Debarkation Breakfast at Cabanas?

Shanti

Momketeer
Who here has eaten breakfast at Cabanas on debarkation morning? What kinds of foods are offered? We've had other breakfasts at Cabanas, but never on debarkation morning. Since we'll have late dining for our next cruise, but will need to make a quick getaway from the ship, Cabanas looks like our only option, but I'm worried about them offering a more limited selection that day. My son is gluten-free, so we can't just have toast or cereal. Do they offer meat, eggs & fruit at Cabanas on debarkation morning?

We've done breakfast at Cabanas on debarkation day a few times. The spread was a little more limited the last day, but there were plenty of meat, eggs, and fruit available. In my experience, the items which were limited were the ones which you would be avoiding, i.e. pastries, donuts, pancakes, waffles.

We've done breakfast at Cabanas on debarkation day a few times. The spread was a little more limited the last day, but there were plenty of meat, eggs, and fruit available. In my experience, the items which were limited were the ones which you would be avoiding, i.e. pastries, donuts, pancakes, waffles.
That's such a relief- I was worried it might be continental breakfast only. Thank you!

Since we'll have late dining for our next cruise, but will need to make a quick getaway from the ship
There's always the option of asking your head server about the possibility of going to early breakfast in the dining room. We've done it a couple of times (asked if we could go to the "other" seating) and it's been no problem. Now, it's possible that you won't get "your" servers that way, but both times we've been seated with our regular servers.

You might ask to make it in early as PrincessShmoo suggested. I know one time we had a family with us at breakfast on debarkation that needed a different time. We have also done Cabanas several times. There were eggs, bacon, pastries etc.

You might ask to make it in early as PrincessShmoo suggested. I know one time we had a family with us at breakfast on debarkation that needed a different time. We have also done Cabanas several times. There were eggs, bacon, pastries etc.
Sounds great. We like having a private table, so we'll probably eat at Cabana's to ensure getting one on that last morning.

We always eat at Cabanas on Debarkation Day. You'll be well fed so don 't worry - plenty of good stuff to choose from. Not as extensive as regular days but
the basics you love (eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc. will be there. Bon voyage.

We generally choose Cabanas for that last breakfast and then do the early walk off the ship. I find the MDR breakfast really stressful since they are rushing the service. Cabanas takes less time but doesn't somehow is more relaxed. While it's not the huge extravagant breakfast they normally serve there's always been more than enough to choose from for my family.

We've almost always eaten breakfast in Cabanas (or whatever topside buffet) on the last day...fun, great view, our schedule, plenty of buffet choices, and we're pretty good at filtering out any crowd from our consciousness and savoring the last moments.

Personally, I wouldn't ask our servers to let us change seatings. Of course they make it seem OK, but those poor folks are so busy and the last morning everything is on a tight schedule, any changes really aren't something we want to ask. I know some people say they do it and have been told it's okay, but out of kindness to the servers we'll either keep to our assigned seating (on the few times we've done last breakfast in the MDR) or tell them the night before that we won't be there (as a courtesy so they won't stress when we don't show up) and have a fun breakfast at Cabanas.

We usually eat at cabanas if flying out that day. We only do sit down if its a local port. I'm more of an eggs and bacon or omelette kind of guy and i've never had a problem finding food there debarkation.

Personally, I wouldn't ask our servers to let us change seatings. Of course they make it seem OK, but those poor folks are so busy and the last morning everything is on a tight schedule, any changes really aren't something we want to ask. I know some people say they do it and have been told it's okay, but out of kindness to the servers we'll either keep to our assigned seating (on the few times we've done last breakfast in the MDR) or tell them the night before that we won't be there (as a courtesy so they won't stress when we don't show up) and have a fun breakfast at Cabanas.

Can't tell you how much I agree with this. There are so many people with different schedules that if we all asked to be moved around on the final breakfast it would be utter chaos. It just isn't fair to the servers, period, and at some point as guests we have to stop asking for
exceptions just because we can.

DH (celiac) ate in Cabanas in January on the Wonder. We never saw any cereal he could eat the entire cruise, and he doesn't eat the bread/pastry products at breakfast that you have to specifically request... so it must have been gf-safe eggs/meat/fruit that he ate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter