David Cassidy in Critical Condition

They made ujp.

View attachment 284719

View attachment 284720

images
Not trying to argue, but David's memoir came out in 2007. Are those photos post 2007? They seem older than 10 years ago to me, but I could be wrong...

Not trying to argue, but David's memoir came out in 2007. Are those photos post 2007? They seem older than 10 years ago to me, but I could be wrong...

I don't know when they were taken. I posted them because they were post-Partridge days. They could be prior to 2007.

Why did I think Jack Cassidy died in that big MGM Grand Fire?
According to ex-wife Shirley Jones, on December 11, 1976, Cassidy asked her over for drinks, but she declined his invitation. He then invited actress and singer Donna Theodore out for a date. According to Theodore in a 1999 interview, which was featured in the Mysteries and Scandals episode on Cassidy, she began noticing strange mood swings in Cassidy, notably one incident in which he ran all over the nightclub to which they had gone. Feeling uncomfortable, she asked him to take her back to her house, which he did. After eating dinner alone at a restaurant, Cassidy returned to his apartment alone, by which time he was drunk, as he had consumed alcohol at various bars across West Hollywood that evening. In the early morning hours of December 12, Cassidy lit a cigarette and fell asleep on his Naugahydecouch.[12] He then dropped the cigarette, which ignited the couch. The flames quickly spread throughout the apartment and the building.[5]At 6:15 a.m., the blaze was discovered by Deputy Sherriff John DiMatteo, who evacuated the building and entered Cassidy's apartment. A charred corpse was found in the doorway of the apartment. As Cassidy's car was missing,[1] his family hoped that he had traveled to Palm Springs, as he had apparently intended to do the following day. But[13] the corpse was soon identified as Cassidy's by dental records and a signet ring that he wore, bearing the Cassidy family crest.[1][14] The car had been borrowed by a friend, who later returned it. Cassidy's remains were cremated and scattered on the Pacific Ocean.[15]

This is from Wikipedia

I liked seeing Susan Dey, but I never watched the Partridge Family regularly. Maybe she wasn't slutty enough for David Cassidy, but she did it for me.

I remember reading way back then that during its last season on the air, The Partridge Family was the lowest rated show in the Neilsons. The network shifted it from Fridays to Saturdays opposite All In The Family.

Anyway, RIP David Cassidy. I know he had problems throughout the years.

It was ranked 78 in its last season (All in the Family, its direct competition, was # 1) , but I couldn't find the total ranking list to see if it was the lowest rated show. I know in my family at that time, where there was only one TV and my parents controlled it, they watched AITF, so I didn't see season 4 until syndication. I watched it every week when it was on Fridays (seasons 1-3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter