rides (Buzz Lightyear and TOT). Then I had to remember, I am at WDW. I can only control MY actions. And, why does it really even bother me that someone is breaking the rules? I really really tried not to let all that bother me. I am not the mask police. I did not like it when the party behind me in line (group of 6/7) kept getting within inches of me-but again, I had my mask on. I wash my hands and use antibacterial wipes after each ride and before eating-

I did drink my water while in line a couple of times. I would take a quick sip and put my mask back up. I followed the que markers and I did not take my masks off on rides or for pics.

My main issue was at Oga's. We were a party of four adults. We ordered the Charcuterie and chip appetizers and four drinks. The server said we had EXACTLY 45 minutes from the time we placed our order. It was HOT and we wanted to relax and enjoy our drinks and apps, but the time restriction was a annoying. We only got one drink each. We almost finished our food. Server was not rude about it and I can understand that with limited seating they needed a time limit. So, do they give everyone a 45 minute time limit ? what if there are only 1/2 people? what if there are six or more in a group?

I think what makes the masks such a hot topic item is that the wearing of them isn't to benefit the wearer - it is to benefit everyone else. If it was only putting the wearer at risk whether they wear it or not then I don't think it would be as big of a deal

As for Oga's - I can definitely see your point ... maybe it should be 45 mins from when you get your order? At least they weren't rude or anything - if they were when you weren't trying to really push things then that would be a bit annoying

The 45 minute time limit has been in place since it opened. There are way too many people that want to experience it and it’s such a small bar. So they need the time limit to keep the tables turning.

I think what makes the masks such a hot topic item is that the wearing of them isn't to benefit the wearer - it is to benefit everyone else. If it was only putting the wearer at risk whether they wear it or not then I don't think it would be as big of a deal

As for Oga's - I can definitely see your point ... maybe it should be 45 mins from when you get your order? At least they weren't rude or anything - if they were when you weren't trying to really push things then that would be a bit annoying
Right but it’s very unlikely you will get it if your over 6ft away from someone not wearing it right. Think that’s the pp’s point. And I encounter far fewer ppl wearing them incorrectly in wdw than I do on a daily basis when I’m at work or out. So I definitely don’t let it stress me out in wdw.

Right but it’s very unlikely you will get it if your over 6ft away from someone not wearing it right. Think that’s the pp’s point. And I encounter far fewer ppl wearing them incorrectly in wdw than I do on a daily basis when I’m at work or out. So I definitely don’t let it stress me out in wdw.

I get trying to not let it stress me out but when that poster says "And, why does it really even bother me that someone is breaking the rules? ", Well, yeah, it does "bother" me b/c they are putting my health at risk. And the 6feet can't always be guaranteed (particularly in switch back queues), that is why the masks are required

If they were only negatively impacting themselves then it wouldn't "bother" me, but that is not the case

Now there are much worse situations and why everyone needs to decide if they want to take the risk of going, but that risk is a lot lower if everyone does follow the rules

I was at AK today and saw similar issues. There was a family of five with no masks taking pictures ( not photopass), watched as 2 security guards walked by without out saying anything. People walking around drinking and eating , people pulling down their masks so noses are out. This is not to mention that people are definitely not keeping social distance.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/10/17/news-the-standby-pass-at-disneyland-paris-is-on-standby/What a surprise. Not good news for a virtual queue service making its way to WDW this year.

Not totally unexpected given news we've heard here, but very disappointing none the less. The geek in me would love to know the issues. At this point the likelihood of rolling something robust along these lines at WDW in Q1 2021 is starting to look in jeopardy and I'm sure Disney is looking at having this up and running to alleviate the lines associated with any increases in park capacity they may be planning for.

My opinion is they are moving to the stricter language with an eye toward much stricter enforcement in CA when they open. I don’t expect much to change in wdw, but we’ll see I guess.

How could it be stricter, though? They are already required everywhere at all times, unless eating/drinking while stationary. That’s about as strict as you can get, unless they decide to not allow any dining? Not trying to be snarky, just can’t imagine what could be considered stricter mask requirements than what’s in place at WDW.

How could it be stricter, though? They are already required everywhere at all times, unless eating/drinking while stationary. That’s about as strict as you can get, unless they decide to not allow any dining? Not trying to be snarky, just can’t imagine what could be considered stricter mask requirements than what’s in place at WDW.

You're confusing "stricter guidelines" with "stricter wording" and "stricter enforcement".

I was at AK today and saw similar issues. There was a family of five with no masks taking pictures ( not photopass), watched as 2 security guards walked by without out saying anything. People walking around drinking and eating , people pulling down their masks so noses are out. This is not to mention that people are definitely not keeping social distance.

Probably sick of doing it. Probably see it and roll their eyes and think to themselves, "Oh jeez, not again... I don't get paid enough to be a mask cop. Maybe I'll just pretend I didn't see it....."

Probably sick of doing it. Probably see it and roll their eyes and think to themselves, "Oh jeez, not again... I don't get paid enough to be a mask cop. Maybe I'll just pretend I didn't see it....."
That’s what I think too. Most ppl don’t like confrontation so it’s uncomfortable to have to call ppl out. I see ppl at my work all the time wearing it wrong & I don’t say anything. I just avoid them.

Bingo. I have yet to see one grocery store gas station etc in Orlando tell someone to put a mask on. It's all because they don't wanna deal with it as min wage workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!