"Current" Menu at Yachtsman?

MonkeyDishwasher

<font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic
Doing a quick visit to my normal dining planning site, their most recent menu for the Yachtsman Steakhouse is from May '15. Has the menu been updated since then? We're going to be dining there Sunday after the Wine and Dine Half and I really want to give myself some extra finish line motivation! (for the next day)

If it's been updated, does anybody have a copy of the menu?

Please and thanks in advance!

We were just there last week. I did notice there was an addition, I cant remember either buffalo or venison, but maybe that is just a seasonal thing??

Was there a particular dish you were interested in? I dont know if the desserts were exactly the same either. I think the seasonal sorbet was pear, apple and cranberry.

We were just there last week. I did notice there was an addition, I cant remember either buffalo or venison, but maybe that is just a seasonal thing??

Was there a particular dish you were interested in? I dont know if the desserts were exactly the same either. I think the seasonal sorbet was pear, apple and cranberry.

Nothing in particular, I just would have liked to see the updated version- we're traveling with my mom and subjecting her to Biergarten and Ohana so I just wanted to be 100% sure she'd like something there LOL

We were there 2 weeks ago as well and the menu has been updated. I believe it was venison that they added. What I noticed is that the sides had changed. For example there were no twice baked potatoes available. But in general the menu is basically the same. I do have a copy at home, as they gave us customized menus for our Anniversary. I will try to review it soon

Brussels Sprouts was not an available side a few weeks ago. There was a squash dish instead.

The menu is not the same as the one I had in June. Only minor differences but different.

Appetizers
Artisanal Cheeses
Assorted Bread and Seasonal Accoutrements
$15.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay-Poached, Lemon, House-Made Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Caesar Salad
Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano, Coppa Secca, and Focaccia Croutons
$12.00

Lobster Bisque
Maine Lobster, Crème Fraîche, Preserved Lemon, Fine Herbes
$12.00

Chef's Garden Heirloom Tomatoes
House Mozzarella, Pineapple Variations, Sherry Vinaigrette
$16.00

Four-Cheese Ravioli
Marinated Artichokes, Beef Bolognese, Pistachio Pesto
$16.00

Pork Belly and Clams
Serrano Pepper, Lotus Root, Ginger, Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
$19.00

French Onion Soup
Sourdough Crouton, Gruyére Cheese, Rich Onion Broth
$12.00

The Land Garden Greens
Blue Cheese Spread, Apple Butter Vinaigrette, Honey Nut Crunch
$14.00

Charcuterie Board
Ibérico de Bellota, Chorizo, Pork Liverwurst Toast, Rabbit
$18.00

Charcuterie Selection
Beef Tongue Pastrami
A smoked beef tongue seasoned with various herbs and spices. It is slow roasted and dusted with pastrami spice

Ibérico de Bellota
The Ibérico Pig, commonly known as “pata negra” (or “black hoof”), is the direct descendant of the wild boars who roamed long ago across the Mediterranean. They are bred on the Iberian Peninsula, in the Dehesa, a forest full of oak trees, herbs and leguminous plants, the perfect habitat for the Ibérico pig. This acorn-fed free- range ham is purely fed on acorns from September to February; they are then aged for 4 years during the curing process

Chicken Rillettes
A confit of smoked chicken leg, preserved in duck fat. Rich and creamy in texture with a true smoke essence

Pork Liverwurst Toast
House-made German-style Pork Liverwurst. We make the pâté with pork livers, smoked bacon, and fatback. It is accented by notes of coriander, cardamom, and ginger. Served over rye bread and garnished with arugula, pickled onions, and parmesan

Spanish-style Chorizo
This smoked chorizo, made rustic with larger cuts of Kurobuta pork shoulder, is reminiscent of the types of charcuterie found in the countryside of Spain. This sausage is heavily spiced with pimenton, garlic, and cumin. It is paried with grain mustard

Cheeses
Vermont Creamery Bonne Boche
Reminiscent of the Loire Valley cheeses of France, Bonne Bouche means “good mouthful”. As a young cheese, the rind has a pleasant yeast flavor and creamy interior with notes of citrus that becomes more piquant as it ages. It is complemented by our huckleberry compote

Jasper Hill Landaff
Made from raw Holstein cow’s milk, this rustic natural rind and a semi-firm paste shows subtle aromas of cave and grass. Its balanced complexity harmonizes a bright buttermilk tang and savory brown butter notes. It is paired with CandyCot

Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk
This Artisanal cheese captures the essence of West Marin. A triple-cream, washed-rind, fully flavored cheese made from organic cow’s milk from the Straus Family Dairy. Aged four weeks and washed with a brine solution that tints the rind a sunset red-orange. We serve this cheese with The Chefs Garden Mr. Frye’s Rhubarb

Jasper Hill Bayley Hazen Blue
This Blue Cheese is a Jasper Hill Farm original, and is made from our high-quality whole raw milk. The paste is dense and creamy, with well-distributed blue veins. The usual peppery character of blue cheese is subdued, giving way to the grassy, nutty flavors in the milk. This cheese is accentuated with cranberry-almond panforte

Entrèes
32-oz Porterhouse for Two
Trio of Steakhouse Sides, Potato Gratin, Garlic Butter (21 Day Dry-aged)
$119.00

8-oz Black Angus Filet Mignon
Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce
$49.00

18-oz Kansas City Strip Steak
Malt Vinegar Fries, Black Garlic Aïoli, Chimichurri (21 Day Dry-Aged)
$59.00

14-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Sweet Potato Casserole, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$45.00

16-oz Prime Rib-Eye Steak
Brioche, Bone Marrow, Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter
$54.00

12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak
White Cheddar Twice-baked Potato, Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
$49.00

Columbia River Salmon
Carolina Rice, Field Peas, Charred Tomatoes, Ham Broth
$45.00

Wild Alaskan Halibut
Sweet Plantains, Green Chorizo, Tomatillo, Corn Pudding
$45.00

Lasagnette of Summer Vegetables
Sweet Peppers, Heirloom Squash, Tomato, Pesto, Sunchoke
$31.00

Bison Strip Loin
Roasted Baby Beets, Macaroni & Cheese Bites, Salsify, BBQ Sauce
$46.00

All-Natural Chicken Breast
Chanterelles, Pearl Onions, Cherries, Steak Fries, Chicken Jus
$34.00

Sides
Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer
$12.00

Creamed Spinach
Parmigiano-Reggiano and Gruyère
$9.00

Brentwood Cornbread
Jumbo Lump Blue Crab, Corn, Ramp Butter
$12.00

Chef's Garden Summer Squash
Red Pepper Sofrito, Mojo-roasted Pork, Finger Limes
$11.00

Caramelized Onions
7 Onions, Madeira 10 yr Malmsey, Butter
$9.00

Sautéed Mushrooms
Garlic Butter and Sherry Wine Sauce
$9.00

Desserts
Pistachio-Peach
Pistachio, Apricot, Chocolate, Sorbet
$11.00

Chocolate-Peanut Cake
Pretzels, Salted Caramel Gelato, Liquid Ganache
$12.00

Lemon-Blueberry (No Sugar Added)
Cheesecake, Lemon Curd, Crumble
$10.00

The Yachtsman Sundae
Trio of Gelato and Amarena Cherries
$10.00

Seasonal Sorbet Trio
Coconut Tuile and Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvée
$10.00

Crème Brûlée
Vanilla Custard and Mixed Berries
$10.00

Thanks for the menu. I couldnt remember if it was buffalo/bison or venison.

The creamed spinach was good as always.

Just wanted to also say I miss the real twice baked potatoes. I had the new one. It was served in a gratin and the potatoes are thinly sliced. I think the cheese was way too overpowering in the dish. I asked my dh to take a taste and he didnt care for it either. He is like Mikey from the old Life cereal commercial. He usually eats anything, but he didnt care for this either.

The creme brule was good and so was the sorbet. Steaks were excellent too.

Oh and the dress code??? Honestly, I think its out the window at that place. Dh and I are more like business casual. Me - black slacks, him, button down shirt and dockers. Only there though. This time a lady had on jeans shorts by us and last time some ladies shorts were so short they looked like Daisy Dukes.

I guess they dont care as long as they get your money.

This was also the first time I saw it absolutely overflowing with waiting for a table. The little side room was full and people were out the door, on the ramp etc.

As long as they don't take the truffles and chees Mac......

they probably know I would be down there in an instant to wake up some dunderhead who made that decision....

The bison at Yachtsman is good, but the sides served with it were better than the meat itself, IMO. Beets and mac & cheese bites were both delicious. The bison was underwhelming when compared with California Grill's, which is consistently mind-blowingly delicious, but it was still worth ordering. I had it last week.

The bison at Yachtsman is good, but the sides served with it were better than the meat itself, IMO. Beets and mac & cheese bites were both delicious. The bison was underwhelming when compared with California Grill's, which is consistently mind-blowingly delicious, but it was still worth ordering. I had it last week.

That sounds right up his alley! Perhaps we'll have to consider California Grill sometime, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter