debit cards

kelljacques@aol.com

<font color=red><b>I DON'T THINK SO SCOOTER!</b><b
when you sign up with a credit card at the beginning of the cruise does it have to be a credit card or can you use your debit card or can you put down cash??

I had this same question and called DCL. The lady told me that you can use a debit card but it puts a hold on $500 in your account. Well I am poor and cannot have a hold on that much of my money, esp when I'll have cash on me too. She told me you can put down cash, any amount to start. Then once your cash runs out your charging privlidges are suspended. She adv me you can always go and add more cash to your account and any left at the end will be refunded.

I suppose the easiest way would be to use a credit card but pay it off before you get off the ship, but if you are like me and don't have a credit card those would be your options.

HTH.

You can always hit up the BANK OF MOM, as my kids would say!!!!!
She'll kill me for saying this!!!

Auntie

i am well aware of the Bank of Mom as i am the president and CFO. LOL!! good advice on paying off the credit card. this is our first cruise and i am a little nervous about the $$ end of it. not much longer now!:p

Hi, when I used our debit card, I don't believe they asked if it was credit or debit. However, they did charge the card when it got to about $200 automatically. I've heard different amounts $250, $350, so I'm not sure if it's changed. Since I know ahead of time that almost everything on the trip (excursions, tips, souvenirs, drinks etc.) will be charged to our room, I have the money already there instead of cash or travelers checks. We didn't know this last time, but we ended up taking both to guest services from time to time to pay on the account before it was charged.

I put down my debit card on embarkation, and a $500 hold was put on the account. DCL does charge your card every time you run about about $250 in charges - which felt like everyday LOL!! Since I have an overdraft line of credit, the hold did not matter to me, but if you run your bank account close to the bone, put down a credit card, but go down to the desk every couple of days and settle your charges with your debit. It was very important to me to leave that ship as debt free as when I got on, so using my debit was the best way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter