DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope the MRI comes out so you can go. May I suggest in addition to hiding the sharp objects, blind instruments can be deadly in the wrong hands. After all, you are not as spry as you were before the injury. Let us know how you make out
Good tip. Cheers mate.
So, good news and bad news. Bad news is I've got to have surgery in the next couple of days, as the tendon even when flexed back has a 2.5cm gap in it , so it's a total rupture. Good news is the quack is fairly confident I will be definitely weight bearing and maybe even boot free by the trip. The S Florida bit is definitely out though mate, as he said that would be the physio start, so he didn't recommend not being in the country.

All the best to the DD, PP, for the J.O.B., C.J. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I've seen people travel on planes with all types of injuries and all types of injuries at Disney...I can't imagine they'd tell you you can't go on vacation.
It was more the timing of the removal of casts and boots mate to be honest rather than the could I physically make it. Worst case scenario that we gamed out on the FPs was I'll go to the parks and just people watch and stroll, if the rides are pushing my luck. Or get from my room to the Tiki terrace and back.

Last edited:
An update on Randall. Joe Masters posted on FB that he is out of surgery and everything went as planned.
That is good to hear.
May he heal up quickly.

The movie theater in Evansville has the pre-order, reclining faux-leather stadium seating. We buy there in advance and drive 30 minutes over. It is worth it.
We've got similar type theaters in the area and I may well try to see it in one of them.
But then again , catching it as a matinee at the regular theater it's only a third the price of the high-end venues.
(I just have to get there before it sells out for the day).

Liquid Nails is murder to get through. In the UK, that stuff is called "Sticks like Sh*t". I kid you not. That's it's brand name.
:laughing: Yeah... we would not be able to get away with that over here.

Forgot to mention, DD has a video conference interview tonight for a job she really wants. If you are so inclined, wish her luck.
I'm inclined...
She'll obviously do a good job, so I'll say:
May the person doing the interview be smart enough and open minded enough to see the talent and potential clearly.

So, good news and bad news. Bad news is I've got to have surgery in the next couple of days, as the tendon even when flexed back has a 2.5cm gap in it , so it's a total rupture. Good news is the quack is fairly confident I will be definitely weight bearing and maybe even boot free by the trip. The S Florida bit is definitely out though mate, as he said that would be the physio start, so he didn't recommend not being in the country.
Rather a mixed bag, there...
Sorry that you got busted up in the first place.
Reschedule the trip if you can.

Afternoon, gents.
Back on after a couple days of just staying off-line mostly.
Hope everyone is either okay, or just not getting worse!

Sorry that you got busted up in the first place.
Reschedule the trip if you can.
Thanks Rob. A date change is not really an option mate, a reschedule would be to probably May next year when the kids are off, so 2/3rds of my 2017 points would disappear. The way I see it, I may not be able to do a few rides. I can live with that.

Sporty game between Russia and Egypt. Tough call on Columbia so early on the game.

I'm inclined...
She'll obviously do a good job, so I'll say:
May the person doing the interview be smart enough and open minded enough to see the talent and potential clearly.

Thanks guys. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks Rob. A date change is not really an option mate, a reschedule would be to probably May next year when the kids are off, so 2/3rds of my 2017 points would disappear. The way I see it, I may not be able to do a few rides. I can live with that.

So WHEN you come over (not if) what is the revised itinerary?

Best of luck CJ to the PP
Good tip. Cheers mate.

It was more the timing of the removal of casts and boots mate to be honest rather than the could I physically make it. Worst case scenario that we gamed out on the FPs was I'll go to the parks and just people watch and stroll, if the rides are pushing my luck. Or get from my room to the Tiki terrace and back.
Best of luck with the surgery and good news on the bulk of the trip.

FOR THE MOMENT, THIS IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION ANYWHERE ELSE.

The kid got the job! While she is training, it will pay a livable wage which doubles after the 7 month training program. The job has to do with sharks and people interacting with them. They had over 150 applicants and did 6 in person interviews. Thirty minutes into the phone call, they told her they wanted her to start last week but could she be there by mid-September. Guess they wanted her. That is about all I can say now. I can let more out in a few days.

The one problem (for me, not her) is the job is in Hawaii. I've delat with the kid being away at school but now she is going to be 4,850 miles away. This will dramatically change my vacation plans. Europe next year is out and my DVC points will be reallocated to Aulani, maybe the Grand California.

The two of us are in shock.

Last edited:
Morning boys from a exhilarated for the first 20 minutes, angry for the next hour and relieved for the last 2 minutes London. Job done.
Back at the hospital today for the MRI on my injury, so it's do or die date for the August trip. If they say I can't go and I have to tell Lady K, my leg is gonna be the least of my worries. I'm hiding all the sharp implements now.

Good story mate, I'm sure he was laughing it up watching 4 guys de-installing 1 AC. Liquid Nails is murder to get through. In the UK, that stuff is called "Sticks like Sh*t". I kid you not. That's it's brand name.

Best of wishes and a bit of pixie dust:tink:, that all is healed by Aug. But if you still have a limp by then, it's rum starting first thing in the morning, and then you be a pirate:thumbsup2

I am not surprised they call liquid nails that:confused: at least since we started carrying Spotted D*** about 25yrs ago :scratchin:rotfl2:.

Best of wishes and a bit of pixie dust:tink:, that all is healed by Aug. But if you still have a limp by then, it's rum starting first thing in the morning, and then you be a pirate:thumbsup2

I am not surprised they call liquid nails that:confused: at least since we started carrying Spotted D*** about 25yrs ago :scratchin:rotfl2:.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Spotted d is disgusting. Reminds me of kindergarten. Good call on the rum.

Last edited:
FOR THE MOMENT, THIS IS NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION ANYWHERE ELSE.

The kid got the job! While she is training, it will pay a livable wage which doubles after the 7 month training program. The job has to do with sharks and people interacting with them. They had over 150 applicants and did 6 in person interviews. Thirty minutes into the phone call, they told her they wanted her to start last week but could she be there by mid-September. Guess they wanted her. That is about all I can say now. I can let more out in a few days.

The one problem (for me, not her) is the job is in Hawaii. I've delat with the kid being away at school but now she is going to be 4,850 miles away. This will dramatically change my vacation plans. Europe next year is out and my DVC points will be reallocated to Aulani, maybe the Grand Floridian.

Congrats to the PP. Congrats and condolences to the PPPP (Proud Pirate Princess' Papa). I think you should just move to Hawaii and become a surfing instructor CJ. ;) Seriously, that is a double edged sword. Look on the bright side...she won't be bringing the mutt you didn't want over for you to take care of if she's that far away.

That's fantastic! Great news! This sounds perfect for her. :woohoo:party::jumping1:

The one problem (for me, not her) is the job is in Hawaii. I've delat with the kid being away at school but now she is going to be 4,850 miles away. This will dramatically change my vacation plans. Europe next year is out and my DVC points will be reallocated to Aulani, maybe the Grand Floridian.

Sucks that she'll be so far away. But having a requirement to visit Hawaii is a nice problem to have. Aulani might be the best resort I've ever stayed in...you'll love it, trust me.

The best kind of shock! Congrats to her!

Good luck. We're all counting on you. Did mine yesterday.
Good luck, hope you get what you want.
What did you get?
My FP booking was successful. Got the two new Toy Story land rides, plus Midway Mania. I got all the rides that will be new to me - Flight of Passage, Navi River, Frozen Ever After, heck even the "new" Soarin' will be new for me. Plus the usual suspects like Everest, 7 Dwarfs, BTMRR, Space Mountain.
I struggled a bit with Hollywood Studios and the Tier system. To get Alien Saucers, Slinky Dog, and Mania - all tier 1 - I had to burn up 3 days worth of FP, and after Star Tours, RnRC, and ToT, there's not much else worth using a FP on. So I doubled down on Star Tours and got a Fantasmic, which people say isn't really worth it.
Epcot was somewhat similar with FEA and Soarin on tier 1. I didn't get a Test Track FP because I didn't have a third day of FP to burn at Epcot, so I'm hoping to do a stand by rope drop.

Sorry about the bad news part, but at least you won't have to cancel the trip entirely. Hope it all goes well for you.

The kid got the job!
Awesome news. I can imagine you must have mixed feelings about her moving so far away. But it's something all us Dads may have to face at some point, I guess.

A bit of a sleepless night last night. She opened a bottle of wine and I had a bourbon. Not sure if the kid's feet have yet to touch the ground.

After the first set of matches, I have made my decision.... I am all in on the waffle eaters, fry munchers and beer drinkers. Yes, Belgium. Also will hope for good things for England, Spain, Portugal and the Aussies. Hoping a sinkhole opens on the field to the Flopping Frogs, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and the Rooskies. If it was the women's tournament I would be all in on the Danes and Swedes.

Amazing!!!
Many congrats to the PP, she’s obviously a superstar. Crack open a bottle of bubbly.
That’s a long way though mate, that’s got to be a bit bittersweet. All the best brother.

Congrats to the PP. Congrats and condolences to the PPPP (Proud Pirate Princess' Papa). I think you should just move to Hawaii and become a surfing instructor CJ. ;) Seriously, that is a double edged sword. Look on the bright side...she won't be bringing the mutt you didn't want over for you to take care of if she's that far away.

That's fantastic! Great news! This sounds perfect for her. :woohoo:party::jumping1:

The best kind of shock! Congrats to her!

Awesome news. I can imagine you must have mixed feelings about her moving so far away. But it's something all us Dads may have to face at some point, I guess.

That is most excellent...
Heck, it even makes my day.
(and were I anywhere near a proper libation, I'd be raising a toast in her honor; maybe this evening.)

Thanks guys. It is a big step for her but it is also the perfect job. I wish it was closer but I will get to visit Hawaii, so that doesn't suck. A Deluxe Studio at Aulani in May is 266 points for two weeks. Add a few days at her place and maybe a side trip to Kona it would make a nice 3 week vacation.

Funny when we flew out to Hawaii for her high school graduation trip (that seems forever ago) when I went to the back of the plane to get a beverage, the flight attendant asked me if this was my first trip to Hawaii. She said you are going to love it and will want to come back. I told her this was probably a one off as I really like Europe. Guess I was wrong.

My FP booking was successful.

I think that is an understatement. Well done.

My FP booking was successful. Got the two new Toy Story land rides, plus Midway Mania. I got all the rides that will be new to me - Flight of Passage, Navi River, Frozen Ever After, heck even the "new" Soarin' will be new for me. Plus the usual suspects like Everest, 7 Dwarfs, BTMRR, Space Mountain.
I struggled a bit with Hollywood Studios and the Tier system. To get Alien Saucers, Slinky Dog, and Mania - all tier 1 - I had to burn up 3 days worth of FP, and after Star Tours, RnRC, and ToT, there's not much else worth using a FP on. So I doubled down on Star Tours and got a Fantasmic, which people say isn't really worth it.
Epcot was somewhat similar with FEA and Soarin on tier 1. I didn't get a Test Track FP because I didn't have a third day of FP to burn at Epcot, so I'm hoping to do a stand by rope drop.

Good work! I'm only doing one day in HS, so I figured the Slinky coaster would be the FP to get. Stupid tiers.

Morning gents.

The kid went out tagging today and they got two sandbars, a reef shark, a blacknose and a juvenile tiger. This is the juvie Tiger. The markings on the juveniles are much pronounced and they fade as the shark gets older.

View attachment 331007

On her way over here for the video interview.

We keep telling you she’s bada$$.

The kid got the job!

All right! Congrats!

They had over 150 applicants and did 6 in person interviews. Thirty minutes into the phone call, they told her they wanted her to start last week

Impressive.

GIttLnm_d.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!