Day Hotel

quietly

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

My travel buddy and I have a 9 hr lay over in LA during the day - I was wondering if anyone here has booked a day hotel and which one you went with if so.

Thanks!

It’s been years (about 25) since I got a day room at LAX so I can’t offer you any reviews but I do know there are plenty. The key is to get a hotel that has a free shuttle from LAX. The Travelodge used to be the go to place but it has shut although there are still a couple in the area with shuttles.

There are plenty of options though under the Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt banners. I can’t give you reviews as I’ve only noticed the various shuttles recently but google day use rooms LAX or similar and plenty of options will show up. You could even just use google maps to see which are closest. You’ll see they are all offsite but close by.

Expect to pay about US$100 give or take for a room with check in around 7am to 9am and check out between 5pm and 8pm. Many are just available as a walk in, some don’t even take bookings for day use rooms but availability is usually not an issue.

It’s funny that this question was asked as I am currently looking into the same thing. There are web sites that advertised day rooms at major hotels but I am a little skeptical of them. One of them had a major hotel brand at LAX airport listed for a good price but had a hotel in Melbourne as the description. So after some checking I have booked the Hilton at LAX airport via their web site. Not sure how this is going to work out but sounds like a great solution to waiting around till 10:30pm flight. The room is available from 9:00 till 6:00pm.

This is ages after this question but I’m browsing through the forums dreaming of our next trip(who knows when).
We were in LA last October and had an early checkout from a Universal Hotel but a really late flight. We were going to spend the day at the pool and City Walk but my hubby developed a raging tummy bug. I hastily booked the Hyatt Regency LA International Airport. Only cost us about $113(US). It was lovely and they were terrific...even gave me a free drink in the lobby..probably out of sympathy..while my hubby slept. They made the whole thing super easy with the shuttles. I’ll use them next time we go to Orlando because we choose a long connection so we can break up the journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!