Daily Fix - No Hot Water at CBR

i doubt you would be so sanguine about the situation if it were you paying $225/night (the rate i just came up with when trying to book a room at CBR online) for a supposed disney resort where you have to eat in a tent (rain or shine), may or may not have hot water, telephones (watch the disunplugged video from a while back describing current conditions), etc.

If someone is booking on line, and cares to read the link that Disney has explaining all of the construction, then they really can't complain too much. If they don't read it, that is on them. And lets not overstate the lack of hot water. It wasn't off for days on end. Much ado about not much. Honestly, how many guests take showers between 11 pm and 6 am? Probably not many. And yes, it sucks for them, but again, no need to go crazy about it.

If you don't want to be inconvenienced by construction, don't book a resort that is undergoing major construction. It isn't hidden. Disney is telling people and has even posted a number to call if you have questions about it. Granted, you have to be proactive and actually read the link about the construction, and not just click and then whine that no one told you.

Frankly, Pete seems like he likes to complain lately. Close the resort because of no hot water for a few hours at night, when the vast majority of guests will not be using the hot water? Talk about over-kill. It is an inconvenience, no question. But one easily worked around, in most cases.

And no, I don't think it breaks any laws. Just recently I was working and we completely lost our water service. The police didn't come in and shut us down. It was treated as it was, an inconvenience.

Last edited:
If someone is booking on line, and cares to read the link that Disney has explaining all of the construction, then they really can't complain too much. If they don't read it, that is on them. And lets not overstate the lack of hot water. It wasn't off for days on end. Much ado about not much. Honestly, how many guests take showers between 11 pm and 6 am? Probably not many. And yes, it sucks for them, but again, no need to go crazy about it.

If you don't want to be inconvenienced by construction, don't book a resort that is undergoing major construction. It isn't hidden. Disney is telling people and has even posted a number to call if you have questions about it. Granted, you have to be proactive and actually read the link about the construction, and not just click and then whine that no one told you.

Frankly, Pete seems like he likes to complain lately. Close the resort because of no hot water for a few hours at night, when the vast majority of guests will not be using the hot water? Talk about over-kill. It is an inconvenience, no question. But one easily worked around, in most cases.

And no, I don't think it breaks any laws. Just recently I was working and we completely lost our water service. The police didn't come in and shut us down. It was treated as it was, an inconvenience.

nowhere do they say you will be eating in a tent.

nowhere do they say you will be eating in a tent.

Nope. But it does state that all the typical places are closed and that they have mobile places set up. So would it be better if they had nothing instead of a tent?

If someone is happy saving the approximately $50 a night off of a typical moderate resort stay and book a place under construction, why not let them? I've seen many posts by people who couldn't care less that the food options are temporary set ups. Should they not be allowed the choice to save a decent amount of money?

Nope. But it does state that all the typical places are closed and that they have mobile places set up. So would it be better if they had nothing instead of a tent?

If someone is happy saving the approximately $50 a night off of a typical moderate resort stay and book a place under construction, why not let them? I've seen many posts by people who couldn't care less that the food options are temporary set ups. Should they not be allowed the choice to save a decent amount of money?

i'm overseas and i can tell you those who booked with disney.uk were livid as no one had told them anything and they booked at full price...

we tend to book a year in advance as the free dining offers from disney.uk are only offered a full year in advance....

so people booked their favorite resort without being told, and with no discount....

so not very well done disney..

i'm overseas and i can tell you those who booked with disney.uk were livid as no one had told them anything and they booked at full price...

we tend to book a year in advance as the free dining offers from disney.uk are only offered a full year in advance....

so people booked their favorite resort without being told, and with no discount....

Now - despite my previous post - the scenario you are presenting is shady, and sucks - plain and simple. If those people had NO knowledge, and therefore NO choice - that is NOT right. At ALL. Period.

Unfortunately Free Dining would be the discount. They do not offer both Free Dining and a room discount.

Renovations on buildings are one thing but the water issue would bug me. Especially when travelling with a child. I don't know why but kids love to choose the middle of the night to make poo-explosions (when babies) or get sick so it is terribly inconvenient. Im the type of person who can't sleep when they have jet-lag so a late night bath is my kind of thing.

Do people have the right to be upset if they were warned? I guess it all depends on how they booked their trip and how in depth and accurate the warning was. If the water being turned off was something there was warning to.. where was it posted? Was an effort made to get the details to people who had booked their trips long before when the decision on date & time was made? I get the impression that when the renovations started they were downplayed a LOT and then when people started making comment the details got clearer. I also wander what precise words are used on the phone to describe the works.

My personal feeling is that when it comes to Disney the resort should close till works are done. There are too many boundary lines on 'what is acceptable' and when you are dealing with a high volume of individuals there will always be a % who feel mis-led or mis-understood the gravity of the situation. All I know is Disney holidays aren't cheap. Especially for a foreigner like me. They should be damn near as close to perfect as they can be.

Renovations on buildings are one thing but the water issue would bug me. Especially when travelling with a child. I don't know why but kids love to choose the middle of the night to make poo-explosions (when babies) or get sick so it is terribly inconvenient. Im the type of person who can't sleep when they have jet-lag so a late night bath is my kind of thing.

Do people have the right to be upset if they were warned? I guess it all depends on how they booked their trip and how in depth and accurate the warning was. If the water being turned off was something there was warning to.. where was it posted? Was an effort made to get the details to people who had booked their trips long before when the decision on date & time was made? I get the impression that when the renovations started they were downplayed a LOT and then when people started making comment the details got clearer. I also wander what precise words are used on the phone to describe the works.

My personal feeling is that when it comes to Disney the resort should close till works are done. There are too many boundary lines on 'what is acceptable' and when you are dealing with a high volume of individuals there will always be a % who feel mis-led or mis-understood the gravity of the situation. All I know is Disney holidays aren't cheap. Especially for a foreigner like me. They should be damn near as close to perfect as they can be.

Maybe I missed something, but this is the first I've heard of the water being turned off? I was of the impression that this was only no hot water during those overnight stretches. This is starting to feel like a game of telephone where the actual impact keeps getting bigger and more dramatic as time passes.

Maybe I missed something, but this is the first I've heard of the water being turned off? I was of the impression that this was only no hot water during those overnight stretches. This is starting to feel like a game of telephone where the actual impact keeps getting bigger and more dramatic as time passes.

Apologies I was so sure I typed HOT somewhere in there!! Should read "hot water being turned off"

We have almost always gone for the least expensive moderate. We like being in the "Disney bubble", but there isn't enough room at a Value and we're just not willing to pay that much for a deluxe resort, especially when we mostly need a place to lay our head at night and a few afternoon breaks with an occasional swim. We would have had to spend almost $500 more for POR for our upcoming 7 night trip. We decided to take our chances at CBR. We usually don't eat at the resort, except perhaps maybe one breakfast per visit, so the food tent won't be an issue for us. I do wish I would see more trip reports on how it's been for people there recently. I've seen a few videos on-line and while it looks like a lot of construction, people in the videos have been pretty positive about it. They do seem to indicate that the pools are still open during construction. I'm hoping our room will be away from most of the noise and cranes and such.

Even though we are taking our chances, I feel like it's make or break it for Disney for our family for this trip. How well they shelter CBR guests from the hassle of construction and how well they are doing these new security checks are on my mind. Our kids are now young adults and we've really enjoyed going to Disney(since they were in middle school...before that...Disney..ugh, we didn't enjoy it with little kids. lol). We always have fun and I hope we continue to go, but those 2 issues could really leave a bad taste for us.

We have almost always gone for the least expensive moderate. We like being in the "Disney bubble", but there isn't enough room at a Value and we're just not willing to pay that much for a deluxe resort, especially when we mostly need a place to lay our head at night and a few afternoon breaks with an occasional swim. We would have had to spend almost $500 more for POR for our upcoming 7 night trip. We decided to take our chances at CBR. We usually don't eat at the resort, except perhaps maybe one breakfast per visit, so the food tent won't be an issue for us. I do wish I would see more trip reports on how it's been for people there recently. I've seen a few videos on-line and while it looks like a lot of construction, people in the videos have been pretty positive about it. They do seem to indicate that the pools are still open during construction. I'm hoping our room will be away from most of the noise and cranes and such.

Even though we are taking our chances, I feel like it's make or break it for Disney for our family for this trip. How well they shelter CBR guests from the hassle of construction and how well they are doing these new security checks are on my mind. Our kids are now young adults and we've really enjoyed going to Disney(since they were in middle school...before that...Disney..ugh, we didn't enjoy it with little kids. lol). We always have fun and I hope we continue to go, but those 2 issues could really leave a bad taste for us.
@dminnie - I hope you don't have too much impact from the construction issues, and have a magical trip! If you remember. and do a trip report after your return - I'd be very interested in reading about your CBR experience - if you remember to stoop back/link if here, I'd love to read it! :)

Unfortunately Free Dining would be the discount. They do not offer both Free Dining and a room discount.

no, free dining was not the discount, considering that every moderate and deluxe resort was in the UK free dining package offered last year for visits this year.
if every resort is part of the offer, then CBR was no more discounted than any other - though clearly the guest experience is completely different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter