Cutbacks and cancellations after Feb 2002 ??????

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
There has been so many threads started now about all the cutbacks and etc.......
IMHO .... with the state of the economy et all......and after the Sept 11th tragedy.....I really am not surprised that so many people have cancelled trips to WDW therefore forcing the domino effect and causing all the cutbacks etc........
I am curious to know what will happen after the "typical" value or "slow" season ends in Feb!!??
Other than the delay of Pop Century Resort, I have not heard of any of these cutbacks continuing after the first of January.
IMHO....it seems that Disney felt forced into making these business decisions, ie..cutbacks, etc.
and it is all a domino effect!!! Hopefully things will start to come back up.
I do know that when we were there the weekend of Oct 12-15....they decided to add another showing of the Spectro Magic Parade because it was so crowded at MK on Sat....and they stayed open later. This was announced late in the morning that day.

It seems they are trying to make adjustments on a week to week and day to day basis!!!
We are planning our WDW trip for June 02 and hope that all will return to normal by then......with EE and E-nights again.

Does anyone have information about what will happen after Feb????

All changes are "until further notice" or "indefinite" type deals. Some will probably be reversed at some point, others won't.

I think its difficult to believe that people are thinking of cancelling their holidays to WDW.
DISNEY is a wonderful old friend that needs our help to get better again.
Staying away will only result in more cutbacks. Its as simple as that.
People who stay away do not deserve the good times thats DISNEY will offer again one day.
DISNEY has given us endless MAGIC, WONDER, TEARS AND HAPPINESS over decades and decades and generations and generations.
They need US right now so its time to pay some back.
These bad cuts won,t last forever but they will last longer if people decide to stay away.
I,ve booked for early next year and NOTHINGS gonna keep me away.
If i had the money i,d go tomorrow!!
Also. if first time readers catch these emails they,d be put off going in the first place!!!!!

Welcome to our boards Simon Bond, and thanks for a positive outlook. It's easy once you've followed Disney's business decisions for a while to forget (occasionally) how wonderful Walt Disney World & Disneyland are. Have a wonderful holiday when you go.

Sarangel

Good positive post, Simon. It's nice to hear the 'alternative' view put in such a forthright manner. You're probably quite right, too. The sooner numbers go back up, the sooner things will get back to something approximating normal. Good to see you hear too :D

I feel if Disney continues this downward trend toward entertainment, not to mention the lack of information in a timely fashion, people will feel they can't trust what they will get for their money. I know, I know, the magic of Disney. I believe the magic of Disney is not as an amusement park, you can get that at home, but rather a feeling of trust in the Disney company that you will get what you pay for. We live and breathe Disney, yet I feel betrayed by their lack of communication with their customers. We arrive at WDW in 5 days, and if I didn't use this site, I would be clueless to the changes, including 2 character meals that have been cancelled. There are going to be a lot less pixe dust for guests caught unaware. I feel even more sorry for these poor guests than anyone else.

yooperfan,

I worked in a company with far less divisions and people then Disney in a much more critiical field. It doesn't surprize me if the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. I think the most difficult thing is the amount of rumors going on now and the number of contacts it generates. When things happen rapidly the front line is the last to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter