Dark Side 10k Arrival Time

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
I did not submit a proof of time, so I anticipate being in one of, if not the last, corral. What time do I need to arrive at the parks? I know the race materials say "be on a bus by 4:00", walkout starts at 4:30 and be in your corral by 5:00. I am running for fun with my 11 year old daughter, so we are not looking to motor past anybody.

When I've done the Expedition Everest 5k challenge, being the 3rd to last corral meant that I started more than an hour after the official start time. Would the same be true for the 10K? Or do they shut off access to the corrals well before the corral ends up starting?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

If you're taking RunDisney transportation be on that bus as early as you can be. You don't want to miss the bus and while it may seem like a short drive from resort to start they start closing roads, and traffic becomes a problem. For the 10K there are usually corrals A-F. It's usually about 5-7 minutes or a bit longer between corrals. To me I'd rather be early than late.

I agree with being on the bus early, even if it means that you have a wait when you get to Epcot. It's just not worth the worry. Plus there is plenty going on before the race with the DJ and character lines.

I did the Princess races this year and I was on the earliest bus both mornings. I had time to get to the event and do one time through each character line and one time through the port-a-potty line before it was time to get in the corrals. It did not feel like I was waiting around all that much.

There is no POT they just take your word for it for the 10k, for Princess I put down a 13 min mile and I was in the 3rd to last corral (Each race is different) We got on the first bus from PORS right at 3:30 and I would recommend that because people were really lining up at the stops after ours. We got to the corral area before they opened and waited 15 mins and then got a spot on the gate at the front. I'm not a big crowds person so it was nice to be ahead of the crowds. We met a nice couple while we were waiting and the 2 hours flew by.

I did not submit a proof of time

No one did for the 10K. POT is for Half or Full marathons. But you likely did submit an estimated time per mile; go look back at your registration. For Princess it stated my estimate in my email confirmation.

As Momma mentioned, each race is different; I put 13 min/mile for Princess 10K and was put in corral C. You just never know.

I do'nt know the course for Dark Side, but for Princess there was no real walkout. I meant to get up at 3, I slept through my alarm for 38 minutes (as did my cousin), I woke in a horrible panic, I managed to get out there a little after 4am, and there was a really decent line for the bus. Got on the bus and got to the corrals an hour before the race. Only at Disney can an hour before the race starts be "late"...

Anyway, you want to be comfy and not worried about the buses, so don't sleep through that alarm, and set the alarm early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter