DAS Questions?

puente0629

DIS Veteran
Hello,

My mother-in-law will be using the DAS card plus she is in a wheelchair (yes we know a wheelchair does not qualify you for DAS, she has other disabilities that do qualify her for one), have a few questions regarding a few rides/shows...

For rides that do not have fast passes, can you still use the DAS card (i.e. Astro Orbiter)?

At Epcot there is a fast pass for the new nighttime show Epcot Forever, are we able to use the DAS pass for it? If so where would be go so they can scan her wristband? Is their a certain location they place you at?

Shows in general, is their a separate line for guests with wheelchairs? How about the parades?

Regarding resorts we heard if you have a disability parking pass you can valet for free?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

My mother-in-law will be using the DAS card plus she is in a wheelchair (yes we know a wheelchair does not qualify you for DAS, she has other disabilities that do qualify her for one), have a few questions regarding a few rides/shows...

For rides that do not have fast passes, can you still use the DAS card (i.e. Astro Orbiter)?

At Epcot there is a fast pass for the new nighttime show Epcot Forever, are we able to use the DAS pass for it? If so where would be go so they can scan her wristband? Is their a certain location they place you at?

Shows in general, is their a separate line for guests with wheelchairs? How about the parades?

Regarding resorts we heard if you have a disability parking pass you can valet for free?

Thanks for your help!
Yes you can use the DAS for Astro
I do not believe you can us the DAS for the Epcot show but they do have wheelchairs view areas

the parade at MK dose have 3 different area for parades and fireworks

for show there normally is not a separate line but they sometimes have different holdings area when you are about to go in. The CM should direct you to where you need to go.

Here is the location of where the parade viewing area are at the MK. Not 100% sure I have the liberty square one right but the other two are.

Attachments

• 0619E39F-6BD1-4A7F-8E54-B78D0A401B3A.jpeg
    0619E39F-6BD1-4A7F-8E54-B78D0A401B3A.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 18FB3A30-5EB4-42A8-9BD4-A840DA30BC8A.jpeg
    18FB3A30-5EB4-42A8-9BD4-A840DA30BC8A.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 6
As long as she has a valid handicapped parking permit (dashboard card, hangtag or license plate) then yes, Valet parking at the Deluxe Resorts is free, however you are expected to tip (both when leaving the car, and picking it up) as usual. We tip $10 each time.

If you are staying at the Moderate or Value Resort hotels, you can park overnight for free in any handicapped spot; make sure that her permit/hangtag/license plate is visible (so don't back into the spot). We always let the front desk know our car's license plate number and make/model, and check the folio before we leave to make sure we didn't get charged for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter