DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday! Here is the info on tomorrow nights Zoom meet up. See you there.

Inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: DisDads Virtual Grog Grotto
Time: Mar 28, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/897697333...

Meeting ID: 897 697 333
Password: 9347639

One tap mobile
+19292056099,,897697333# US (New York)
+13126266799,,897697333# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 897 697 333
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a692BOh9N
Hide or report this
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now

ZOOM.US
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting now
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://zoom.us/j/897697333?pwd=KzR6dXgrRlFXOGI2ZGcxK01EZkxIUT09&fbclid=IwAR1FOHFWLbxtQ-mDtbgEpLrINJVUOqdr0mrLceNgqAmdo-8xcaaLCsHrGMY&h=AT1khuL7Rpr_F9h0d84cgbL1oHAMhbLWcxSSz8Iaxhnb68BDd3HmUxW_f8aM-xfiuNZnHDGYfa509PzKHe9W2Mf6tPdT2wYW97w3nUy6Prda6LKUxBSykV-ZN8z1r_GVfrKB9TVM--GLOMQ0

I realized I missed this! I'm so annoyed at myself. Next time! Post the information for the next one and I'll be there...unless the wife needs Zoom for one of her meetings.

Morning All,

busy day with meetings and all. Well....1 meeting via Zoom and it's not a bunch of DisDads.

Overcast morning here, hopefully there is no other weather and I can get out for a walk again later today.

Have a good one all.

Does your wife have meeting Saturday nights?

Generally, no. As for this one, I for some reason switched the DisDads Zoom meeting in my head to Monday.

Morning All,

busy day with meetings and all. Well....1 meeting via Zoom and it's not a bunch of DisDads.

Overcast morning here, hopefully there is no other weather and I can get out for a walk again later today.

Have a good one all.

That's not very fun.

Morning, gents.
Spent a few minutes this morning buying bottom of the barrel price stocks.
I could be wrong, but I suspect this current situation will end at some point (weeks? Months? Years?? ) and stocks will start going up again. Hope I'm right.

4 mile run this morning,
Whelp... I hate running. Always have. I was the fastest in my grade 12 class (about... 200 students?), but never liked anything longer than 100m.

Told the kid (DD22) that I'd download the C25K app and we'd start today... God help me.
Our next door neighbours Dad died of Covid on Saturday Night, so that's now hitting a little closer to home.
Oh, man...
It's all becoming just a bit too real, isn't it?
So, it looks like WDW is closed until at least Jun 1.
Key words there are "at least"... I sure hope this is over or abating by then, but... somehow... I just kinda doubt it.
Looks like naked cleaning is on the agenda at Ponzie's house...…. break out the bow tie
I'm sure my two DDs would appreciate that.
They were still ribs. I'm a bit of a Carolina boy when it comes to sauce, I like the mustard bases.
Hmmm... I don't know if I've had vinegar vs mustard base. I just order ribs and love what I'm eating (usually). I'd love a side by side comparison.
Oh, I did manage to spend most of yesterday filling out online job applications, a lot actually, so we'll see how that goes.
Keep us posted!
Still working on dam repair.
So how do you do that? I mean... you can't turn off a river?

Told the kid (DD22) that I'd download the C25K app and we'd start today... God help me.
Nice one! Good luck and let us know how you get on
Key words there are "at least"... I sure hope this is over or abating by then, but... somehow... I just kinda doubt it.
::yes:: I think it will be even longer for us internationals, with airports opening back up to international travel.
I'm sure my two DDs would appreciate that.
:scared1:
Hmmm... I don't know if I've had vinegar vs mustard base. I just order ribs and love what I'm eating (usually).
I prefer dry rub ribs, and then mix my sauces up a bit. Not a fan of sticky, molasses based bbq sauce.
You're right though, vinegar vs mustard would be a good taste test. I may try that.

We have a brisket coming on Saturday, so that should be good eatin'
Good plan. I didi the same last week. Some of this is historic low. 2 years from now, it should be way back up.
Top O the Morning Dads! Had a good meal from our local steakhouse carryout
nice one, gotta love a steak dinner.
Still working on dam repair.
Thats a dam shame. Are we still running with this gag?

What ......you can't turn off the river, I could be in trouble I might get my feet wet.😜
Make sure you wear your rubbers.
Nice one! Good luck and let us know how you get on
Did day one... my legs are sore now.
::yes:: I think it will be even longer for us internationals, with airports opening back up to international travel.
Yeah... I hear you. Maybe travel will be allowed, but... might be a while before we're allowed out of the country.
I prefer dry rub ribs, and then mix my sauces up a bit. Not a fan of sticky, molasses based bbq sauce.
You're right though, vinegar vs mustard would be a good taste test. I may try that.
I just don't eat enough ribs to really have formed an informed opinion.
Good plan. I didi the same last week. Some of this is historic low. 2 years from now, it should be way back up.
My thinking as well.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Cheeky 10k run this morning, followed by Work time and Home Schooling. We are visiting China tonight in the World Showcase extravaganza, with Chicken Stir Fry and Shrimp and Egg fried rice, in "Mulan's Dojo"

Did day one... my legs are sore now.
Good job! (If only there was a gif around here for that....)
I just don't eat enough ribs to really have formed an informed opinion.
I do love a cheeky rib.

Have a good one chaps.

Good morning! Mildest spring we've had in years here and the only thing I can do to enjoy it is take walks around the neighborhood. Or do yardwork, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19. She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.

Morning, gents.
I could be wrong, but I suspect this current situation will end at some point (weeks? Months? Years?? ) and stocks will start going up again. Hope I'm right.

I've been looking at the same thing. Already have money invested, so I've taken a big hit, but I figure I can at least move as much as possible into the retirement account so any gains are tax-free. Thank goodness I wasn't in this for the short term.

Whelp... I hate running. Always have. I was the fastest in my grade 12 class (about... 200 students?), but never liked anything longer than 100m.

I kept trying to do that for years and after about 3-4 weeks of running, my heel would develop plantar fasciitis and I'd have to shut it down. Which was fine with me, because I've learned I really hate running. Trying to ride my stationary bike as much as I can now.

I've always preferred the molasses or tomato-based sauce to the vinegar or mustard. Anyway, this is good to know, as if/when I smoke up a feast for you, I'll leave the sauce on the side.

By the way, if you're ever in Cincinnati for some reason, try the Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse. Best ribs I've ever had.

We were there visiting a college for my daughter and they claimed to have world-famous ribs, served US presidents, etc. I'm not normally a rib guy (usually too much work and too much mess for not enough meat) but I loved these.

We have a brisket coming on Saturday, so that should be good eatin'

a2a.gif

Morning all,

Nice sunny morning so far. Haven't looked at the weather but I'm hoping it stays good for the day so I can get out for my daily walk. Need to get some work done first though. This shut down is hitting our sport organizations hard and will likely continue to do so for months. With all events being cancelled and no new registrations being taken, most groups have zero revenue right now. We need to collect some hard data to make the case for assistance.

Have a good one all.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Cheeky 10k run this morning, followed by Work time and Home Schooling. We are visiting China tonight in the World Showcase extravaganza, with Chicken Stir Fry and Shrimp and Egg fried rice, in "Mulan's Dojo"

Nice! I think I missed Norway, what did you do there?

I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19. She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.

Hope she's better soon.

All the best to your niece mate, hope she gets better soon.
Nice! I think I missed Norway, what did you do there?

We had Ribbe - Belly of Pork with Cabbage, and Tilsorte Bondepiker, which is like the filling in apple pie, with some whipped cream on top, and then some granola, and then you do the whole thing again kinda like a trifle. It was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter