Cruise canceled, points question?

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hi,
Anyone know what happens to points when a cruise booked on points, is canceled? 300 of the pts were banked from 2019 use year, 1000 points were from 2020 use year. April is when our use year starts.
I've been trying to contact MS, but no luck getting through to them.

Thanks

Cruise points are being returned as reservation points and will expire at the end of the UY in which the cruise was booked,

They can not be Used for DVC resorts as their has been no change to the policies regarding these points

I was finally able to contact DVC. They stated that the points used for a cruise canceled by Disney due to COVID19 will NOT be returned and the points have been converted to cash by Disney Cruise line. The cash credit amount will be held until September 2021 for a future cruise booking.

I'd soooo much rather have the points back.

That's the problem with booking the Disney Collection with points. You can't cancel and use them for DVC resorts.

I was finally able to contact DVC. They stated that the points used for a cruise canceled by Disney due to COVID19 will NOT be returned and the points have been converted to cash by Disney Cruise line. The cash credit amount will be held until September 2021 for a future cruise booking.

I'd be curious as to the exchange rate

Converted to cash is different that usual, right? I hope you can have a great cruise!

I wonder what they will do when the member cruise cancels. That is a charter so they may treat it differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts