DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sorry, mis-read something obviously (problem with reading on phone while on bus bouncing around ;))

Norm said he was laughing about someone saying $100 more would cause them not to go back.

I have a problem with it on principle and same issue I have with hospitals charging.
You're already charging more than enough for the room, charging me for parking is just insult to injury and greed. It's not as if I could NOT park there if I'm staying there. I understand for hotels that are in downtown areas where there may not be room to build enough parking, but for rural hotels, hospitals, Disney, it's simply a money grab.

Morning guys. Hope all are well. Dealing with some crap over here, but I'm headed to wdw tomorrow with the family, so it could be worse.

Afternoon Guys.

Storm day here for all of us. We lost power around 3 am and it cam back on just past noon. Had about 18 inches of wet snow overnight with lots of high winds. We had a tree come down across the end of our driveway but the snowplow managed to move it into the ditch. Just glad it fell that way otherwise it would have been on my car. Looking at another 6 to 8 inches today. This time last week I was laying on the beach in Grand Cayman. sigh!

Hope all the NE guys are doing OK.

Hope the damage in your area isn't too bad. These last 2 storms knocked down a lot of trees around here. Landscapers and tree removal companies are about to have a pretty lucrative spring!

I have a problem with it on principle and same issue I have with hospitals charging.
You're already charging more than enough for the room, charging me for parking is just insult to injury and greed. It's not as if I could NOT park there if I'm staying there. I understand for hotels that are in downtown areas where there may not be room to build enough parking, but for rural hotels, hospitals, Disney, it's simply a money grab.

I understand why it bugs people. I guess I just abandon all hopes of anything being affordable when I go down there, so this one really didn't faze me too much. We usually just take ME and their transportation anyways, so I'm not as affected by it, which may be partly why I'm not upset.

Morning guys. Hope all are well. Dealing with some crap over here, but I'm headed to wdw tomorrow with the family, so it could be worse.

Hope the damage in your area isn't too bad. These last 2 storms knocked down a lot of trees around here. Landscapers and tree removal companies are about to have a pretty lucrative spring!

Have a great trip!

No too much damage here that I saw but the snow sure has piled up again.

I think asking resorts guests to pay for parking is a bit much but then again I have only had a car there once. It's not like the have a shortage of parking spaces available and the resorts are priced at a premium as it is.

It always goes way too fast, doesn't it?

It kind of ticks me off. I think it's more of a cumulative effect of raising prices and charging for more and more items or premium "experiences" every year. This comes across as a naked money grab, so it's a turnoff. I'm already paying a premium to stay onsite, now I'm paying even more for the privilege.

It is nickel and diming us and it is ridiculous. Luckily I own DVC.

No, I can't wait to get back home from vacation. NOT.

I hadn't heard this.
Is that $100 flat rate per stay? Or is that based on an average length?

And... agreed... seems a bit much. Unless you're offering covered and/or valet. Then maybe? Or... free at Values, nominal at Mods and more at Deluxes? You pay nothing for parking (usually) at a Best Western... but you will (usually) at a Hilton.

Sorry, mis-read something obviously (problem with reading on phone while on bus bouncing around ;))

Norm said he was laughing about someone saying $100 more would cause them not to go back.

I don't enjoy the price increase either, and it's a complete money grab. And, i guess the link to the article that had $13 parking for value per night, etc. My reaction were to the comments that said "I'm never going back again", as if $100 was the last straw. We can say it's on principle, but they could have just added it to the room costs like they have ticket increases each year and it would have been ok?

Disney is a premium product, they are setting their price point there, and we are all paying it. I guess it's like Apple and the iPhone, although, i don't have one of those. I can't imagine corporations trying to increase profits. :sad2:

Personally, the price increases have changed the way we visit and # of park days. I don't know if it reaches a point where we don't go back. But, we still have 24 more years on that DVC contract? So, we'll at least be at Vero Beach I guess.

So yeah that parking thing sure blew up facebook. I guess it likely won't affect me, since I have never had a car while staying there, but it probably wouldn't deter me from staying on property even if I did have a car. I guess that's what Disney is banking on. It does seem to be a bit of a money grab.

Storm day here for all of us. We lost power around 3 am and it cam back on just past noon. Had about 18 inches of wet snow overnight with lots of high winds. We had a tree come down across the end of our driveway but the snowplow managed to move it into the ditch. Just glad it fell that way otherwise it would have been on my car. Looking at another 6 to 8 inches today. This time last week I was laying on the beach in Grand Cayman. sigh!
We got les than 10cm/4 inches, but it was heavy and wet. DW tried to use the snow blower on it before I got home and she plugged up the chute and broke the shear pins. Not a huge cost, but more of a PITA to fix it.
The worst was that she only got about 1/3 of the driveway done before the blower broke, so I had to shovel the heavy, wet, cement-like slop when I come home. Tried to lift with my legs as much as I could, to save my back, but now my legs are sore.
It's been said before, but worth repeating; I would much rather have a blower than do it by hand.

So yeah that parking thing sure blew up facebook. I guess it likely won't affect me, since I have never had a car while staying there, but it probably wouldn't deter me from staying on property even if I did have a car. I guess that's what Disney is banking on. It does seem to be a bit of a money grab.

We got les than 10cm/4 inches, but it was heavy and wet. DW tried to use the snow blower on it before I got home and she plugged up the chute and broke the shear pins. Not a huge cost, but more of a PITA to fix it.
The worst was that she only got about 1/3 of the driveway done before the blower broke, so I had to shovel the heavy, wet, cement-like slop when I come home. Tried to lift with my legs as much as I could, to save my back, but now my legs are sore.
It's been said before, but worth repeating; I would much rather have a blower than do it by hand.

That's what he said.

Happy Weekend eve eve. Enjoying the start of the tourney, Seton Hall is about to play so I have my SH sweatshirt on. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

T -1. Have a great liftoff.

No too much damage here that I saw but the snow sure has piled up again.

Glad there isn't damage but sucks about the snow.

Personally, the price increases have changed the way we visit and # of park days. I don't know if it reaches a point where we don't go back. But, we still have 24 more years on that DVC contract? So, we'll at least be at Vero Beach I guess.

Mine have also. Two years ago I went once and didn't set foot in the parks. Perfectly content to spend my time at the resorts. This year I have the weekday pass so if it is Saturday or Sunday, you won't see me there. One of the main reasons I am going in October is to get more value out of the pass.

Sorry about the snowblower but you have to give her A for effort in trying to clear the driveway.

Saw on FB that the demise of the Citrus Swirl may be premature. If true I say, Dilly Dilly.

Some interesting BB so far. Miami game was enjoyable and Seton Hall won. Now if the Gators win, it will make for a good day.

Last night in DC ended with a really nice dinner at a great seafood and steakhouse. We saw most of the key sights this week in DC wrapping up at Arlington National Cemetery today - hard to put into words but I guess moving would cover it. Told the kids to think about the life and freedoms we have and that we would not have them if not for the individuals here at Arlington. Hop the families hit by snow are all good and safe. Have a good weekend guys.
Enjoy DaWorld
Happy Weekend eve eve. Enjoying the start of the tourney, Seton Hall is about to play so I have my SH sweatshirt on. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
I hear ya. Hit an Irish Pub this afternoon for a Black and Tan and some of the games. Watching em tonight in hotel.

Saw on FB that the demise of the Citrus Swirl may be premature. If true I say, Dilly Dilly.
Well, I'll say :woohoo: since I'm not British and don't feel like looking it up, but I think it's similar.

Some interesting BB so far. Miami game was enjoyable and Seton Hall won. Now if the Gators win, it will make for a good day.
I didn't know Seton Hall had a baseball team.
:lmao:

Last night in DC ended with a really nice dinner at a great seafood and steakhouse. We saw most of the key sights this week in DC wrapping up at Arlington National Cemetery today - hard to put into words but I guess moving would cover it. Told the kids to think about the life and freedoms we have and that we would not have them if not for the individuals here at Arlington. Hop the families hit by snow are all good and safe. Have a good weekend guys.
Glad you had a good last night!!
I was stationed at the Pentagon for 4 years, so I've been to Arlington several times. I think surreal and humbling might be adequate also.
I have a sticker on my car - Freedom isn't free!
I have a T-shirt - Land of the free because of the brave.

Maybe you can surmise how I feel about the topic?
Eh, we're DISdads, I might have to spell it out. ;)

If you've never heard "Letters from war" by Mark Schultz, it is touching.

Morning boys from a Sunny London. Starting to get into the Madness. Best wishes, congrats, enjoy the vacations......
I can't possibly compete with the amount of double entendre in Jeff's post, it was like a Benny Hill episode in 3 lines. So by all means leave work when you will, it is hereby authorised.

Have a good weekend guys.

Morning boys from a Sunny London. Starting to get into the Madness. Best wishes, congrats, enjoy the vacations......
I can't possibly compete with the amount of double entendre in Jeff's post, it was like a Benny Hill episode in 3 lines. So by all means leave work when you will, it is hereby authorised.

Have a good weekend guys.

Now that you've become a stay at home Dad, you are calling it earlier and earlier all the time. Do you think I could be a stay at home dad even if my son just turned 17?

Now that you've become a stay at home Dad, you are calling it earlier and earlier all the time. Do you think I could be a stay at home dad even if my son just turned 17?
Just give him a lift home once a week. Then the rest of your week is clear for coffee with the yummy mummies.

Morning gents. Internet crapped out yesterday morning. Someone is supposed to be here between 8:00-12:00 to fix it. Annoying but... #firstworldproblems

Just give him a lift home once a week. Then the rest of your week is clear for coffee with the yummy mummies.

“Yummy mummies”
:lmao:

Happy Friday. Glad the week is over.

The pension Bill remains stalled, with the governor calling teachers names on a radio broadcast for protesting. Vowed it ain't over.

Who wouldn't. ::yes::

Mine have also. Two years ago I went once and didn't set foot in the parks. Perfectly content to spend my time at the resorts. This year I have the weekday pass so if it is Saturday or Sunday, you won't see me there. One of the main reasons I am going in October is to get more value out of

I'm hoping to move close enough to take advantage of that as well. But, with price increases, that may not be worth it either. I could head over to CitiWalk at Universal as I like Landshark beer on draft at Margaritaville.

Wassup?!

I hear ya. Hit an Irish Pub this afternoon for a Black and Tan and some of the games. Watching em tonight in hotel.

Sounds fun. Don't have many Irish Pubs around here.

Does Lady Katherine approve you spending time with the yummy mummies? :sad2: Why ain't you calling it anymore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter