• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

I’ve been in the WDW parks using DAS the last two days…

1. They have definitely NOT started the 10-min “cool down” yet. I tested it and was able to book another DAS immediately after tapping in (though a couple rides were using both tap points, so I had to wait until after tapping in twice.)

2. Caveat: it’s only two days in time and specific to the attractions I did (Star Tours, Rise, Space, Big Thunder, 7DMT). My wait in LLs was never more than 5-10 mins. Totally manageable and what I would expect for either DAS or paid ILL/G+.
LL 15min...for 7dmt? The entire week we were there last april...never less than outside the gate and people in the switchbacks.

Ds waited twice for his time to come up and eventually bailed as no way he could wait in that LL queue, so we went and did something else. A cm sprinkled some pixie dust the second time around and exchanged the time for a different ride so he could get on quickly after the 90min already spent

LL 15min...for 7dmt? The entire week we were there last april...never less than outside the gate and people in the switchbacks.
PPs experience is absolutely plausible.

Two thoughts

1. When in April? If it was the beginning the parks were Xmas Level Zoo until after the week after Easter when I went, starting around 4/9

2. I’ve never waited more than 15 min in 7DMT LL- but I would bail if it was backed up all the way to the check in stand and I always hit in the first 2 hours of park operation or late into the night. That ride seems to get waaaaay backed up. Maybe because it’s ILL and Disney didn’t trim the ILLs they sell as DAS usage increased? Who knows but that ride gets ridiculous even without going down, which doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere.

PPs experience is absolutely plausible.

Two thoughts

1. When in April? If it was the beginning the parks were Xmas Level Zoo until after the week after Easter when I went, starting around 4/9

2. I’ve never waited more than 15 min in 7DMT LL- but I would bail if it was backed up all the way to the check in stand and I always hit in the first 2 hours of park operation or late into the night. That ride seems to get waaaaay backed up. Maybe because it’s ILL and Disney didn’t trim the ILLs they sell as DAS usage increased? Who knows but that ride gets ridiculous even without going down, which doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere.
I agree.

I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes in LL for 7 Dwarves.

Last year we were there in April. It was vacation week in Boston but it was a full week after Easter and it seemed like every single person in the parks was from Boston. We were pretty shocked at how quiet everything was.

Ds waited twice for his time to come up and eventually bailed as no way he could wait in that LL queue, so we went and did something else. A cm sprinkled some pixie dust the second time around and exchanged the time for a different ride so he could get on quickly after the 90min already spent
I timed it: 8 mins from tap in to boarding. Much of April is peak Spring Break season, so I imagine that drove higher waits all around - there really isn’t any off season these days, but crowd levels are nowhere near peak right now. Standby for 7DMT when I rode was 80mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter