Cultural exchange program - insurance refund

AprilFool

Mouseketeer
My daughter was accepted into the Cultural Exchange program from Canada for this summer. Obviously that was cancelled. šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢ Has anyone who was supposed to be in this program from Canada been able to get a refund on the medical insurance they were forced to buy but didnā€™t get to use?

This might be a dumb question, apologies if you've already tried this -- but has your daughter submitted a ticket through the Programs help portal?

She did and was told to contact the insurance company directly. No response from them.

My DD in Canada has a request for refund with the insurance company since April. She keeps following up with them. They told her to wait until the end of August. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø I know from the Facebook group they have ā€” no one has received a refund yet.

Received this response today:

First and foremost, we apologize for the continued delays. The process of refunding the Disney participants is not a simple one as there are multiple parties involved. Each one of these parties have been grossly overwhelmed with cancellation and refund requests as a result of the pandemic. We assure you that the delay is not intentional and that the refund is forthcoming. Global Secutive has kept detailed records of the refund requests and your request has been well received and documented.

In closing, we ask that you please consider the extenuating circumstances surrounding the global pandemic as we ask for your continued understanding and patience. We will issue your refund as soon as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!