DDP vs TIW price breakdowns

Lee Matthews

DIS Veteran
Hi All

of course we know neither is currently available, but I'm trying to work out numbers so I have a better idea.

Husbands so keen on DDP. Probably regular or Plus and im not so sure. Being a DVC member we should hopefully get access to Tables in Wonderland card.

I know there's a lot of people on here who are great with numbers, Im trying to figure out a daily price comparison for say an adult on DDP vs TIW. When you consider that TIW covered the tip of 20% the savings between the 2 will be whatever I budget for tips on a 2 week trip.

We will want to do a couple of Character meals. Hoop De Doo Review, California Grill. Odd alcoholic drink.

Does anyone have any better analysis on price breakdowns?

Well, I mean ultimately, it comes down to where you're going to go and what you're going to order. That math isn't that hard.

That said, unless you're really milking DDP for its maximum value, historically TiW tends to do better if you're going to get over a week's use out of it (absorbing the up-front cost) and certainly provides a lot more flexibility. I can help you run the math if you like, but I'd be shocked if TiW wasn't the better option.

Edited to add: let me put it this way - while I'm generally a proponent of DDP, if I was going for a week or more and had access to TiW, I wouldn't hesitate to use TiW over DDP.

Last edited:
Depends on how you eat. We stopped doing DDP and just used our TiW. We always felt forced to order too much and focus on expensive items on the DDP in order to break even, we no longer were interested in most the buffets or character meals. We like appetizers, not dessert and we appreciate the discount at all the bars/lounges with food. We could make a meal at them.

I'll be curious to see if TiW even comes back .... could be we'll get just the AP Dining Discounts.

Unless you always want an entre, drink, and dessert at every meal; TIW will be better.

Maybe we will drink water and split an appetizer and one entre. It depends on how hungry we are. TIW is just a lot more flexible.

It.s easy to save money on DDP for an occasional meal or day. But over many days, with many people, you may not all ales eat the most expensive entree, always want alcohol and dessert.

So most families will realize better long term savings from TIW.
Here is the difference: DDP: You are Pre-paying for certain entitlements. If you maximize those entitlements, you save money. But decide do skip alcohol at a meal, or skip a couple desserts, or have an appetizer as your meal. Decide you want 8 QS and 6 TS instead of 7+7. Don’t eat exactly 2 snacks per day? Then you are “wasting” your Pre-payment.
TIW: after paying 1-time fee, you get a nice discount over anything you order, whether you order more or less.

Been going to Disney since 1998 but I'm not familiar with TIW. We've used the DDP before and it really paid off for us. Especially when it was free!! Can someone let me know what TIW means?
Thanks!!!

Been going to Disney since 1998 but I'm not familiar with TIW. We've used the DDP before and it really paid off for us. Especially when it was free!! Can someone let me know what TIW means?
Thanks!!!
Tables In Wonderland. It's a discount card available to annual pass holders that saves, I believe, 20% on pretty much any restaurant purchase, including appetizers and alcohol. The card costs (or cost) $75 or so annually. It's more flexible than DDP because you're not locked into specific entitlements. But like I said, you need to use it for a week or more because of that upfront cost. That should be easy enough for an AP holder, of course.

Tables In Wonderland. It's a discount card available to annual pass holders that saves, I believe, 20% on pretty much any restaurant purchase, including appetizers and alcohol. The card costs (or cost) $75 or so annually. It's more flexible than DDP because you're not locked into specific entitlements. But like I said, you need to use it for a week or more because of that upfront cost. That should be easy enough for an AP holder, of course.
Thanks! Never too old to learn!

It's also available to DVC owners and FL residents. It was $150 for most people before Covid. It also covers valet parking when dining.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter