December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

Just received an email from DCL. Looks like our cruise is a go, but they've pushed back the all aboard time to 7:00pm in SJ. We might have a day at sea instead of Tortola, and they'll let us know once they've made the decision. The cruise before ours (NY-SJ) is now going to St. John's Antigua instead of Tortola.

The Sheraton Old San Juan just canceled our hotel reservation. I will need to change my flight or find another hotel. Any suggestions?

Just noticed the same thing. I guess San Juan is set. A bit disappointed as it takes away some of the excitement of a cruise having to worry if We are going to have problems with the hotel and getting transportation to hotel from airport. And that's if we get to airport.

We have a flight from Baltimore to San Juan the day before but it gets in at 5:20 pm. Do you think this will be a problem. I'm hearing they aren't having flights arriving after sundown.
Anyone else worried about this?

The Sheraton Old San Juan just canceled our hotel reservation. I will need to change my flight or find another hotel. Any suggestions?
Call Courtyard Miramar. They didn't get hit hard and they told me they are up and running. Online it looks to be sold out for Nov 30th but I would call directly. Good luck. I'm worried about getting in to airport and then to hotel. Ugh.

Yeah, just the email from our TA. We are staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is supposed to open up after the end of October. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Who's joining us on our cruise adventure?! We haven't actually booked the cruise yet--we'll be booking it at the end of the month while on the Wonder. This will be cruise number 15 for me and 16 for my husband. Sooo...when do we start packing...I mean planning?!

I'll keep this post updated with info as we go!

Cruise Schedule
Dec 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dec 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:30am-5:00pm
Dec 3: Tortola, B.V.I. 9:30am-2:30pm
Dec 4: At Sea
Dec 5: Castaway Cay 9:30am-4:45pm
Dec 6: Miami 7:30am

View attachment 205138

Roll Call
hamm1207/N65PA: Sarah/Clint/DD (2 at time of cruise) B2B with Dec 6th Bahamas Room 5132
linetbo: me/DD (17)/mom
WillandJennB: 2
Donald & Daisy Duck: DW/DH/Adult kid (25) & partner/Adult kid (23) & partner
joe white
cjdemille
tguy
cmbar
wishiwasindisneyjen
nciaravella
gth850x
StephJaxmom
Joe White
RedSox68
DapperSailor3
saremmons
MelissaE1: DW/DH
Roxiezeus
NR10
CGC33A: 2 friends
Natalie Stevenson
:welcome: Awesome! Glad you're joining us!
Hello Hamm1207
We will be on the Magic Dec 1, is anyone organizing a fish extender group, look forward to sailing, wherever our ship may sail.

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/home/

Looks like the port is open to homeporting operations and the international airport is fully operational. Check the above link for the status of the hotel you are staying at. RCCL is already homeporting out of PR so there must be at least some ground transportation available to get 3000 guests from the airport to the port. Other than the push back on embarkation and the Tortola/sea day possible change, it looks like this cruise will go on as scheduled.

Just noticed the same thing. I guess San Juan is set. A bit disappointed as it takes away some of the excitement of a cruise having to worry if We are going to have problems with the hotel and getting transportation to hotel from airport. And that's if we get to airport.

We have a flight from Baltimore to San Juan the day before but it gets in at 5:20 pm. Do you think this will be a problem. I'm hearing they aren't having flights arriving after sundown.
Anyone else worried about this?

We're planning on getting in 11/30 as well, and we arrive around 7:45pm. So far we haven't heard anything from SW regarding our flight, but they're planning on running all normal operations by 11/1, so we'll see.

Hello Hamm1207
We will be on the Magic Dec 1, is anyone organizing a fish extender group, look forward to sailing, wherever our ship may sail.

I'm organizing a disboards only FE. Just send me a PM with the following info: names of travelers, ages and genders of kiddos, stateroom number, any allergies we need to be aware of, and any favorite characters.

I am new to the group! This will be my family's first Disney Cruise. I heard about the "fish extender". How do we join groups for the exchange?
:welcome: to the cruise and welcome to disboards! If you're interested in the FE, you just have to let me know. You can send me a PM with your stateroom number, names of travelers, ages and genders for the kiddos, any allergies we need to know about and any favorite characters. Please feel free to ask any questions--whether they be about cruising, FE, or anything!

We have a reservation at the Double Tree and one at a Marriott resort (Not sure which one b/c my husband made the reservation). Both can be cancelled in a timely manner (24-48 hours before the reservation).

:welcome: to the cruise and welcome to disboards! If you're interested in the FE, you just have to let me know. You can send me a PM with your stateroom number, names of travelers, ages and genders for the kiddos, any allergies we need to know about and any favorite characters. Please feel free to ask any questions--whether they be about cruising, FE, or anything!

Thank you!! Ok. so im new to this forum and I have no idea on how to send a PM. I feel like I clicked on everything. HELP please. lol & smh

Thank you!! Ok. so im new to this forum and I have no idea on how to send a PM. I feel like I clicked on everything. HELP please. lol & smh
You have to have to post 10 times before it'll let you send a PM. Don't worry...I did the same thing when I first got here too!

We have a reservation at the Double Tree and one at a Marriott resort (Not sure which one b/c my husband made the reservation). Both can be cancelled in a timely manner (24-48 hours before the reservation).
Are both of those hotels actually operational? It looks like a lot of them are coming back online in early November.

Hello Hamm1207
Are you the right person to ask about the FE group,
I would be interested in joining
Thanks
Mom4mybunch

Yeppers! You can either post your info on the boards, or you can send me a PM once you have 10 posts. I just need to know the following: Stateroom number, names, ages/genders of the kiddos, any allergies and any favorite characters. With that info I'll add you to the FE list and send you a copy of the link.

Are both of those hotels actually operational? It looks like a lot of them are coming back online in early November.
As far as we know both are listed as being operational--when we check their websites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter