Das pass and Schizoaffective Dissorder.

mickey&minniealways

DIS Veteran
My DD was diagnosed with Shizoaffective Disorder. She has been coded since the age of 3. Disney has always been her happy place. We have never gotten her a DAS pass in the past. She has always been fine waiting in lines etc. This is our fist time since her new symptoms made and apperance. Don't know how crowds will come into play. DH is worried it will overwhelm her. Should we get the pass just in case.

You can request a DAS and use it if needed. Or you can give it a try without and then go request it. If you aren’t sure how she may be affected by the crowds and lines, giving it a try first will give you specific examples to discuss with the CM. Remember, DAS only helps with attraction queues, and there are crowds everywhere, so plan for times outside of lines as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

My DD was diagnosed with Shizoaffective Disorder. She has been coded since the age of 3. Disney has always been her happy place. We have never gotten her a DAS pass in the past. She has always been fine waiting in lines etc. This is our fist time since her new symptoms made and apperance. Don't know how crowds will come into play. DH is worried it will overwhelm her. Should we get the pass just in case.
how does she do in other crowded areas? If you are not sure I would try it without the DAS pass you can always go to GR if you thin you need one. Just a side note the DAS is not DX but need-based so you will need to let the CM know what it is about the standby line that is hard for her the CM do not care about DX

how does she do in other crowded areas? If you are not sure I would try it without the DAS pass you can always go to GR if you thin you need one. Just a side note the DAS is not DX but need-based so you will need to let the CM know what it is about the standby line that is hard for her the CM do not care about DX

We are more worried about her anxiety level and how she will deal with the large crowds. It was her anxiety that led to her problems in the first place. Worried about a meltdown in the middle of a line. Most days she is fine. But if she gets stressed she starts talking to people that are not with us. She can get very loud and screams at them at time. I won't say yell because it can be more than that.

You can request a DAS and use it if needed. Or you can give it a try without and then go request it. If you aren’t sure how she may be affected by the crowds and lines, giving it a try first will give you specific examples to discuss with the CM. Remember, DAS only helps with attraction queues, and there are crowds everywhere, so plan for times outside of lines as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

We are well used to planning down times. Will make sure she stays hydrated and doesn't get overtired or overheated as well. We are going September for the first time. Usually we go during spring break. Hoping that the crowds will be a little better at this time of year. I know it is food and wine but that doesn't really interest her much.

We are more worried about her anxiety level and how she will deal with the large crowds. It was her anxiety that led to her problems in the first place. Worried about a meltdown in the middle of a line. Most days she is fine. But if she gets stressed she starts talking to people that are not with us. She can get very loud and screams at them at time. I won't say yell because it can be more than that.
even with the DAS pass there is still lines she will have to be in. If she is seeing someone I would ask them what you can do for her at Disney with crowds and such ( I find not relying on the DAS for a fix it all helps) if she is young enough for a stroller you might want to get it tagged so she can have a safe place when she is in lines.

Food and Wine Festival is also a very busy time.... not that there are any slow times anymore... but just a fair warning...

EPCOT will be very busy/crowded due to F&W. you will probably want to stay away from the countries side of the bridge.

even with the DAS pass there is still lines she will have to be in. If she is seeing someone I would ask them what you can do for her at Disney with crowds and such ( I find not relying on the DAS for a fix it all helps) if she is young enough for a stroller you might want to get it tagged so she can have a safe place when she is in lines.

She is 23 and we have been many, many times. I am an old pro at navigating the park with two special needs junkies. They are 31 and 23 now. It is the first time since my youngest was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Dissorder though.

She is 23 and we have been many, many times. I am an old pro at navigating the park with two special needs junkies. They are 31 and 23 now. It is the first time since my youngest was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Dissorder though.
Ok just could not tell how old from your post. Since you have been I take it she has too could you talk to her about what she thinks she might need and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter