DDP and kid's appetizers?

pperfectmom

<font color=teal>Has the sense of direction of a m
I know this has probably been covered, but, at TS restaurants(specifically Coral Reef and Le Cellier) are kid's allowed to order off the regular appetizer list? I didn't see any listed on the children's menu. I'm trying to determine which meals we will pay OOP to make best use of our credits. We can either let our DD(3) and DS(1) eat from our plates at those two restaurants and pay OOP for only one child buffet or use the TS credits for DD at CR and LC and let brother share and then pay OOP for 3 buffets. Another thing to consider even if we choose to not use her credits at those 2 restaurants is we would still order her the kids dessert. I don't want her to miss out on those!

well, you've got me confused w/all the sharing and eating off plates and one buffet or three etc... but that's okay 'cause i have the short answer to what i think your question is...

MAYBE! and/or IT DEPENDS!

we had dinner at lecellier twice... the first time ds was not permitted to have an adult appy unless we paid oop for it... second time our server said "sure!"

Gigi is correct: Maybe and/or It depends.

Please don't think I'm totally inept at math. I should have stated that we will definately be paying OOP for one kid's buffet. The other two depend on whether or not we use a TS credit at LC and CR for our DD. Sorry about the confusion. I'm so wrapped up in planning our trip that I am perpetually confused! :confused3 We are going during free dining which is great :cheer2: ,but will still be on a low budget. I just want to make sure we don't end up spending too much OOP. I've read varying reports about whether you get enough food to share with 2 small children at TS restaurants.We are pretty big eaters. DD and DS can both put away the food most of the time.

I'm going through the the same thing right now. This is what i figured out. It's cheaper to pay for a kids meal then a kids buffet. We are having our kids share 2 meals that we will pay for oop. one at cr or wolfgang (depends on the app thing) one @ 50's prime time. Then @ wc I'm just going to let them eat (most ;) ) of our apps. Also I have heard that you get so much food that i'm sure i will be wiling to share my dessert w/ them & if I'm not (esp @ cr) then they can use a snack credit to get a dessert in the park after the meal or at ws @ epcot get candy from around the world. Also if I fear that sharing a meal won't be enough for them we are packing a small suitecase full of food (stuff to make pb&J's bagels granola bars etc.) and I will just give them a pb&J. Also the suitcase will be emty @ the end and we will have extra room for all the fun stuff we buy. I know it's so hard planning all of this, you need charts and graphs. Hope some of this helps.

That sounds like a good plan except my kids would never be happy with peanut butter and I would feel guilty eating dessert without sharing, or, if that's not an option, buying them one of their own. I feel like our best bet is to use the TS credit at the nice restaurants IF they let us order an appetizer. That way both kids can share all the appetizers, one childs entree and a nice dessert. It would definately be more expensive to pay OOp for that choice than a $12 buffet.

maybe my math is "off" but i see ordering a kids' meal/kids' dessert cheaper than a kids' buffet...
i.e. LeCellier
(comes w/fries or corn)
Cheeseburger- $4.99
Campfire S'mores - $3.99
$9 as opposed to $12 for buffet... plus you are adding tax/tip to $9, not $12... plus they can share your appetizers and even skip the kids' dessert and share the two adult desserts between the four of you (what our family does almost everywhere at home and at wdw)... i'd say go oop for the sit-down and save the credits for the buffet...

Yes, I suppose you are right on target. My kids would want a steak or chicken and not a burger, but we could definately share appetizers and dessert. If the entrees at CR and LC are big we wouldn't have to order them an entree either. Both kids will eat just about anything and are always willing to eat Mom and Dad's food. How big are the entrees anyway?

pperfectmom said:
That sounds like a good plan except my kids would never be happy with peanut butter and I would feel guilty eating dessert without sharing, or, if that's not an option, buying them one of their own. I feel like our best bet is to use the TS credit at the nice restaurants IF they let us order an appetizer. That way both kids can share all the appetizers, one childs entree and a nice dessert. It would definately be more expensive to pay OOp for that choice than a $12 buffet.

Well peanut butter or whatever, another option would be to have the kids split a cs shortly before ts time. As fare as odering an app it's the luck of the draw i guess. Also as as other stated it costing $9+ tip oop for ts as oppose to $12 +tip for buffet the ts they can share at a buffet they cannot so that would be $24 + tip. & i was just kidding I would never sit and eat a dessert if front of my kids and not share but I could explain that they are not getting there own because they are getting candy around the world ( or whatever) I hope you are able to figure it all out I know it can be mind boggeling (sp?) We just did all of our ADRS the other day. Now I can have my brain back and focus on other things!! :Pinkbounc

I think I've got it figured out :banana: . We will be eating a very early dinner at Le Cellier so may not even eat lunch. I think there we will use DD's TS credit so we can get 2 apps and the cheddar cheese soup if they let her order an app. She and DS can share an entree and a dessert. I just like the looks of their menu so much and think we would all benefit from getting as many different things as we can. At Coral Reef the kids will be into the fish tank so we will not use DD's credit there. Also, we will be having Chef Mickey for breakfast that day and touring the booths at the F & W festival so we probably will not be as hungry. With this plan we will only pay OOP for DD's buffet at Boma and Chef Mickey. DS will be eating free at the buffets since he will just be 19 months then. Of course, I might still change my mind and pay OOP for DD at LC if they do not let us order her an appetizer and save the credit for a buffet. I can't believe how obsessed I am with this. My DH thinks that I am totally nuts :Pinkbounc ! Anyway,thanks everyone for your opinions and I'm still open to suggestions.

Are there any TS where kids are offered an app.? Do you just ask if your child gets to order an app.? I thought it was App., Entree, Dessert and Non-A lcholic drink for everyone on the plan. It is only the adults?

(I know we paid more for the adults.)

Luv'sTink said:
Are there any TS where kids are offered an app.? Do you just ask if your child gets to order an app.? I thought it was App., Entree, Dessert and Non-A lcholic drink for everyone on the plan. It is only the adults?

(I know we paid more for the adults.)

I know that there are some rest. that offer kids apps if you go on allears.net they have the menu's. At the other rest. that don't offer kids apps I hear that it just depends on the server if they get one off the adult menu or not.

gigi1313 said:
maybe my math is "off" but i see ordering a kids' meal/kids' dessert cheaper than a kids' buffet...
i.e. LeCellier
(comes w/fries or corn)
Cheeseburger- $4.99
Campfire S'mores - $3.99
$9 as opposed to $12 for buffet... plus you are adding tax/tip to $9, not $12... plus they can share your appetizers and even skip the kids' dessert and share the two adult desserts between the four of you (what our family does almost everywhere at home and at wdw)... i'd say go oop for the sit-down and save the credits for the buffet...

It depends on the buffet. At LeC my kids were not allowed to order an app--they ate a ton of bread though :cool1: Each meal was 4.99, each dessert was 3.99, and I believe the drinks were 2.49 each(my kids drink milk with meals). So by the time tax and tip etc I spent $1 tax and 2.50 tip, each child was $15. It would have been essentially the same as Chef Mickeys dinner for 12.99 per kid. At LeC there was no app my kids would want to share and the desserts there are not large. My DH had the Happiest Celebration cake which has alcohol and I had the maple creme brulee which was not big enough to share. The kids desserts were bigger than mine.... It was their favorite restaurant adn they loved teh dessert. I thought it was going to be easier doing OOP at places like this but for us it was better paying OOP for the fixed cost places that included drinks like Chef Mi and O'Hana breakfast. It also completely decreased my thinking about the whole issue at every meal once I figured out it really didn't matter more than $1 one way or another. We paid so much for a nice fun vacation I didn't see the point of making the kids share teh desserts the adults wanted to save literally $5. The kids loved the kid oriented desserts. Even when I was full and only etaing a few bites of dessert I liked picking what I wanted. And no one is coming between me and my maple creme brulee :cloud9:

Yvonne

We just returned from our trip to (5/20-5/30) WDW and had a great experience at all the TS restaurants. Regarding Le Cellier, all the kids had the chedder cheese soup appetizer; at Boatwrights (Port Orleans-Riverside) we were told it was one of the few restaurants the kids could order off of the adult menu!! (my daughter had prime rib! :thumbsup2 ) At the Kona Cafe, one of our best meals, the kids all ordered the potstickers, and they could have ordered anything. Our last table service meal, at Whispering Canyon Cafe, we were stuffed from days of DDP, and the 5 of us shared the quesadilla and nacho appetizers, which was more than enough. It does depend on your server and that is the biggest problem we had with what they charge you for. We ordered a non alcholic pina colada at Boma, after asking what my son's choices for drinks would be, and we were charged for it. (the manager did refund our charge however, once we questioned it). At Kona Cafe, the kids got shirley temples and smoothies without a charge. The meal plan is great, if you plan ahead, but there are still problems with consistancy from place to place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter