December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

the FE list is now closed. Anyone wishing to be added will now to the Pixie Dust list at the bottom of the current list. These folks will be added with the knowledge that they may not receive gifts from everyone, as people purchased gifts based on closing date numbers...

One month to go folks! Who else is excited to cruise! I may or may not already have clothes distributed into specific piles and ready to be packed.:rolleyes1

On a side note... we're heading down 11/30 and staying at either Double Tree or the AC hotel san juan Condado. When we called the DT the other day, all we got was a busy signal (we tried a few times). When we called the AC hotel the front desk lady informed us that they are still running on generators, but they are open for business. She advised that we may not have power the whole day due to the generators. We said that we didn't mind..as long as we had beds to sleep in that night. :tongue: We're planning on grabbing a cab from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port.

We are excited too. First Disney cruise!! We got our stateroom door magents, FE, and lanyards. Now we just need to do all our FE shopping. We are flying from DC to Orlando and then flying from Orlando to PR Friday morning. Booking the disney cruise transfers, even though we were considering a cheaper option, to not have to deal with car seats. I don't know about you guys, but I am in need of some relaxation once this vacation kicks off.

Hi! We are new to the forum and just leaned about the fish extenders. I know we are late to the game but can we get involved? Mom, Dad and 2 sons - 5 and 1 years old. Thank you, we can't wait to meet everyone and we are SOOO excited for our first Disney Cruise!!

Who's joining us on our cruise adventure?! We haven't actually booked the cruise yet--we'll be booking it at the end of the month while on the Wonder. This will be cruise number 15 for me and 16 for my husband. Sooo...when do we start packing...I mean planning?!

I'll keep this post updated with info as we go!

Cruise Schedule
Dec 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dec 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:30am-5:00pm
Dec 3: Tortola, B.V.I. 9:30am-2:30pm (May end up being a day at sea)
Dec 4: At Sea
Dec 5: Castaway Cay 9:30am-4:45pm
Dec 6: Miami 7:30am

View attachment 205138

Disboards only FE list
**the FE list is now closed. Anyone wishing to be added will now bed added to the Pixie Dust list at the bottom of the current list. These folks will be added with the knowledge that they may not receive gifts from everyone, as people purchased gifts based on closing date numbers. If you're still interested please send me a PM (start a conversation).

Roll Call
hamm1207/N65PA: Sarah/Clint/DD (2 at time of cruise) B2B with Dec 6th Bahamas Room 5132
linetbo: me/DD (17)/mom
WillandJennB: 2
Donald & Daisy Duck: DW/DH/Adult kid (25) & partner/Adult kid (23) & partner
joe white
cjdemille
tguy
cmbar
wishiwasindisneyjen
nciaravella
gth850x
StephJaxmom
Joe White
RedSox68
DapperSailor3
saremmons
MelissaE1: DW/DH
Roxiezeus
NR10
CGC33A: 2 friends
Natalie Stevenson
Mom4myBunch
Tiffani McLean
KelleyC.

Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise!! I can add ya'll to the fish extender "pixie dust" list, but please keep in mind that you may not receive gifts from everyone.

Welcome to disboards and welcome to the cruise!! I can add ya'll to the fish extender "pixie dust" list, but please keep in mind that you may not receive gifts from everyone.
Thank you! Where do we find the "pixie dust" list?

HI All. I am simply wondering how many of you are flying in the day of the cruise as opposed to flying into San Juan a day early? We still have our hotel reservations according to Marriott but man i don't feel all warm and fuzzy about their assurances. I just realized that SWA will allow us to switch to the morning flight in from Baltimore for all of us with no change in cost. We have never not flown in the day before the cruise so I am nervous about doing that. Are any of you flying in directly that day? We only have one flight that leave BWI on that morning that will get us in around 1:35. Of course there goes the getting on the ship with an early checkin time :(
Anyone else going to come in that day?

Thank you! Where do we find the "pixie dust" list?

Here is a copy of the FE list. The Pixie Dust list is an extension of the FE list, and you'll find it highlighted at the bottom of the list. You'll only be able to view the list; not make changes. I can update your info for you. I'm sure there will be a few more families added to the Pixie Dust list--I've had families join the week of the cruise before.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M0_lJ50zZ09YSkXqRp_pOahN748Rm-SFyGvaKBxEusc/edit?usp=sharing

HI All. I am simply wondering how many of you are flying in the day of the cruise as opposed to flying into San Juan a day early? We still have our hotel reservations according to Marriott but man i don't feel all warm and fuzzy about their assurances. I just realized that SWA will allow us to switch to the morning flight in from Baltimore for all of us with no change in cost. We have never not flown in the day before the cruise so I am nervous about doing that. Are any of you flying in directly that day? We only have one flight that leave BWI on that morning that will get us in around 1:35. Of course there goes the getting on the ship with an early checkin time :(
Anyone else going to come in that day?

We're still flying down on the 30th. We have 2 hotels booked for the night (AC Hotel by Marriott and Double Tree). Personally, I'd be really nervous about flying in the day of, but they've extended the All Aboard time until 7:30 or 9pm (something like that). As long as your flight leaves Baltimore on time or close to on time you should be good. We're flying SW also, and we changed our flights to earlier flights on the 30th.

We're still flying down on the 30th. We have 2 hotels booked for the night (AC Hotel by Marriott and Double Tree). Personally, I'd be really nervous about flying in the day of, but they've extended the All Aboard time until 7:30 or 9pm (something like that). As long as your flight leaves Baltimore on time or close to on time you should be good. We're flying SW also, and we changed our flights to earlier flights on the 30th.
Thank Hamm. We leave at 8:30 and arrive at 1:30. I’m bummed about not being able to get on the ship early like we usually do. But I do remember that when we left from the SanJuan port Jan of 16 all the bathrooms were broke and we were miserable until we got on board. I wouldn’t be surprised to have problems at the port ( don’t know if they have electricity) but we would be able to probably get right on ship when we come from the airport so that’s not bad. Wasn’t planning on trying to upgrade at port and we don’t gave kids with us on this trip.

We spoke to Courtyard Miramar today and they say we have reservations but if they were honest they said there is always a possibility of cancelling though they don’t plan on it. They are still on generators. They did cancel a few on our night but say we are good for now and they expect less FEMA people three weeks from now. I’m just terrified they’ll cancel too close for us to change flights.
I’m afraid I’m overthinking.

Thank Hamm. We leave at 8:30 and arrive at 1:30. I’m bummed about not being able to get on the ship early like we usually do. But I do remember that when we left from the SanJuan port Jan of 16 all the bathrooms were broke and we were miserable until we got on board. I wouldn’t be surprised to have problems at the port ( don’t know if they have electricity) but we would be able to probably get right on ship when we come from the airport so that’s not bad. Wasn’t planning on trying to upgrade at port and we don’t gave kids with us on this trip.

We spoke to Courtyard Miramar today and they say we have reservations but if they were honest they said there is always a possibility of cancelling though they don’t plan on it. They are still on generators. They did cancel a few on our night but say we are good for now and they expect less FEMA people three weeks from now. I’m just terrified they’ll cancel too close for us to change flights.
I’m afraid I’m overthinking.

We had that problem in San Diego one year (the bathrooms didn't work upstairs--after you passed through security, so you had to go outside security to use the bathroom and then go back through). We don't have a PAT, so we're just going to show up when port opens and head on board as soon as we can.

I'm hoping our hotels don't cancel--I might make my husband call them again :rolleyes1 about a week before we cruise--that way we can cancel one of them once they're guaranteed to be open or cancelled. We figure worse case is we spend the night in the airport....wouldn't be fun but it would be an adventure, and well..."adventures away..." I'm sure I'm overthinking and over worrying too! I just can't wait to get on board and be cruising!

We had that problem in San Diego one year (the bathrooms didn't work upstairs--after you passed through security, so you had to go outside security to use the bathroom and then go back through). We don't have a PAT, so we're just going to show up when port opens and head on board as soon as we can.

I'm hoping our hotels don't cancel--I might make my husband call them again :rolleyes1 about a week before we cruise--that way we can cancel one of them once they're guaranteed to be open or cancelled. We figure worse case is we spend the night in the airport....wouldn't be fun but it would be an adventure, and well..."adventures away..." I'm sure I'm overthinking and over worrying too! I just can't wait to get on board and be cruising!

I know what you mean!! Can't wait to get on that ship and plop my bag down on my cabin bed (which hasn't been assigned yet! anxiously awaiting!!).

We called the Courtyard Marriott again today and were able to speak with the reservation girl at the hotel and she said all is good and they got electricity yesterday!! They still have the generator running just to make sure the electricity hangs on but it sounds really positive. Hopefully its a good thing for the rest of the area and your hotels! I think we finally feel better about coming in that Thursday and like you said , worse case it will be an adventure sleeping at the airport. Maybe all us Disney Cruisers can have a slumber party!
Finally starting to get excited about this!!

Me too. I watched videos on youtube this morning of a Magic cruise from September. So excited. All my FE goodies are enroute from various places so now I just have to organize it once it gets here. So excited for food, fun, and Mickey. Did i mention I'm excited? lol

A Disney cruise slumber party..what a great idea! (Maybe, maybe not):tongue: Is it too early to start packing?! I have piles of clothes and cruise stuff in our closets and daughter's dresser drawer just waiting to be packed!

A Disney cruise slumber party..what a great idea! (Maybe, maybe not):tongue: Is it too early to start packing?! I have piles of clothes and cruise stuff in our closets and daughter's dresser drawer just waiting to be packed!
Me Too ! Starting on the piles in my bedroom. Then I remembered I wanted to do magnets for the doors!! UGH

We ordered our FE and magnets off of Etsy months ago and as they started to trickle in, it became apparent that we are getting close. The issue I am now having is keeping my almost 3 year old daughter out of the FE goodies in the closet. The other day I caught her opening stuff lol.

We ordered our FE and magnets off of Etsy months ago and as they started to trickle in, it became apparent that we are getting close. The issue I am now having is keeping my almost 3 year old daughter out of the FE goodies in the closet. The other day I caught her opening stuff lol.

Hahaha! I have that problem too with my 23 month old. The problem is that her birthday gifts are in the closet too :tongue:.

Yeah, my son's birthday is next month and my daughter has hers in Feb. We have all kinds of presents in that closet hidden and the FE stuff. Might need to rethink our hiding strategy. This morning my son found something that was supposed to go in his Christmas stocking.

this is our first disney cruise & i literally just heard about this fish extender stuff today.. LOL

hi there, is it too late to join the fish extender program????

I can add you to the "pixie dust" list. Please keep in mind that you may not receive gifts from everyone, as most purchased/made gifts based on the closing date's numbers (Nov 1st was the official closing date for the list). I just need the following info: stateroom number, names of adults, names/ages/genders of kids (you don't have to give their names), any allergies and any favorite characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter