DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Glad to hear. I was really disappointed in Force Awakens, and skipped Rouge 1 because of it. The last battle scene of Rouge 1 looked great, but not the rest. I was thinking about skipping this one as well. I guess we'll go see it during these holiday weeks.

That's almost the same as me. The force awakens was (to me) the worst SW ever (except maybe episode with jar jar). I almost skipped Rogue 1 as well, but my son convinced me it was one of the best ones of the whole series. Glad I saw it and even saw it some more when it came out on netflix. I'm still not sure about this one. It's really more do I want to pay the crazy movie theatre prices or wait.

Top o' the morning dads.
Short week for me this week. Contract hours will be done Thursday, so I'll be calling it early if someone doesn't call it sooner. Will start wrapping tonight. I hate wrapping, but biting the bullet.

Morning Guys.

Seems like we are stuck in a freeze right now, another frigid morning to start the week.

Last work week of the year, closing up at Noon on Friday; just in time for my parents to arrive for a few days.

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday.

Morning chaps and welcome to the Xmas week from a Sunny Mother country. DS birthday Wednesday, then DLP, then my Birthday and then Xmas, so a busy few days for the English clan. Have a great Monday, hopefully you are all on the wind down into the end of the week.

Are you at DLP for Christmas?

Happy Monday. While things seemed to have slowed at work, the # of family visits has risen exponentially.

Another cold day, tried to do as little as possible.​

And that's why you're in management. :lmao:

This. Love my skiing. Miss it very much. Hopefully the year after next. In your fine country again.

Keep your snow, cold, and skiing. I guess i could learn water skiing and keep warm in Florida.

That's almost the same as me. The force awakens was (to me) the worst SW ever (except maybe episode with jar jar). I almost skipped Rogue 1 as well, but my son convinced me it was one of the best ones of the whole series. Glad I saw it and even saw it some more when it came out on netflix. I'm still not sure about this one. It's really more do I want to pay the crazy movie theatre prices or wait.

Yes, the movies are expensive. We don't go very often, and usually only for the big screen ones like Avengers and Justice League. But, we skipped Dr Strange and Guardians. Some others saw Last Jedi and didn't care for it as much. Now, I'm not so sure.

Cool. You guys use the train to travel to Paris?
No, it's bordering on the usurious this time of year, about 900GBP for the 4 of us. We get the chunnel for the cars, which is 120GBP total. Its about an hour from me where you get on in Kent, and then about 3 hrs the other side. It also lets us stop off on Xmas Eve french hypermarket for the good cheese for the Xmas celebrations....and maybe a cheeky couple of bottles of Chateauneuf.
While we are in Europe we need to take as much advantage of this as possible.
The cool thing is there's a toll road that basically takes you to the turn off for DLP, and the french don't really use it as they use the smaller roads. So its plain sailing all the way down. Its 20 Euros, but that's more than worth it.

Are they far away? Have you always been around NB?

It is about a 2 hour drive. We weren't sure if they would come because my father has had some health issues over the last few years and he doesn't like to travel much anymore.

I've been in NB my entire life. We grew up in the Southeastern portion in Moncton; all my family is still there. I came to Fredericton (our capital which is on the western side) in the mid 80s and have been here ever since. DW is from here and her immediate family live here as well.

I've been in NB my entire life. We grew up in the Southeastern portion in Moncton; all my family is still there. I came to Fredericton (our capital which is on the western side) in the mid 80s and have been here ever since. DW is from here and her immediate family live here as well.
Cool, it's nice to have have firm roots. I think the closest I've been to there is Bar Harbor with the rowdy neighbours.

Morning chaps and welcome to the Xmas week from a Sunny Mother country. DS birthday Wednesday, then DLP, then my Birthday and then Xmas, so a busy few days for the English clan.
Holy crap.
DD’s birthday tomorrow, but that’s it for us.

Holy crap.
DD’s birthday tomorrow, but that’s it for us.
Yeah, its a bit full on. The kids holidays are mighty tight on Xmas this year, and we can't pull them out early as we are keeping our powder dry for the Georgia trip.

Cool, it's nice to have have firm roots. I think the closest I've been to there is Bar Harbor with the rowdy neighbours.

Bar Harbour is a beautiful spot. You will have to make it up this way sometime and join us for a beverage or two.

Bar Harbour is a beautiful spot. You will have to make it up this way sometime and join us for a beverage or two.
Definitely mate. Bar Harbor was lovely. I think it was there I saw the true impact of cruises on a town. One morning we were ambling down the street with not a soul to be seen, and in the afternoon it was like Macy's on Black Friday. And then about 7 o'clock it was dead again. We are aiming for Tremblant in 2019 Jan, if you fancy a cheeky ski weekend...

Definitely mate. Bar Harbor was lovely. I think it was there I saw the true impact of cruises on a town. One morning we were ambling down the street with not a soul to be seen, and in the afternoon it was like Macy's on Black Friday. And then about 7 o'clock it was dead again. We are aiming for Tremblant in 2019 Jan, if you fancy a cheeky ski weekend...

You never know. DW doesn't ski but a weekend away may interest her. We are hoping to hit Europe in about 4 or 5 years.

You never know. DW doesn't ski but a weekend away may interest her. We are hoping to hit Europe in about 4 or 5 years.
That would be cool. Tell her the Lady Katharine is a morning skier only. The wine comes out at lunch, and she's in the spa. You can't do Europe without at least a couple of days in London....

That would be cool. Tell her the Lady Katharine is a morning skier only. The wine comes out at lunch, and she's in the spa. You can't do Europe without at least a couple of days in London....

Given that out ancestry is Scottish, Irish and Welsh you can bet on a visit to the UK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!