Dec 18-13rd DAY 1 and 2

Rivergallery

I love Fast passes.. always have and always will..
Characters – Me-29 , DS- 3 ½, Sister – 27, Niece – 7, Father- 50s
Sunday 18th 2005
Well our original flight was on United scheduled to fly out about 6am Monday from PDX. So I left home about 1pm the day before as we planned to spend the night in Portland at Embassy Suites and then take the flight out in the am instead of driving at 3 in the morning. My Father, Sister and niece arrived at my place no trouble. We then loaded everything into my car and headed out. About an hour into our drive we hit ice, snow and freezing rain etc. The road was a sheet of ice, and a lady in a small truck did a 180 right in front of us. We then got lost a couple times to the airport as my Father didn’t know how to get there… and we got stuck behind bumper to bumper traffic.. all on the ice.
We made it to our hotel room about 7pm.. a drive that should have taken 2 hours at the most took about 4 hours or more. We then got some food at the restaurant there that was overpriced, and not too good. Me and DS then went to sleep, my Father and niece and sister stayed up and my Father and niece went swimming.

Monday 19th 2005
We woke at 4:00 am to be ready to leave the Embassy Suites at 4:30 for our flight out. We got down to the front desk and found our flight had been canceled.. after I had done the automated check-out. BUMMER. So they all got some muffins and coffee that was set out ( they set those things out at 4am with the full breakfast at 6am). Anyway I tried to figure out what to do, and finally got a live person over at United. Problem was they barely spoke English, but I persevered and the ONLY flight leaving that day that wasn’t canceled or overbooked was at about 5pm. So we extended our check in and tried to relax. At this point I never thought we would get to Disneyland! We went for a full complementary breakfast at 6am or so, and then I took the two kids swimming while my Sister and Father napped. I was glad to have brought food to put in my backpack, I would say I was definitely more prepared than the rest of my party. I had written out daily schedules for everyday, and got most of them done…. Except for this first day. We were supposed to be at DTD and having dinner at the Rainforest Café at 5pm, instead we were on a flight to LAX, where we still had to rent a car, and drive 2 hours or so to our Embassy Suites Anaheim South. As I mentioned I packed food in my backpack, like plastic drinks and energy bars. I ate these when I was hungry during the trip instead of having to have a sit down meal with my toddler. It worked well. I also snagged food from the breakfasts, usually a bagel with cream cheese or jam, and some fruit. So needless to say we didn’t see any “disney” things till Tuesday… When we got to the motel my Ds and I were beat. But I wanted to get the grocery shopping done, no one else wanted to. My DS had fallen asleep on the flight and was still sleeping when we got to the hotel, so I put him in bed. My Sister, Niece and Father went down to get some food, and I ordered up a pizza that lasted a few days. After ordering I took a quick bath, and then got dressed for the room service. It came with four sodas and was 14.75 plus tax I think. I charged it to the room, and it was a good buy, the pizza was very yummy, and it was easy as my DS wanted to sleep ;) I didn’t hear the others come in really as I was heading off to dreamland about 9pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter