Dapper Day outfit question

Matt, you guys always have the best outfits, hands down! I see our Disboard group at GCH some years back. That was a fun meet-up! Your forest (Grizzly?) outfit was my favorite.

After going to many many Dapper Days and trying different styles and heel types, I no longer try to give my outfit the perfect shoe for it. Comfort is prime and unless you're a fashion plate going for special pictures, the shoes aren't that big a deal anyway. I hobbled into Sanuk one year on my way back from the Expo at DLH, bought some cushy yoga-mat flips and threw my DD shoes in the trash.

... After going to many many Dapper Days and trying different styles and heel types, I no longer try to give my outfit the perfect shoe for it. Comfort is prime and unless you're a fashion plate going for special pictures, the shoes aren't that big a deal anyway...
Seriously! Some of the best and most comfortable DD shoes I have are my keds/Payless version of white keds (love, love, love their BOGO sales -- stock UP on the white ones!) painted to match outfits. You can paint them to look like saddle shoes, too. Use the fabric paint pens from a craft store to make saddle shoes of all different colors. Cute! Comfy!! Inexpensive!!! Save the fancy shoes for the Expo where you can walk in a/c on cushy carpeting. :)

Matt, you guys always have the best outfits, hands down! I see our Disboard group at GCH some years back. That was a fun meet-up! Your forest (Grizzly?) outfit was my favorite.

Thanks Cheri, the Grizzly Peak USFS Park Ranger outfit was my favorite as well. It's my favorite part of DCA, and is my #3 favorite land period after Adventureland and NOS.

DSC_9907%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0025%20(Large).jpg

For those whose feet have a tendency to swell, don't forget the epsom salts for soaking after the parks.

Or if you really want to attack the swelling, plunge your feet in ice water as soon as you return to your home/hotel from the parks.

Make sure it is PLENTY of ice, at least 50% ice and no more than 50% water. It will hurt like heck, but leave your feet in the icy water for up to 20 minutes, or until you feel your feet go completely numb. When you are done with the ice, lie on a bed or the floor and put your feet up against the wall for at least five minutes.

This sounds radical and painful, because it is, but wow does it work! I've had feet that feel like hamburger after 12 hours at the parks but feel like new again the next morning.

Or if you really want to attack the swelling, plunge your feet in ice water as soon as you return to your home/hotel from the parks.

Make sure it is PLENTY of ice, at least 50% ice and no more than 50% water. It will hurt like heck, but leave your feet in the icy water for up to 20 minutes, or until you feel your feet go completely numb. When you are done with the ice, lie on a bed or the floor and put your feet up against the wall for at least five minutes.

This sounds radical and painful, because it is, but wow does it work! I've had feet that feel like hamburger after 12 hours at the parks but feel like new again the next morning.

Plus, if you are staying on site, us the light green mint foot lotion, it makes a difference too.

I was in this same boat when we did our first Dapper Day in April! It was our last day in the parks out of 5, and I knew my feet would already be aching and swollen, but I wasn’t about ready to have not cute shoes ruin my look.

The Crocs Isabella glitter flat in Oyster was the best decision I’ve ever made. They were cute, and insanely comfy on my swollen feet. I’ve been living in them all summer because they go with everything!

92BC2C4B-8733-47D2-9B0B-10F9F6590673.jpeg

4C19F520-999A-4B83-8AB7-782CEDB8B10B.jpeg

I was in this same boat when we did our first Dapper Day in April! It was our last day in the parks out of 5, and I knew my feet would already be aching and swollen, but I wasn’t about ready to have not cute shoes ruin my look.

The Crocs Isabella glitter flat in Oyster was the best decision I’ve ever made. They were cute, and insanely comfy on my swollen feet. I’ve been living in them all summer because they go with everything!

View attachment 352484

View attachment 352485
Adorable!!!

I can't tell you the number of women I see in those yellow Minnie heel slippers by the end of the day, lol! A couple of times I really envied them and considered it myself.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter