CS and TS Dining Reviews for 9/16-23/06-**UPDATED with Day 4-Post #9**

Evil Queen

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Loved my Mrs. Beas
I will add another day to this same thread, as I get time to write them out.

Day 1-9/16/06-Arrival Day

CS Lunch @ Everything Pop Food Court-DS10 and myself
Got there about 12:30 p.m. Not very crowded at all. We both got the meatball subs, fries and soda. We weren't in the mood for a dessert, since we munched on donuts on the drive up. We thought when we first got them, they wouldn't be too filling, but after getting through the sandwiches and fries, we were stuffed. They actually were fairly good, tasty and filling.

TS Dinner @ Spoodle's-DS10 and myself. We arrived about 45 minutes early to Boardwalk so we could see what the wait time would be for ESPN Club. When we checked with ESPN they said they really couldn't state how long of a wait due to the couple of college games going on. We looked at the lake for a bit. We decided we would go ahead and let Spoodle's know, we were there, on the off chance we could get in early.

There was only one group checking in at the podium when we walked in at 6:00 p.m. (ADR was 6:30 p.m.). We checked in, hostess told us it would probably be closer to the actual ADR time, and gave us the "pager". We walked through the candy shop outside. The pager went off. We had a great sever, Alison. We was very upfront with my son, on what she thought he may like, how the food was prepared etc. He's the basic hamburgers, hot dogs, nuggets type kid, but he was so willing to give it a shot.

DS10- Appetizer-the 4 cheese flatbread. He just went nuts over this, he was so impressed he asked for a box, so that he could take some back to his older brother (who was dining in Epcot) to let him taste it.

Entree-the Oak-fired NY strip steak. He ordered it medium well, but it was still a little too pink for him, so he asked Alison to please throw it on the grill for a few more minutes. When he got it back, it was perfect for him. He was so highly impressed with this, he asked Alison to give his compliments to the Chef. :teeth: He allowed me a few bites, and I had to agree, it was great. One of the better steaks I have ever had.

Dessert-Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake He enjoyed it, but was so full he couldn't finish it. So he asked ALison for another box, to take back to the room to eat later.
Myself-Appetizer-Garlic Shrimp-Very good. If I could had ordered these as my entree, I would be extremely pleased.

Entree-Oak fired Salmon-was extrememly tasty, not overly fishey, but after tasting son's steak, I do wish I would had ordered that instead. But there are no complaints from me on the meal itself.

Dessert-Make it yourself Sundae-I'm not a big dessert person, and so I thought I would play it safe and order this. I loved the artist palette it was brought out on. My DS thought that was clever, and helped me create my masterpiece of ice cream.
Over all the places we dined that week, Spoodle's was to me, the best quality of food we had. And our server was awesome. She took her time to talk to my son, brought us to go boxes for our left overs. We never felt rushed or like she was trying to move us out.

Matter of fact, after getting the appetizer's, the dining room was about 1/4 empty, and remained that way for the entire meal. We will highly consider returning there.
Stayed tuned for Day 2 Dining-coming soon. :cool1:

What a great review! Spoodles is one of my favorite places. Thank you for taking the time to do this review.

Thanks for the reviews - will be looking out for your new ones.

Day 2-9/17/06-Sunday

This morning we headed down to Everything Pop food court around 7:30 a.m. DS10 thought it looked too crowded to eat here. I told him I'd be happy to let him sit and I would go get his Snack option breakfast, but he decided he would just grab something at AK.

About an hour after getting to AK, DS10 decided he needed something on his stomach. So he used one of his snack credits on a pretzel, and ate it while we headed to Everest. He offered a bite to all of us, and I must say you almost can't go wrong with a hot pretzel, regardless of the time of day. :goodvibes

CS Lunch @ Pizzafari-DS10 and myself
Got there about 1:30 p.m. Most lines only had 1-2 parties in them. So getting our order placed and getting our food was extremely quick. We found only 1 table that sat 6, so we sat there. A short time later, a family of 3 asked if they could join us, and we were happy to share our too big of a table with them. Their daughter was adorable. Hard to understand at her age and accent, but we got the meaning of most of her conversation. DS got the cheese pizza, soda and frozen lemonade. I got the pepparoni pizza, soda and frozen lemonade. It was a decent "fast" meal, and really couldn't had asked for any better. We enjoyed our meal, and the frozen lemonade really hit the spot on this hot day. I think the only damper was, the family who joined us, left their mess on the table. I commented on this, but either they didn't hear me or ignored me. But that was not enough to even faze our good time.

TS Dinner @ Olivia's-DS10 and myself. We arrived about 15 minutes early to Old Keywest Resort. We were seated right away. We noticed that this place was only about 1/4 full through our entire meal.

Again DS decided he would order off the adult menu. He wanted to try some new things.

DS10- Appetizer-Crab Cakes. He ate one. Even though he didn't dislike them, he didn't like them as much as he thought he would. He did box them up to take to his brother (who was dining Raglan Road on this night).

Entree-Pork Chop glazed with Myer's Dark Rum. He ordered it medium well, and it came out perfect. He did eat most of this. He really enjoyed the taste of this, and that the meat was excellent. Also, boxed up the rest of this, to eat later in the room.

Dessert-Chocolate Cake He enjoyed it, but was so full he couldn't finish it. So he asked for another box, to take back to the room to eat later.
Myself-Appetizer-Onion Rings-I ordered this as a safe guard, because I felt DS would not like the crab cakes he ordered. We ended up sharing these. They were ok.

Entree-Caribbean BBQ Grouper -was excellent, had a bit better taste then the Salmon I had the night before at Spoodles. I think the sauce is what gave this one the edge.

Dessert-Cheesecake w/ seasonl berries- This was very good and I did end up eating it all, even though I felt stuffed to the gills. The berries were the perfect finishing touch to this.
Over all the places we went during our week, I felt the server was most attentive, but not over baring. Brought us to go boxes for our left overs. Again, we never felt rushed or like we needed to leave.

I have no negatives about Olivia's, but being we live in Florida with so many great places to get fish, we would probably pass on this in the future. But mainly only to try something new.
Stayed tuned for Day 3 Dining-coming soon.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

**A note on Day 2-I got the time wrong on what time we headed to Everything Pop food court, it was 8:30 a.m. not 7:30 a.m.** Anyway....

Day 3-9/18/06-Monday

This morning I headed down to Everything Pop food court around 7:00 a.m. I left DS10 asleep in the room, this moring. I got my coffee, him a box of donuts and chocolate milk. Lines weren't too bad, and I was back in the room, before the 8:00 a.m. wake up call.

DS had his donuts and chocolate milk.....nothing earth shattering here.

CS Lunch @ Lottawatta Lodge-DS10 and myself
Got there about 11:30 am We decided to hit it before the lunch rush. We were the 1st ones in one of the three lines opened. DS and I both had the double cheeseburger w/fries, soda and frozen slushie. Since I didn't have breakfast, I had no problem finishing mine. DS was able to eat most of his, left a few fries and about half his slushie. It was good. The burgers seemed like they came straight off the grill. The fries were a bit on the cooler side, but still ok. The slushie hit the spot, especially after being in the parks since 9 a.m. we were already hot.

TS Dinner @ Concourse Steakhouse.Our reservations were for 6:40 p.m., we arrived about 6:30 p.m. It was 7:00 p.m. until we were seated, but that was fine. DS10 did some browsing at the gift shops, until the pager went off. We were seated where we could get a great view of the monorail everytime it came through. So this was fun. The only thing that really put a damper on the entire dinner, was at the table next to us, they took pictures almost every 30 seconds of the child in their party eating. The flashes (2 cameras going at some times at this table) were annoying and I started seeing spots. I'm all for taking pictures and using flash, but not during our entire meal. I tried dropping a few hints, which they never caught. I finally had to say to them, the child hasn't changed that much since the last picture 30 sconds ago. They did stop then.

For the 1st time DS10 was given a child's menu (this cracked me up, since he's 10, but looks like he's 13). I explained he was on the adult plan, to also bring him an adult menu. They were also going to allow him to order off both menus if he'd like. As long as it still only amounted to 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert. He really liked this.

DS10- Appetizer-Onion Rings and Dip. He ate these, well most of them. He left a few onions and had only eaten the crispy outside. I tried one, and they were just like the ones I had gotten at Olivia's before.

Entree-Cheese Pizza. He couldn't find anything on the adult menu he was in the mood for. Of course, they couldn't adult size this but had no problem with letting him order it. He said it was better than Pizzafari's. I'll take his word for it, since I didn't sample this.

Dessert-Triple Chocolate Cake. This looked awesome. He was able to get through most of it, and boxed up the remaining 1/4 to finish in the room later. He said it was great!
Myself-Appetizer-Lobster Bisque-this was fabulous! I think some of the best I had anywhere. I'm glad this was so good, because my entree didn't come close to what I was expecting here.

Entree-NY Strip-Since DS had ordered off the kid's menu, I figured I was safe ordering this (the last couple of nights-I ordered food I thought he would eat, if he didn't like the entree choices he had made). I was craving a good steak, and I left here craving a "good" steak. It wasn't bad, just I could had done just as well at home. I think I had set myself up for something more. The potatoes and seasonal veggies were good though.

Dessert-Seasonal cheesecake-Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not really a dessert person, but can handle cheesecake. So I got this. This was awesome. Much more so than the cheesecake I got at Olivia's as well.
I know this is a busy place, but getting our server's attention was hard. By the end of the meal, I finally caught a manager to get a to go box for DS and to get the check's rolling. I'm not sure our server was still on duty at the end of our meal.

I'm on the fence with Concourse Steakhouse. I loved the atmosphere, and didn't find the Chef Mickey's celebrating was a distraction. Matter of fact, we had reservations there later in the week and it just made us more excited. The food just wasn't what I was expecting.

I would probably dine here again, and just try a different cut of meat. We like visiting the Contemporary, so it could be worth us going again.
Stayed tuned for Day 4 Dining-coming soon.

Thanks for the reviews, looking forward to reading the rest. :thumbsup2

Day 4-9/19/06-Tuesday

This day was our one and only BREAFAST TS.

TS Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare Character Meal- DS24, DS23, DS10 and myself
I planned this as the "Birthday" Breakfast for the 2 older boys. Even though this wasn't their exact birthday's, it was their birthday celebration breakfast. My oldest loved Mary Poppins when he was a little guy, and is still one of his favorite character's to date. When I made ADR's, I mentioned this to the CM and she said she was making a note of it. Our reservation time was for 9:00 a.m., and we basically just made it a few minutes before that time. Check in at the podium, and she wrote down that it was the 2 older boys birthday's along with their names on a separate pc. of paper, no reminder needed from me.

They were ready to seat us right away, but we took a few minutes to meet Mary Poppins in the foyer/entrance way. My oldest turned red when he saw her...........I loved it. I got her autograph, and took a pic with all the boys with her. She was so polite and asked the boys questions. Where we were headed that day? Were they having a good time? etc......

They seated us and gave the 2 birthday boys, special platemats.

We really enjoyed the buffet. Most of the food was excellent. And the variety was nice. We mainly filled up with eggs, bacon, and fruit. But some of the other things we got: grits, Mickey waffles, biscuits w/ gravy, etc.

Pooh, Tigger and the Mad Hatter all came to our table. Pooh and Tigger hugged all of us. The Mad Hatter shook hands. When I mentioned, before taking pic, that my flash was only working when it felt like it, he offered to "fix" it for me. He could put it in sugar and stomp on it, that fixes most everything. He was a hoot. They brought out 2 cupcakes and 2 crowns for the birthday boys. The guys were so great about all this, even though red :blush: , they wore the crowns, while many in the room sang Happy Birthday to them.

It was so much fun!

We will seriously consider here again for another character meal. And has peaked our interest at trying other character meals as well.

We were off to MK.

CS Lunch @ Cosmic Ray's. *Just DS10 and myself*
We stopped here after 3:00 p.m. We were waiting out a lightening storm in the area, and decided to go ahead and eat. We decided we would just snack light that night for dinner. We tried this place the 1st time our last trip, and DS really enjoyed it, so going here was a welcome thing for him.

We both got Cosmic Creations - 1/4 pound Cheeseburger w/ fries. Chocolate cake and a soda. Fresh and hot!! Was great since we got a bit chilled after being rained on and then coming inside to the AC. I love the fixins' bar. The mushrooms and onions. The "show" was cute as usual.

Due to the rain-it was crowded. Can't say I blame people getting out of the rain. The thing that bothered me, seating was hard to find. But we found a table after a few of minutes.

Also, due to the crowds the order lines were long. I'm ok with longer lines, but due to I wanted chicken originally, instead of a burger, the way it's set up is a pain. I would had to had stood in 2 separate lines to be able to order both a burger and a chicken plate. I wasn't ready to go that far. I wish you could order from any of the menus on either side, but you can't. But it all remains good.

This is still a favorite of ours, so we will seriously consider going here again, but am also interested in other CS meals within MK. I'll get to try them one day.

For dinner, we use our Snack Credits and got some fruit cups from Everything Pop. For dessert, we ate our left over donuts from breakfast the day before. They stayed fairly fresh, and hit the spot.
Stayed tuned for Day 5 Dining-coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter