DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

For our upcoming trip we are spending 11 days (10 nights) and purchased 10-day Park Hopper Plus tickets. Since the 10-day is the most days (for the U.S. customers) on a ticket, if we wanted to do EVERY day in a park we would have to go to APs (which I have NO problem with) and as we draw closer (we leave in 7 days) DW is wanting to go to a park every day. But the cost-analysis proved the APs would not be cost-effective, since we are not planning on going back within a year. :sad: I had planned a relaxing first day at the AoA pool, then head over to POR to Boatwright's for dinner and then watch YeHaa Bob Jackson's show at 8:30 pm.

Today we found out that our friend in the Disney College Program has two 1-day park hoppers that expire the day after we arrive. She asked if we wanted them. This changes the whole dynamic! DW asked me if we could upgrade our (mine and her) tickets to APs and let the kids use the 1-day passes for our first day. I told her I would do that only if it meant she and I would go back to The World within a year. She said yes! Woo Hoo! :banana: So now I am pressing her so we can attend DDCC in January. Wish me luck!

[So now we will go to DHS on our first day for a few hours before heading to POR to see Yehaa Bob.]

Last edited:
Sorry, Dan, I missed this earlier. Weight-bearing and boot-free by the trip sounds like the best case. Let's hope that pans out! Good luck with the surgery. Make sure they give you some Wolverine claws or something while they're working on you. My daughter's doctor refused for some reason.
He was clearly some kind of communist. I'll see what they've got. A stretchy achilles would be a start.
Called them today and said I'd like to put down $547.53 and they hung up on me.
I'll call them tomorrow and ask them if they do layaway. We should be moving in about 2189.
Sorry, won't be crying for Argentina.
Truth is, they never left you.

Home from a busy week on campus. While the faculty are away and play, I still get to go work. Another 560 miles down. I'm on the couch with a double bourbon.

And, the knee is doing better. Feels ok walking, but hurt cutting the grass. Dr said 6-8 weeks and it might be the best it will get w/o surgery. I can handle the surgery & rehab, it's the bill that hurts now.

Thanks all for the well wishes on the retirement. It's been awhile since there has been a win. KY legislature only convenes every two years for "long" session which includes budget. Governor could just wait until then and then try to pass it again in 2020. That's still two years short of retirement though.

For our upcoming trip we are spending 11 days (10 nights) and purchased 10-day Park Hopper Plus tickets. Since the 10-day is the most days (for the U.S. customers) on a ticket, if we wanted to do EVERY day in a park we would have to go to APs (which I have NO problem with) and as we draw closer (we leave in 7 days) DW is wanting to go to a park every day. But the cost-analysis proved the APs would not be cost-effective, since we are not planning on going back within a year. :sad: I had planned a relaxing first day at the AoA pool, then head over to POR to Boatwright's for dinner and then watch YeHaa Bob Jackson's show at 8:30 pm.

Today we found out that our friend in the Disney College Program has two 1-day park hoppers that expire the day after we arrive. She asked if we wanted them. This changes the whole dynamic! DW asked me if we could upgrade our (mine and her) tickets to APs and let the kids use the 1-day passes for our first day. I told her I would do that only if it meant she and I would go back to The World within a year. She said yes! Woo Hoo! :banana: So now I am pressing her so we can attend DDCC in January. Wish me luck!

[So now we will go to DHS on our first day for a few hours before heading to POR to see Yehaa Bob.]

That is some good news as well. I'm hoping for APs one year. However, Disney has just continued to price me out. It was the first time we had ever been on 10 day vacation, although 3 were at the beach. Maybe when it is just DW and I, then we could afford it. Maybe.

Some welcome good news today. Governor Thanos lost in Court today. The Pension Bill passed was found unconstitutional. So, no pension changes and previous system remains in place. Thanos said that he will appeal, but that has to go to KY Supreme Court, and there is no time frame or requirement that they even take the case. If they delay 2 years, then perhaps he will be voted out of office.
Great news, really happy for you.
Happy Thursday folks. Sorry to say I did a little bit of celebrating yesterday and am a bit rough today.
Don’t be sorry - well deserved!

Nice and good luck for the DDCC

I'm a bit puzzled by this..a 10 day park hopper plus...isn't that MORE than an annual pass? I know when we went in Feb, I upgraded PR's 3 day tickets (not park hopper) to AP and it wasn't that much more (I think it was like $250 more than what the 3 day tickets had cost). We got the DVC price, but still.

Free tickets --- score!
DDCC - :woohoo: hope to see you there.

Morning Guys.

The school year is wrapping up. DS was done last week, DW has her last day with students today and finished next Tuesday for the summer. It's times like this I wonder why I'm not a teacher.

Have a good one.

Happy Friday guys. DD has to go to the Keys for a presentation and I might tag along and play a bit. This Hawaii thing is just sinking in. She has a ton of stuff to do before September.

Congrats on the trip.

Good luck, it would be great for you to join us.

And, the knee is doing better. Feels ok walking, but hurt cutting the grass. Dr said 6-8 weeks and it might be the best it will get w/o surgery. I can handle the surgery & rehab, it's the bill that hurts now.

At least part of that is good news. Surgery in about 2 months?

Just booked POP for last weekend of Oct for DW Bday:rolleyes1, 3 days 2 nights, 1st night dinner at Shula's on her Bday:smooth:, 2nd night MNSSHP:thumbsup2, added with Epcot's F&W it should be a Great weekend:dancer::drinking1:drinking::worship::rotfl2:

It has all the making of a great weekend.

It's times like this I wonder why I'm not a teacher.

Its not the last day of school, it is when you go back for the first day and have to deal with the monsters.

Got a FB post from Brian. In a message Jodi said he was walking around a bit the day after surgery without using a walker. I'm assuming that he is continuing to recover nicely.

Have a great weekend gents - after today basically only one more work week after today. Boy do I need it! Have a great weekend guys.
Morning, gents.
Just realized it’s Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
You too
Happy Friday guys. DD has to go to the Keys for a presentation and I might tag along and play a bit. This Hawaii thing is just sinking in. She has a ton of stuff to do before September.
Sounds like fun in the Keys. And yes, all kinds of things that have to be done we the officially move out. Good luck with the distance thing in terms of her getting a place, vehicle, etc. More I think of the other things I am glad I am not you.
Hey guys
Someone else can call it today. Not in a funny mood.

Have a good weekend.
You too, hope all is o.k.
Got a FB post from Brian. In a message Jodi said he was walking around a bit the day after surgery without using a walker. I'm assuming that he is continuing to recover nicely.
Thanks for the update, was gonna ask the same question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts