Date Change? Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2015

Ariel484

DIS Veteran
Please note - I realize this is early and possibly totally wrong. Totally speculating here. ;)

Normally in the rD programs they'll publish next year's dates (i.e. the dates for the 2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend were published in the 2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend Program).

I'm planning on Dumbo + 5K next year and was expecting to get confirmation for September 4-7, 2015 - Labor Day Weekend. But the 2015 dates are not in the DLH Weekend program. Hmm...

Maybe this is a little premature, but I'm wondering if they are moving DLH Weekend...possibly because the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon will debut in September 2015? Or for some other reason?

Thoughts?

Also...I emailed them and got the following response (which is about what I was expecting):

Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. Event and registration dates for the 2015 event are being finalized. Please follow the official runDisney accounts on Facebook and Twitter for the latest announcements. You can also sign up for email reminders on rundisney.com.

If you have any further questions, please visit www.rundisney.com.

Have a magical day!
runDisney

While they could consider moving a well established U.S. race for one in Paris, I don't really think they would. The U.S. dates already seem to agree with the parks and resorts schedules, so it would take some work to move it around. They did do that with Tinkerbell to make room for Star Wars, but runDisney already wasn't meeting the demand for races there and the west coast parks apparently still have slower periods in which there was mutual benefit. A European race shouldn't conflict much with the U.S. races as I'd think Europeans would be the tarket market, so other than potential staffing issues, it would seem like more work to bump one for the other.

While they could consider moving a well established U.S. race for one in Paris, I don't really think they would. The U.S. dates already seem to agree with the parks and resorts schedules, so it would take some work to move it around. They did do that with Tinkerbell to make room for Star Wars, but runDisney already wasn't meeting the demand for races there and the west coast parks apparently still have slower periods in which there was mutual benefit. A European race shouldn't conflict much with the U.S. races as I'd think Europeans would be the tarket market, so other than potential staffing issues, it would seem like more work to bump one for the other.
:confused3 I have no idea. When I first saw that the 2015 dates weren't there, my first thought was that they are moving the race. I think the only way the Europe race would conflict with a US race is with the staffing - rD people can't be in two places at once. Maybe they will have rD European staff?? :confused3

Hmmm... If *would* be nice if it was at a time when the Haunted Mansion is actually open rather than being closed for an overlay so those of us from the East Coast who don't do super heroes or Star Wars or pixies could get a chance to see it in conjunction with a race weekend...

One of the charities-- Run for our Sons-- has the dates for Labor Day weekend -- September 4, 5 and 6 -- next year. http://www.parentprojectmd.org/site/TR?fr_id=3450&pg=entry
-- Suzanne
Thanks for pointing this out. :) I'm hoping runDisney will confirm the dates sometime soon...it would be awesome if they kept it over Labor Day weekend. I noticed the same thing for the Tower of Terror 10-miler (that next year's dates are not published in this year's program). Very weird. :confused3

Oh no! I'm in CA with my family for our annual Newport Beach vacation at the end of August, and if the DL 1/2 is after August 31, I'll have to miss it. Was so looking forward to the DL 1/2, and to a coast-to-coast medal.

Oh no! I'm in CA with my family for our annual Newport Beach vacation at the end of August, and if the DL 1/2 is after August 31, I'll have to miss it. Was so looking forward to the DL 1/2, and to a coast-to-coast medal.

I'm sorry but unless they do move it that won't work... Labor Day is always the first Monday in September which would put the race on September 6th. :guilty:

I wouldn't worry about the dates not being listed - they haven't announced the dates (or cancellation) of the Everest Challenge yet either and that one is in May. :confused3

I'm sorry but unless they do move it that won't work... Labor Day is always the first Monday in September which would put the race on September 6th. :guilty:

I wouldn't worry about the dates not being listed - they haven't announced the dates (or cancellation) of the Everest Challenge yet either and that one is in May. :confused3

I was getting too comfortable with that end-of-August date, based on the Labor Days of the past! Ran the inaugural DL 10K last year, saw the date for this year, and didn't think it all the way through with the Labor Day connection.

Hope they announce soon, because I'd consider Tink in May, but it's 92% full now so I would have to make a decision in the very near future. On the other hand, I bet our youngest son would be super excited about an Avengers weekend if they did that in 2015!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter