D23

Princessclab

DIS Veteran
Hi all!
I have looked but did not find a D23 information thread. Did I miss it? Could be.

I am a Gold D23 member and just watched the Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks - D23 Virtual Launch Party.
It was fantastic. Anyone buying the book, it looks great!
I have looked for other D23 offering discussions before and did not see them.
What did you think? It was a nice Disney fix for me. :flower1:
It would be nice to have a D23 member thread.

I’d love to discuss it... before it was too late to sign up... Next time start the discussion to keep us more up to date would be a big help...
I guess we definitely need a dedicated discussion group for D23.
So how awesome was it?
I wonder why something that is virtual has to be limited for a book selling Gimmick? Are you going to buy the book? If yes Why if No why?
The description does sound impressive so I might have to buy it.
Did they offer a discount to purchase after viewing the Preview?

Hi all!
I have looked but did not find a D23 information thread. Did I miss it? Could be.

I am a Gold D23 member and just watched the Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks - D23 Virtual Launch Party.
It was fantastic. Anyone buying the book, it looks great!
I have looked for other D23 offering discussions before and did not see them.
What did you think? It was a nice Disney fix for me. :flower1:
It would be nice to have a D23 member thread.

Will the footage be shown to non D23 members in the coming weeks? What book are they publishing?

I’d love to discuss it... before it was too late to sign up... Next time start the discussion to keep us more up to date would be a big help...
I guess we definitely need a dedicated discussion group for D23.
So how awesome was it?
I wonder why something that is virtual has to be limited for a book selling Gimmick? Are you going to buy the book? If yes Why if No why?
The description does sound impressive so I might have to buy it.
Did they offer a discount to purchase after viewing the Preview?

I just became a D23 Gold member last July so I am relatively new to the club.

I was sent the invite email because I am a Gold member, I believe. Once I signed up the link was good for a one time viewing.
I am not sure what other levels of D23 were sent in regards to this invitation or viewing opportunities, nothing was mentioned.
IMHO it would be good to open it up for everyone's viewing pleasure. Lol.

They had done a couple of other virtual offerings, for example there was one earlier this year on Imagineering and one on the Disney archives. I enjoyed them.

The 3 authors of the book, Holiday Magic at the Disney Parks, spoke mostly about the Fall holidays at Disney, pictures of the decorations etc., also the history of how the Holiday decorating at Disney evolved from the days of Walt to now.
They made reference that there may be another one offered closer to the Christmas Holiday, no concrete information though.

I am still deciding on whether I will buy the book; when I looked it was $60.00; no discount offered for viewing the launch video.

Because I am new to D23, I am interested in hearing about the D23 conventions they have and how did people like them, logistics etc. I believe the next one will be in 2022.

I'm interested in joining D23 as well. I'm from the Netherlands. Is it worth it to become a member here in Europe? I read it cost extra for someone living outside the US. I always like the video's they post on there YouTube channel. Will they organise events in Europe as well? And sorry about the loss of Marge Champion. Its good to learn who was behind the movements of the dancing hippos in Fantasia, the blue fairy and Snow White. She lived a full life till 101. Thats great! 👍

I'm interested in joining D23 as well. I'm from the Netherlands. Is it worth it to become a member here in Europe? I read it cost extra for someone living outside the US. I always like the video's they post on there YouTube channel. Will they organise events in Europe as well? And sorry about the loss of Marge Champion. Its good to learn who was behind the movements of the dancing hippos in Fantasia, the blue fairy and Snow White. She lived a full life till 101. Thats great! 👍

So far I like what D23 offers as it gives a bit more insight and information on what is happening at Disney along with some specialized entertainment.
It gives me a good Disney fix at this time of staying home.

I live in the USA so I am not sure I can answer your questions about being a member in EU. I am not even sure if they have a different D23 website for those OUSA.
So far any organized events have been in the USA or virtual but all virtual recently.
If you go on the D23 website you will be able to find lots of information including membership. Maybe someone else on here has more information on being a member from EU.

https://d23.com/
Here in the USA they offer a couple of membership levels; a general level that is free to anyone; the Gold levels do have an annual fee.
Hope this helps! :tink:

It appears that people are not interested in D23 here on this forum.
Mods, feel free to close this as to not have an out of date thread.
Thanks though!😊

Hi All,
Hey, I just watched the D23 Globetrotting with Mickey Mouse and the Walt Disney Archives offered and it was fantastic!!!

I am a fan of the archives of anything Disney. I am a relatively new member of D23 and have really like the arts and history info/videos they have offered here!
It has been a really fun DF23.

Lots of info about Minnie's Morsel's cookbook, Elton Johns Globe Trotting, and the archives of creating more characters and how they had global presence.
Lots of history I did not know but I loved it.
If you have D23 I recommend a watch.

JMHO. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts