Dealing with blisters?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I wasn’t sure where to post this. I’m having serious blister trouble on my feet this solo trip.

Any tips for dealing with existing blisters? Preventing them from worsening? I tried wearing two socks as my socks are thin and placing bandaids on the area.

I only brought one pair of shoes (WHYYYY), and I think they’re the culprit. Even though I’ve worn them before. Second question - would you buy another pair of shoes at WDW?

Moleskin! Moleskin the heck out of your feet - where ever there may be a "hot spot" or sore spot even if not blistered yet.
Blister bandaids! the ones with the gel cushion. (not sure the gift shops on site carry these). The cloth or bandaid tape-tape each toe if there's a problem to keep them from rubbing against each other.

What kind of shoes did you bring? I'd maybe consider a different pair just for the relief that pressure would be in different spots. It might be worth the hassle and time and money to go offsite (uber) and get supplies (moleskin, better bandaids, even the bandaid tape, along with a foot soak) and new shoes with more selection. Especially if you have several days left of touring. Your poor feet will thank you! disclaimer-I bring several pairs that I wear alot prior to going, but ever since both pairs of my beloved Clark sandals have worn out-and I can't find the exact same styles-I have had issues with blisters too. heck I even broke my toe last trip and didn't know it until ride home when I realized how swollen my foot had gotten after sitting in car a few hours. Feet were always with some pain so I didn't notice!

Moleskin! Moleskin the heck out of your feet - where ever there may be a "hot spot" or sore spot even if not blistered yet.
Blister bandaids! the ones with the gel cushion. (not sure the gift shops on site carry these). The cloth or bandaid tape-tape each toe if there's a problem to keep them from rubbing against each other.

What kind of shoes did you bring? I'd maybe consider a different pair just for the relief that pressure would be in different spots. It might be worth the hassle and time and money to go offsite (uber) and get supplies (moleskin, better bandaids, even the bandaid tape, along with a foot soak) and new shoes with more selection. Especially if you have several days left of touring. Your poor feet will thank you! disclaimer-I bring several pairs that I wear alot prior to going, but ever since both pairs of my beloved Clark sandals have worn out-and I can't find the exact same styles-I have had issues with blisters too. heck I even broke my toe last trip and didn't know it until ride home when I realized how swollen my foot had gotten after sitting in car a few hours. Feet were always with some pain so I didn't notice!

Thank you for your suggestions and experience! I’ve probably already waited to long to extend the effort. I leave on Monday.

I will definitely search for some moleskin pads on property though. At the least, I’ll apply a lot more bandaids. The one area that really needs cushioning is on the sole of my foot, so ugh. I’ll see what the gift store has tomorrow.

I’ve traveled with three different pairs of shoes the last two trips. This time I foolishly decided I didn’t need to waste the luggage room. Oh how I wish I had.

Seconding Moleskin. The stuff is utterly amazing. Somebody on Usenet recommended it before my first WDW trip, so I brought some along, and it turned out to be necessary.

I keep some in my travel bag now. I haven't needed it in years, but I don't travel without it.

I got a horrible blister this past May. Mine was located on the bottom of my foot under the toes. So no matter what shoe I wore it irritated it. I went to first aid at MK and the nurse there was awesome. She gave me pads to stick on my shoes plus lots of special bandages. I was able to make it the remaining four days. I hope you get relief.

I got a horrible blister this past May. Mine was located on the bottom of my foot under the toes. So no matter what shoe I wore it irritated it. I went to first aid at MK and the nurse there was awesome. She gave me pads to stick on my shoes plus lots of special bandages. I was able to make it the remaining four days. I hope you get relief.
Oooh I hadn’t even thought of going to the aid station! I might do that tomorrow.

I know it’s too late for you OP but I swear but cloth adhesive tape. The good, inch wide, shiny type with almost a satin finish. I typically get blisters in the same spots no matter what shoes I wear, so I started putting tape on before hitting the parks the first day. If I feel a spot starting to get uncomfortable that I haven’t taped, I tape it right away. I haven’t had any issues since I’ve started doing that. I hope you are pain free soon!

What about bodyglide? I use that for other parts of my body (prevents chafing). I've rubbed it on my feet too and never had blisters. Next time you might want to consider this. In the meantime, maybe you can uber to a drug store and buy moleskin?

What about bodyglide? I use that for other parts of my body (prevents chafing). I've rubbed it on my feet too and never had blisters. Next time you might want to consider this. In the meantime, maybe you can uber to a drug store and buy moleskin?
I swear by bodyglide for my feet. I know it's too late for it since you've already got the blisters but it is the best thing I've found for preventing them in the first place.

Can someone tell me where to find Glide or moleskin? I can’t seem to locate it anywhere. I have a feeling I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

Can someone tell me where to find Glide or moleskin? I can’t seem to locate it anywhere. I have a feeling I’m not sure what I’m looking for.

Body glide: most sporting-goods stores should have it, probably around the running or biking supplies. It looks like a deodorant stick.

Moleskin: most pharmacies should have it, near the foot-care section. Looks like a small (2" x 4"?) flat package, like it has several sheets of thick paper in it.

If you search Amazon for them, there are pictures.

Moleskin is the only thing that works for me. Any pharmacy should carry it. Any store that has a first aid section should carry it. I've seen moleskin in the gift shops at WDW resorts.

I was down the first week of this month and also got horrible blisters. In my case the culprit was the sudden downpours and no opportunity to change shoes for a few hours. I was able to get anti bac wipes, moleskin and bandages at the Epcot first aid center.

Ugh I definitely feel your pain (literally.. lol)
We were there the first week of this month and I WRECKED both of my feet with blisters galore
Ended up getting a sewing kit from the front desk to pop them (yes I know you're technically not supposed to but I was miserable after the first day... felt like I was walking on water balloons, GAG)
Just made sure to sanitize everything (ended up using hand sanitizer) and NOT peel the skin off
Used an entire box of Band-Aids! Ugh D;
Also, bring a few Ziplock bags and fill them with the hotel ice if you don't have any actual ice packs, they can be life savers!

I highly recommend Moleskin as others said

the other thing is to deal with it before it becomes an issue - I find using foot powder in advance made a big difference
I walk between 35K-40K steps a day and usually have blister issues - using foot powder seemed to make a big difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!