Dde

marathonmommy

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with DVC to order an annual pass for me and my DD. I also asked for the DDE. The woman said I have to wait for the AP to come as there is a voucher number on it that I need when I order the DDE. Does anyone have any experience as to how quick the turnaround is? We are leaving on August 23, and if I don't get it in time, I don't want it. (The DVC person read that is would take 2-3 weeks. Just wondering if anyone out there has personal experience with this.)

Once you get your APs, you can contact the DDE department -- check DVC member web site or allears.net for the number. You probably won't get the card in-time, but they can get you a letter that will be more than sufficient for you to get the DDE discount. No worries!

If there won't be time to receive the card before you leave, the CM can arrange for a temporary card. You just pick that up at the main entrance to EPCOT.

Best wishes -

pplasky said:
Any other spots to pick it up. EPCOT will be inconveniant for us.
I just ordered mine last week, and I will be arriving a few days after you. I was told the same thing.

However, I remember reading some time ago that they would fax or email you a confirmation that you ordered the card. I remember people saying they used these with success.

I have also been reading that people are now receiving their DDE within a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

JandD Mom said:
..(snip)....However, I remember reading some time ago that they would fax or email you a confirmation that you ordered the card. I remember people saying they used these with success........
They stopped doing that - apparently the fax/email letters were being abused somehow.

AFAIK, EPCOT is the the only place you can pick up the temporary cards.

Best wishes -

For anyone who has joined DDE lately, may I ask what your expiration date will be? I'm wondering if we wait until after Aug 1 to join is our expirartion date will be a month later than if we joined in July?

Thanks!

I ordered the DDE card on July 8th - was told they no longer fax or e-mail a temporary authorization. If I did not receive the card in time for our trip I could pick up a temp card at Epcot Guest Services (only the one at the main Epcot entrance - I asked about the Guest Services desk at the International Gateway entrance and they won't have the DDE temp cards there).

The actual card arrived yesterday, July 22nd, so it is only taking 2 weeks or so and well in time for our trip. The expiration on the DDE cards is August 31, 2006.

We ordered ours in April, we got our letter within a week, got the cards within 3 weeks, and it expires one year from issue. I.e. Ours expires in May 06.

We love DDE! We saved $10-$15 on every meal on our last visit. I felt as if we were able to get 'deluxe' meals for a 'moderate' price. It's already paid for itself and we are going home 2 more times before it expires. :mickeybar

Wow Beacher you are lucky. I ordered ours on July 5th because in an earlier conversation back in June, the CM told me since we are not traveling until August and may want to go again next August, I should order the week of July 4th. Well, I did order on the 5th and just got the cards yesterday (really quick). However, our expiration is July 31, which kind of bummed me out.

poohj80, I would ask them when it will expire when you are ordering because it seems that when they took about 8 weeks to get to people, they were giving you about 13 months from the time you called. For example, I remember people saying they called in Jan. and the expiration was end of Feb. and people who called in Feb. got expirations in March, etc. However, as I said, when I called July 5th, my expiration is for July31, 06. Oh well, I guess I am lucky it only took less than 3 weeks to get here.

Good Luck everyone and happy dining!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter