Currency Exchange at WDW

godders

DIS Veteran
I'm leaving on Thursday for WDW (woop woop!) :yay:

However, I don't get paid until Friday so I'm going to have to get some dollars while I'm there (I have some already, but not enough).

According to Disney's website, Guest Relations does currency exchange. Can anyone confirm that they do this/have experience with it?

My other alternative is to just put money on a gift card. Is this the easier option?

Thanks guys!

I have a pre-pay card already but it doesn't really work due to having 3 registered to the house already. Hoping to be able to put money on it at the airport before I leave but half my money won't come through till I'm already in Florida.

I used a monzo card. It was great. No charges for using or withdrawing money out there.

You get the MasterCard rate at the time too!

I agree with you about Monzo, great rates and easy to use. However I believe they are not taking new applications at the moment as they are setting up their new bank account service.
To the op can you pre- order your currency , avoid airport exchange at all costs. Do you have a debit card - you could charge to your resort and pay intermittently or at the end of your stay with that.

I agree with you about Monzo, great rates and easy to use. However I believe they are not taking new applications at the moment as they are setting up their new bank account service.
To the op can you pre- order your currency , avoid airport exchange at all costs. Do you have a debit card - you could charge to your resort and pay intermittently or at the end of your stay with that.

Hey thanks for your reply.

I don't have time to pre-order as I'm leaving on Thursday. I'm hoping to be able to put money on my cashpassport card at the airport (as I can't do it over the phone or online).
That's why I was thinking of just putting a lump sum on a gift card then it's just one fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts