DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And, it's another Monday. It's 50 degrees outside, which is just way too cold.

Riiiiiiight...
Tell ya' what; once they actually build the working ships for the transit and the basic infrastructure for survival at the destination, then we'll discuss it.

Will it be the Mars of Total Recall or Star Trek? Total Recall had that Martian bar, but Star Trek had hologram suites.

I think that if everyone would stop arguing so much and just think for a minute, we would realize just how great things are at this point in time.

I'm curious. Was everyone wearing masks? Or no one? Or...?

I noticed it was about 50%, which follows along with how divided people are in this country. All the workers in the different stores were wearing masks.

Laughed when the pace car ran out of gas.

:lmao:

Outdoor shopping seems to be the way things are going now a days. I use to live in Albuquerque, NM, and there's one mall that closed because a huge outdoor shopping mall opened across the street draining the mall of businesses and foot traffic. We still have out mall here on the Cape, but since Covid hit, a lot of stores have pulled out. The mall has, however, had a big expansion recently. A Target moved into the old Sears location, tearing down the old Sears and re-doing that whole end of the mall. A Planet Fitness and Dicks Sporting goods have also moved in, so things are looking up. Unfortunately a lot of smaller shops have closed, as did a couple of chains like Hollister and Banana Republic. Signs of the times, I guess.

Continued prayers for your MiL. I understand the outdoor mall in Florida or someplace warm, but not here. I don't like shopping, but I don't plan to walk outside when it's freezing. But, I think I remember hearing that retail places make most of their money at certain times of the year.

So If forgot to mention that I finally plugged hole that the mice/rats have been using to get into the garage. My wife kept using foam to fill the hole, foam that's supposed to stop rodents from getting in...yeah, didn't work. So I stopped by an Aubuchon Hardware store and bought two good sized bags of steel wool. I stuffed the hole with it and then nailed wooden shingles to the outside of the holes. I read that mice/rats hate steel wool, so hopefully that'll stop them if they can get past the wooden shingles.

I'm curious if the steel wool will keep them away. Apparently, the mice find the peppermint to be an early Christmas party.

Replying to my own post. I was just told it won't be included in the contest because it might offend someone.

%*&$%× censorship and political correctness.

:mad:

Ugh. Was that from the puppet ventriloquist comedian? What's his name? Jeff Dunham. I wasn't offended.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if any of the Dis(board) DisDads are aware, but there is a DisDad Club Convention in January.

I think the official dates are 6-10. I'm arriving on the 11th. but there's enough hold-over.

I bring it up so everyone feels like they're invited, because, you are. At least, that's my approach. I may be wrong, and it isn't my party, so, there's that. BUT - we're at about 80 days out, so, it's close enough to start planning.

I REALLY hope the Top of the World lounge is open by then.

Morning folks

Caught the F1 race. Not bad. Some actual passing for a change. Now sitting waiting for my dentist appointment. Hate getting my teeth cleaned but better than the alternative I guess.

I think that if everyone would stop arguing so much and just think for a minute, we would realize just how great things are at this point in time.
Agree with this.
I noticed it was about 50%, which follows along with how divided people are in this country. All the workers in the different stores were wearing masks.
Huh. Here we’re having a spike so masks are mandated at all public indoor places.

You know, I like my boss, he's a nice guy and all, but man he irritates me to no end sometimes. I'm working on a project where I'm moving floor items in the system to an actual location, which makes it easier to find. I created a quick and simple document in Word with 4 columns across where I keep track of part numbers where the physical count and the amount in the system don't match. Creating the document took me all of 5 seconds, but in reality it took me 30 seconds to figure out what I wanted for columns, for example, I have Column 1) Part No.; 2) Inventory System Count; 3) Physical Count; 4) Difference +/- from System Count. That's it. Took me 30 seconds to come up with this, but my boss doesn't like it because he thinks I wasted time coming up with it. I told him, "It's either this, or you read my microscopic messy handwriting. Those are your choices." So annoying.

And, it's another Monday. It's 50 degrees outside, which is just way too cold.

That's chilly temps here.

Will it be the Mars of Total Recall or Star Trek? Total Recall had that Martian bar, but Star Trek had hologram suites.

Star Trek all the way. I mean, who wouldn't want to romp around in a holo suite?

::yes::

Continued prayers for your MiL.

Thanks

I understand the outdoor mall in Florida or someplace warm, but not here. I don't like shopping, but I don't plan to walk outside when it's freezing. But, I think I remember hearing that retail places make most of their money at certain times of the year.

I use to at The Disney Store in Boston, which was at Faneuil Hall, an outside mall, and while there wasn't a lot of foot traffic during the winter, we did get some. So there are those hardy types that will go to those stores in winter.

I'm curious if the steel wool will keep them away. Apparently, the mice find the peppermint to be an early Christmas party.

I can't remember where I read that, but I've read that they don't like it...so I'm trying it.

Morning folks

Caught the F1 race. Not bad. Some actual passing for a change. Now sitting waiting for my dentist appointment. Hate getting my teeth cleaned but better than the alternative I guess.

I thought the first few laps and they were interesting, the rest of the race wasn't a lot different than most of them.

Hay, y'all...
Starting off one of my long-hour work weeks. The only upside (other then still being -somewhat gainfully- employed) is that I can take a little extra time for the lunch break. So I get to show up over here and annoy y'all.

So... maybe not so much of an upside (from your point of view, at least)

Nah. Just head on out. I'm sure they'll have stuff like that set up when you get there. Or within a reasonable time frame of your arrival.
Yeah, ain't holding my breath.

Literally.
Ain't workin' that one in as part of the bargain.

Like that.
We've done the opposite. Youngest wanted to borrow the car. DW's brand new car. She rear ended someone. We made her pay the insurance deductible. $500. A lot of money for her.
That was one of our possible considerations as well, but he didn't have any positive cash flow at that point in time, so his money was the same as our money. The visual would just have to suffice.

Laughed when the pace car ran out of gas.
An unintentional self-inflicted black eye.
That kind of "oversight" just doesn't too speak well for, the venue.

We have an almost fully functioning kitchen again.
Certainly better than having only one damp match and no kindling.

We're starting the process of reworking our kitchen as well. Most of the appliances have already been replaced and we hope to start on the construction part of it soon. That'll be quite the mess to live with for a bit.

The DMiL is still in the hospital after her stent, and her operation will happen tomorrow I believe
May that go well, and may all of the medical staff be on the top of their game.

I think it'd be cool living on another planet. However, not sure I'd be willing to give up what I have here to do it, though.
Well, it was mostly the lack of beatable air bit of it that had me questioning the proposition.

Well, that and the fact that my DW won't consider making such a journey.
That'd be one a very unacceptable loss.

Replying to my own post. I was just told it won't be included in the contest because it might offend someone.
I picked up the reference right off.
Sorry to hear that you encountered push-back on it though.

Holograms would be better than DNA mutation due to lack of protection from ultraviolet radiation. But they're going to have to figure out the prevention required for the latter before even considering installing the former.

Kind'a depends on who you are and where you are.

I'm not sure if any of the Dis(board) DisDads are aware, but there is a DisDad Club Convention in January.
Yep, we're aware.
Would be fun, but I can never travel that early in January, so it just ain't doable for me. Thanks for keeping us in mind though.

Now sitting waiting for my dentist appointment. Hate getting my teeth cleaned but better than the alternative I guess.
Oh joy...

But yes, much better to do it regularly then just waiting for the almost certain negative outcome.

An unintentional self-inflicted black eye.
That kind of "oversight" just doesn't too speak well for, the venue.
I think it a fun circuit to watch but the number of full course yellows needed in the last 50 laps didn't help the fuel situation with the pace car. Surprising though, it wasn't filled to full to start the race.

You know, I like my boss, he's a nice guy and all, but man he irritates me to no end sometimes. I'm working on a project where I'm moving floor items in the system to an actual location, which makes it easier to find. I created a quick and simple document in Word with 4 columns across where I keep track of part numbers where the physical count and the amount in the system don't match. Creating the document took me all of 5 seconds, but in reality it took me 30 seconds to figure out what I wanted for columns, for example, I have Column 1) Part No.; 2) Inventory System Count; 3) Physical Count; 4) Difference +/- from System Count. That's it. Took me 30 seconds to come up with this, but my boss doesn't like it because he thinks I wasted time coming up with it. I told him, "It's either this, or you read my microscopic messy handwriting. Those are your choices." So annoying.
:sad2:
I am pretty sure I would've said "Oh, sorry. I'll get rid of it."
And then "What's the count on the flimjammers and whingdings?"
"Here you go boss."
"Is that a four or a five?... and is that a two or a seven?"
"Not sure, I'll go count again. Hey! You're right! This is much better."
I thought the first few laps and they were interesting, the rest of the race wasn't a lot different than most of them
There was some action towards the end with Sainz making some ground, but nothing towards the front (as usual).
So I get to show up over here and annoy y'all.

:rolleyes1
Yeah, ain't holding my breath.

Literally.
Ain't workin' that one in as part of the bargain.
:laughing:
Oh joy...

But yes, much better to do it regularly then just waiting for the almost certain negative outcome.
Yeah... I get to go back tomorrow morning because apparently I broke off a small bit of a back molar. Didn't even know.
I think it a fun circuit to watch but the number of full course yellows needed in the last 50 laps didn't help the fuel situation with the pace car.
That was weird.
"Well, Paul, we haven't had a full course yellow here yet."
Immediately followed by a long string of them.

Well Monday is just about in the books. Short week this week as we head out to visit DD on Thursday so a 3-day this week and 4-day next week and can really use the break. DS was home for a couple of days this weekend which was good. Sorry I missed Saturday night but with the boy home thought that might not be the right thing to do so we watched Young Frankenstein which we had not seen in a bit. Stay safe and give the family a big hug when you get the chance!
Morning, Gents! Well, another Monday, another work week. Not much to report. Oh, wait! Yes, I do have something to report: We have an almost fully functioning kitchen again. My friend, the plumber, came by last night to hook up our dishwasher. So now we have 3 of the 4 appliances hooked up and working. We haven't gotten the over the range microwave hooked up yet, but we still have our old one, so we have a fully functioning kitchen. Wwwweeeeeee!!! It's the little things in life. The DMiL is still in the hospital after her stent, and her operation will happen tomorrow I believe, could be today, I just don't remember which. Continued prayers and good vibes for a speedy recovery would be appreciated. Well, that's all I have. Have a good day and we'll chat later.
Continued positive thoughts for you MIL

That was weird.
"Well, Paul, we haven't had a full course yellow here yet."
Immediately followed by a long string of them.

I thought the same thing yesterday, right after he said that came a bunch of yellows. Mostly because they couldn't get a restart that got them cleanly through turns 2 and 3.

I thought the same thing yesterday, right after he said that came a bunch of yellows. Mostly because they couldn't get a restart that got them cleanly through turns 2 and 3.
Man, I sure felt for Andretti. Top three cars all out with glaring driver errors.

Hey, Gents! Well, to paraphrase @budamacdvcr, Monday is in the books and we're now on to Tuesday! YAY! Aren't we all excited? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Well, yesterday we ok, except for getting annoyed at my boss for indicating that I took too much time to create a document for a project I was doing. So annoying. Has no idea that a little extra preparation at the beginning saves time later. Got word yesterday that my DMiL came out of surgery doing ok. The heart valve fix is working, though she has a little flutter in her heart, they guess it's because her heart is getting use to the new mechanics, but otherwise things went well...thanks for the prayers and good vibes. Well, that's all from me. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Hay, y'all...
Starting off one of my long-hour work weeks. The only upside (other then still being -somewhat gainfully- employed) is that I can take a little extra time for the lunch break. So I get to show up over here and annoy y'all.

You're not going to be talking to us while hiding out in the bathroom, are you? I can see it now, Goofy stringing extra-long computer cable in the bathroom so he can hook up his computer. :rotfl:

Certainly better than having only one damp match and no kindling.

We're starting the process of reworking our kitchen as well. Most of the appliances have already been replaced and we hope to start on the construction part of it soon. That'll be quite the mess to live with for a bit.

Eating out got to be too much after a while, too. And have fun with your kitchen.

May that go well, and may all of the medical staff be on the top of their game.

:thumbsup2 They were! Thanks for the good vibes.

Well, it was mostly the lack of beatable air bit of it that had me questioning the proposition.

Well aren't you being picky. 😜:teeth:

Well, that and the fact that my DW won't consider making such a journey.
That'd be one a very unacceptable loss.

Yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me, too.

Holograms would be better than DNA mutation due to lack of protection from ultraviolet radiation. But they're going to have to figure out the prevention required for the latter before even considering installing the former.

I would think NASA's figured out the protection from ultraviolet radiation by now.

:sad2:
I am pretty sure I would've said "Oh, sorry. I'll get rid of it."
And then "What's the count on the flimjammers and whingdings?"
"Here you go boss."
"Is that a four or a five?... and is that a two or a seven?"
"Not sure, I'll go count again. Hey! You're right! This is much better."

Seriously. He just doesn't get it. Taking time at the beginning saves time later.

Well Monday is just about in the books. Short week this week as we head out to visit DD on Thursday so a 3-day this week and 4-day next week and can really use the break. DS was home for a couple of days this weekend which was good. Sorry I missed Saturday night but with the boy home thought that might not be the right thing to do so we watched Young Frankenstein which we had not seen in a bit. Stay safe and give the family a big hug when you get the chance!

Totally a good reason to not Zoom. And have fun on your trip to visit your DD

Continued positive thoughts for you MIL

Thanks

Last edited:
Morning folks.
What’s this “sleep” I keep hearing about. Wouldn’t have minded trying it last night.

Monday is in the books and we're now on to Tuesday! YAY! Aren't we all excited? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
No. Dentist yesterday. He found I’d broken part of a molar. So... dentist today to fix it. Then again, who doesn’t love needles in their mouth?
Got word yesterday that my DMiL came out of surgery doing ok. The heart valve fix is working, though she has a little flutter in her heart, they guess it's because her heart is getting use to the new mechanics, but otherwise things went well...
Good news indeed!

Made it to another cold Tuesday, well, too cold for me.

Huh. Here we’re having a spike so masks are mandated at all public indoor places.

Yeah, there's a mask mandate here as well. Ever since it was issued, the number of cases have increased. Which isn't surprising as testing has increased. The death rate has decreased. Hospitals aren't overrun. Our Governor got caught in a photo wearing a mask under his chin. I guess some are just tired of it and realize that it is thankfully not as bad as originally projected.

That whole hologram suite converting energy into matter poses a challenge.

Kind'a depends on who you are and where you are.

I was going with those who were able to read my drivel on an internet post. Imagine if newscasts or newsfeed reminded people about having shelter, electricity (heat/AC), food, clean drinking water, sewage system, trash removal, etc every time. While there are still those that have to deal with challenges beyond their control, compared to other places in the world, we have it good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!