DCL not ready to return to Tortola yet...

I'm on the Oct 5th Fantasy cruise that includes Tortola. After reading the same articles (and the comments) I'm guessing that even IF we go to Tortola, we're going to stay aboard. I'm not impressed with the excursions available and I can't find any non-Disney excursions either - websites are down or not updated or state the properties are still under construction. . .

Wonder if it's too soon for these ships to be going. Just like Puerto Rico -- I know they want to provide the income to the port, but if it's not safe or excursion companies are still closed, it may be better if they wanted another few months :confused3

was looking into St. Martin in case we go there instead of Tortola. . . ran across this article about the zoo we thought was awesome http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eal-rare-animals-zoo-destroyed-hurricane.html

old peacock.jpg
445C928B00000578-0-image-a-91_1505917628537.jpg

I'm not too excited to be one of the first ships back if that is what is happening. I also wish Disney would be more clear about the plans. The articles I've read from the BVI's don't make it sound like Tortola is ready - especially if you read the comments from the locals.

Update: i think some were notified via email
Agreed

So looks like the cruise departing on 8th September may be the 1st back to Tortola. Hopefully hear from them on return but chances are best those of us can do on following cruises is to cancel excursions if looks like wasting money.

I'm on the Oct 5th Fantasy cruise that includes Tortola. After reading the same articles (and the comments) I'm guessing that even IF we go to Tortola, we're going to stay aboard. I'm not impressed with the excursions available and I can't find any non-Disney excursions either - websites are down or not updated or state the properties are still under construction. . .

That’s our plan too - to stay on the ship. When we have a port stop in the Bahamas we just get off the boat and walk around to the nearby shops. But from what I’ve seen, I don’t think there is much to walk around that’s close to the dock in Tortola.

So looks like the cruise departing on 8th September may be the 1st back to Tortola. Hopefully hear from them on return but chances are best those of us can do on following cruises is to cancel excursions if looks like wasting money.
Anyone on this thread on that cruise?

That’s our plan too - to stay on the ship. When we have a port stop in the Bahamas we just get off the boat and walk around to the nearby shops. But from what I’ve seen, I don’t think there is much to walk around that’s close to the dock in Tortola.

yeah, I'll get off any try to find some local bar and grab a beer. . . buy a shot glass or some other touristy thing :)

I dont see a lot on Tortola though :confused3

Excellent! Sent my credit card authorization form to our Tortola charter this afternoon.

FYI, I’ve chartered twice in the past with Sunshine Power Boats out of Tortola. Malcolm was our captain. Once we went to The Baths. The other charter we had Malcolm show us the best of the BVI for snorkeling & beaches. Amazing day both times. I have Malcolm chartered for 9/25 going to The Baths so my friends can see it. I highly recommend him!

I don't think it would be unsafe to do an excursion. They are not going to put you in a perilous situation, it just wouldn't be good business. I'd definitely go on a port adventure to give them the financial boost as well as to see the island.

Will those on here who will be going to Tortola, please post after you return. We are booked to go there on Jan. 2019. Haven't been there before, so would love to hear about everyone's experiences. Glad to hear the island will finally get the much needed tourism money.

I don't think it would be unsafe to do an excursion. They are not going to put you in a perilous situation, it just wouldn't be good business. I'd definitely go on a port adventure to give them the financial boost as well as to see the island.

I'm not worried about safety; i'm just not impressed with the excursions I've seen...

Where did you hear this? I am on this cruise. I must have missed a post about it?

Anyone on this thread on that cruise?

That’s my cruise

DH and I are also on this sailing. :yay:

Nice find of this article! Have you read the comments? As with previous articles, people don’t seem confident that the island is ready. I’ll be sure to post here when our cruise is over.
Yes, I looked at the comments and am curious about the actual condition the of the island. Found the article by chance, looking for information on the current conditions. Took me by surprise.

Excellent! Sent my credit card authorization form to our Tortola charter this afternoon.

FYI, I’ve chartered twice in the past with Sunshine Power Boats out of Tortola. Malcolm was our captain. Once we went to The Baths. The other charter we had Malcolm show us the best of the BVI for snorkeling & beaches. Amazing day both times. I have Malcolm chartered for 9/25 going to The Baths so my friends can see it. I highly recommend him!
So the charter you picked is not a DCL charter? How many people can they take at a time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter