David Cassidy in Critical Condition

Also grew up as a big fan. Was lucky to catch a show of his a few years back in Boston when his son was a student here (and in the audience with some of his friends). He did great that night and it was fun to hear a lot of the old songs as he sang them. From what I've read he had a very hard time finding a consistent groove in life after his early mega-success. It's a sad life story, really. I wish him and his family peace. Thanks for the memories, David.

(Not the show I saw, but similar.)

Dont know about the dimentia. My aunt was lucid to the end.

I had an aunt who died of liver disease. She drank for 40 years and quit 10 years before she died, but the damage was done.

She suffered for about 2 years before she succumbed to the disease. Was awful to watch her body change as the disease spread. Her face was gaunt and skin was greenish yellow no nutrients were able to get where they needed to.

She was a great lady and my favorite aunt, but something about that generation in my family-lots of alcohol. And her own kids partied hard. It was always the picture of what not to do for me and my siblings.
Not just your family. That generation, if they partied they partied hard. Excess was the name of the game. It’s alarming to see them all going one right after the other at relatively young ages.

I had a big crush on him when I was 10, my dad took me to see him in concert around that time (1970?). I saw him again about 10 years ago at Epcot, it brought it all back, it was surreal. A friend and I saw him about 4 or 5 years ago at South Park outside Pittsburgh. He was arrested for drunk driving about a week later, a sign of trouble.

I remember watching him on The Partridge Family too. It's so sad to see dementia hit at a young age.

Seems like a nice enough of a guy listening to him in interviews. It's too bad he has had so many problems.

I saw him in concert in 1971 at the Greenville (SC) Memorial Auditorium. God bless my late mother (she was 44 at the time) who endured all the deafening screaming. I certainly wouldn't do it for my kid if I had one. I'm more selfish (which is why I never wanted to procreate.)

I just read that David Cassidy has died. I don't care how he died or why... it's still very sad. He was my second big celebrity crush (Bobby Sherman was #1) and it feels like a little piece of my childhood has died, too. :sad1:
:sad1:

I saw him in concert in 1971 at the Greenville (SC) Memorial Auditorium. God bless my late mother (she was 44 at the time) who endured all the deafening screaming. I certainly wouldn't do it for my kid if I had one. I'm more selfish (which is why I never wanted to procreate.)
That's funny! I did it with my DD and her friends a few years back with One Direction! It was a blast! I brought along a cohort and we did the whole tailgate and everything, lol. (Lots of other adults there, too!)

As for the PF, I hope everyone realizes the only ones that actually sang were Shirley Jones and David The "band" wasn't the tv family. There were four additional performers who sang the songs.
And Santa’s not real?

I just read that David Cassidy has died. I don't care how he died or why... it's still very sad. He was my second big celebrity crush (Bobby Sherman was #1) and it feels like a little piece of my childhood has died, too. :sad1:
It's probably only a matter of time, but I just read that he's out of his coma and surrounded by his family.

Very sad news. :worried:
I too was a fan back in the day. It's awful to hear about the hard times he's had in recent years.

Yes, Wiki had his death listed as November 19, 2017 several hours ago, but new reports were still saying he was in a coma. Maybe a slow news day.

ETA Interesting! Now Wiki has removed his "date of death" reference, and I still don't see anything in the main stream media, or even on his own website, that says he's died. Strange.

Though I was more of a Davy Jones fan, David Cassidy's version of "Cherish" was a favorite of mine.

Julie, Julie, Julie, do ya love me?

My sister's name is Julie; she thought he was singing specifically to her!

Yes, Wiki had his death listed as November 19, 2017 several hours ago, but new reports were still saying he was in a coma. Maybe a slow news day.

ETA Interesting! Now Wiki has removed his "date of death" reference, and I still don't see anything in the main stream media, or even on his own website, that says he's died. Strange.

I know.. it's weird. I first posted when I saw his death reported on FB. Now I can't find anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter