DAS at MK Halloween Night

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney in August and are debating buying tickets to the Halloween event at Magic Kingdom. I know that fast pass is not available during that time, so we would have to rely on the DAS for any rides with a longer line (over 30 minutes), do they give come back times during this special event? I would hate to buy tickets and then not really be able to do much if they don’t allows a DAS For special events like this. I know that the overall lines are supposed to be shorter, but some of them are still likely to be too much.

I have seen to the Halloween party for the last 5 or 6 years and every year I have gotten a DAS for either 7 DMT space or BTMRR ( sometimes all 3 rides) during the party with no problems at all other I think have been told no.

So does that mean Disney doesn’t have an official policy band it’s just up to the cast members?

So does that mean Disney doesn’t have an official policy band it’s just up to the cast members?
I have been told by a number of CM that anytime a ride is open the DAS can be used if the wait is over 15 minutes. I have used my DAS a number of times for EMH and MNSSHP and one MVMCP and only been told no two times once at buzz and once at EE where a manager was a few feet away talking to someone else and came walking quickly after me to let me know the DAS was able to be used and had me go back to the CM where the manager told the CM the DAS can be used and stood there while the CM scanned my MB and gave me a return time Buzz I was told by a manager the DAS could also be used but I was just done for the day ( EE was morning EMH and buzz was evening) so never used it. I do not think Disney really say either way on their website I wish they would I have email disability service and have been told yes the DAS can be used also asked at GR been told yes most people here have not had a problem there have been very few with issue I have not been one of them but the two times I just said. Ride with hight requirement must also have rider swap so this also helps with the DAS and space the only way people in a wheelchair can get on the ride is the FP line so that helps too

I've been denied return times with the DAS during parties a few times. I honestly haven't even attempted to ask very often since the waits are so short.

There's really no hard and fast information on this with the DAS FAQ. There's been people who have received return times, people who have been denied, and people who have received times and had to deal with a bit of push back. The longest waits I've come across at the parties are more for the special characters than rides themselves. I think in general, you'll have plenty to do that's completely manageable even if they do not offer return times.

If it's reasonable and doable, I don't really see the CMs not working with you. I'm of the personal opinion that when FP+ is not in place they are not obligated to offer DAS return times (characters without FP, etc). But again, you'll have people with different experiences chiming in - there just won't be "rule" you'll be able to fall back on to help you make that decision.

I've been denied return times with the DAS during parties a few times. I honestly haven't even attempted to ask very often since the waits are so short.

There's really no hard and fast information on this with the DAS FAQ. There's been people who have received return times, people who have been denied, and people who have received times and had to deal with a bit of push back. The longest waits I've come across at the parties are more for the special characters than rides themselves. I think in general, you'll have plenty to do that's completely manageable even if they do not offer return times.

If it's reasonable and doable, I don't really see the CMs not working with you. I'm of the personal opinion that when FP+ is not in place they are not obligated to offer DAS return times (characters without FP, etc). But again, you'll have people with different experiences chiming in - there just won't be "rule" you'll be able to fall back on to help you make that decision.
Thank you. I have heard wait times are lower during the party so it may not even be an issue. It’s just a lot of money to spend without knowin. My son is much more interested in Space Mountain in the dark than meeting characters, so I’m trying to gauge things. I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you. I have heard wait times are lower during the party so it may not even be an issue. It’s just a lot of money to spend without knowin. My son is much more interested in Space Mountain in the dark than meeting characters, so I’m trying to gauge things. I appreciate your feedback.
You will have no problem with getting a return time for space. The FP line is the only way people in wheelchair can get on the ride. Space is my go to ride if I get over stimulated so at the party I alway ( unless I have a DAS for another ride) have a DAS for space I do not always use it.

We used the DAS Pass just fine at the Halloween Party last year. As of 2019 Disney is officially allowing the usage of DAS for rides only during the parties.

Attachments

• das_party.jpg
    das_party.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 25
We used the DAS Pass just fine at the Halloween Party last year. As of 2019 Disney is officially allowing the usage of DAS for rides only during the parties.
I was told it was any time the wait is longer than 15 minutes. am I right that you emailed them asking about just the MNSHP and you did not ask and EMH or MVMCP as when I asked I got them saying the DAS could be used anytime

I was told it was any time the wait is longer than 15 minutes. am I right that you emailed them asking about just the MNSHP and you did not ask and EMH or MVMCP as when I asked I got them saying the DAS could be used anytime

Correct, we only used the DAS if the wait was 20 minutes or longer. On our party night almost every ride was over 30 minutes so it was a lifesaver.

I have not asked about EMH since we often do not make it to those. Christmas parties, yes.

Correct, we only used the DAS if the wait was 20 minutes or longer. On our party night almost every ride was over 30 minutes so it was a lifesaver.

I have not asked about EMH since we often do not make it to those. Christmas parties, yes.
Ok that make since when I asked when the DAS could be used I was told any times a ride is open and the wait is more then 15 minutes so it should work for the party and EMH ( witch I too have used a number of times)

Did you find others using it or others being allowed in the fast pass lane? One of my other concerns is it being obvious to other guests in line that we are going through the fast pass line and I fear someone making a comment (my son outwardly shows no issues of any type of impairment). During regular hours we blend in with everyone else in the fast pass line so it’s not a worry.

Did you find others using it or others being allowed in the fast pass lane? One of my other concerns is it being obvious to other guests in line that we are going through the fast pass line and I fear someone making a comment (my son outwardly shows no issues of any type of impairment). During regular hours we blend in with everyone else in the fast pass line so it’s not a worry.
For space there was always some other people in line some were rider swap some das or wheelchair user 7DMT was the same way. Not sure about BTMRR as I use the handicap entrance for that one.

There were a few others using DAS, so you shouldn't be the only one. The good thing about the party nights is it's dark out so a lot of times people didn't even notice you going by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter