Cruising Alone

JS41654

Earning My Ears
Hi
I am new to traveling by myself. Would love to hear some comments from any of you who have done a Disney Cruise on your own. I am thinking of doing the 7 Day West Carib. I have been on the 4 day cruise with my daughter.
Thanks

Welcome to the DIS! I'm so glad you found us, we have a lot of fun planning Disney trips here.

I'm on the Magic right now, enjoying the 7 day Western. It has been the most awesome cruise, my very first one ever.

I'm not solo, I'm cruising with a friend from the DIS, because my dh is severely Disney impaired and won't cruise with me :(

I've seen several solo travelers this trip. I'm sure you would have a great time. I would cruise solo, but I don't want to spend that much so I'm sharing a stateroom with a friend.

Good luck with this :)

Katholyn

When I was on my cruise, I met a woman who was cruising with her grown son, which basically meant she was cruising solo ;) Her son was off enjoying his own pursuits and she was left to her own devices. She said she was having a ball. She said there were so many different things to do, she didn't even realize that she was solo and that she was enjoying herself very much.

I think you would enjoy yourself too :)

What sort of comments do you want to hear? I've done both the 7 Day West Carib and the 7 Day East Carib. as a solo traveler. The first cruise I ever took was with my sister, but, she gets so seasick, that latter then not cruise at all, I have started going by myself.

TexasKid, I don't know what kind of info JS4 is looking for but I am curious....how many dinner companions were at your table, did you enjoy the conversation?

Who were your servers, ours were Sompong and Ashley and they were great.

Did you feel as though there were enough activities available to keep you from being bored? (That last one is for my dh who thinks he would be bored on a cruise :rolleyes: )

"How many dinner companions?"
Five and six. Five on the Eastern. A retired minister and his wife, who retired from Minnesota to Florida. And their adult son, adult daughter, and her pre-teen daughter, who all still lived in Minnesota.
Six on the Western. Three generations of women from Ohio. Grandmother, mother, and pre-teen grandaughter/ daughter. And a family of three from Toronto, Canada: father, mother, and pre-teen son.
"Did you enjoy the cconversation?"
I certainly enjoyed my dinner companions on both the Eastern and Western, more then my adult dinner companions when I sailed on the "Big Red Boat." Of course, that might have had something to do with that being my first cruise.
"Who were your servers?"
Don't ask me their names. I can never remember names, but, I never forget where people are from.
On the Eastern: the server was from Croatia, the assistant server was from Plymouth, England, and the head server was from Oporto, Portugal.
On the Western: both the server and the head server were from India and the assistant server was from the Philippines.
"Do you feel there were enough activities?"
This is the question that always gets to me. Even as an adult, there are enough activities going on, that one can't do it all. Of course, this is from someone, who when he cruises, sleeps, reads, and eats. Not necessarily in that order.
I hope this provides some answers to your questions. If you have anymore, then just ask, and Enjoy your next cruise.

Thanks TexasKid. I keep trying to tell dh that there is so much to do there is no way he will be bored but he is resisting. Oh well, may just have to cruise with a friend again, next time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter