dark transfer paper

BlakeNJ

DIS Veteran
I am making a t-shirt for the first time. I have been reading the boards and see that the dark transfer paper is the best. I just printed my design and I thought the paper would be clear once ironed on the t-shirt. Did I buy the wrong thing? Thanks--newbie t-shirt designer!

I thought the paper would be clear with the dark transfers last year as well, but I too was mistaken. I have yet to buy the transfers for light colors but I want to try them this year. I read that they are not as clear (as in pictures aren't as detailed) but I hope the surrounding material is clear (as in you can see through it)...

I would love to try and make a shirt this way. Is there a link anywhere with step by step instructions for a complete newbue like me? :) Can you get dark transfer paper at a store like a Walmart or do you have to go to a crafts store or what???

The way i do it so you wont see the unprinted paper is just to cut it out. I have made several using the light paper but have never tried the dark one.
Jeminni- You can get the transfer paper at any craft store. I think wal-mart carries it but i dont remember. The instructions are on the pack but if you get confuzed just pm me.

BlakeNJ said:
I am making a t-shirt for the first time. I have been reading the boards and see that the dark transfer paper is the best. I just printed my design and I thought the paper would be clear once ironed on the t-shirt. Did I buy the wrong thing? Thanks--newbie t-shirt designer!

i love all the kids, i lvoe kids i love kids :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter