DDP and online check-in

leebee

DIS Veteran
We are booked at ASMusic with park tickets and DDP. Flight lands at 5:45pm, we're taking DME, and we are hoping to get to AK for 8:45pm Rivers of Light. I thought that I'd check-in online so I won't have to waste time at ASMu when we get there. I know that my park tickets are linked to and active on my MB, but will my dining plan also be activated and ready to go? We are hoping to do online ordering at Flame Tree BBQ from the bus on our way to AK.

Bumping this for anyone with recent experience to respond. Last fall we did online check in and went right to a park . Our ddp credits didn't show up on our MDE until mid day. We are spending our first night offsite next trip and don't want to have to go to the resort to physically check in before park opening.

From other ddp threads on the forum, the suggestion seems to be that the ddp should load to your magicband, but if it hasn’t, charge the meal to your room and ask guest services to rectify it afterward.

but will my dining plan also be activated and ready to go? We are hoping to do online ordering at Flame Tree BBQ from the bus on our way to AK.

The mobile ordering is the part that may mess with this plan. The dining plan SHOULD be there, but if not, it won't show up as a form of payment when you do the mobile order. Since mobile ordering charges directly to your credit card (NOT your room), I don't think guest services would be able to fix it for you later.

All that to say, try it. If there is no dining plan in your payment options, then you'll have to choose if you want to pay OOP for that meal or wait and order when you get there and use your DDP.

Did a room only at French quarter 3/7 before moving to Polynesian that had tickets and dining attached. I went straight to MK never checked in to poly all dining credits were there in morning. Online ordering you can see the total $0 if dining is linked before you purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter